PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady says he's done "for good"

It was pure joy to watch him play. He was the definition of a field general. Probably one of the most clutch players in the history of sports.

That said, Triumph might be right. He might come back, though I think he was sick of it last year.

Let's slow down on the Mahomes talk okay?
No rival whatsoever

Teddy Bruschi was on Get Up when the it was announced. He said he wasn’t surprised because all the conversations he’s had with Tom the last several years Tom always told Teddy that he would play until he was 45.

I’m guessing Rodgers isn’t retiring now. His ego won’t let him be overshadowed in his HOF class by TB12.

Fn4sOpCXoAAuWCe

I’m guessing Rodgers isn’t retiring now. His ego won’t let him be overshadowed in his HOF class by TB12.

It was worth coming back for this year solely because he doesn’t have to deal with going in the same year as Ben and dealing with a 95% Steelers crowd.

80 for Brady ticket sales have been brisk. Empty theatres where you can sit wherever you want.

This news ought to pack em in like sardines.

Not change a thing? Personally, I would have caught that pass in Philly...

I suspect he wants to have mire time with kids post divorce. Happy to see him put family first.
Nothing left to prove on football field.

I did not see this coming. I am glad I watched almost all his Bucs games.

Wish him the best whatever next. I am bummed I won't see him play again.

Congratulations Tom. You are the Greatest of All Time. I'm looking forward to seeing you on Fox. A Football Life......enough said

I wonder if a part of his thinking of why this year his retirement thoughts feel so different compared to last year is he was in everyone who isn’t an idiots view the MVP. It was one of the 5 best seasons of his entire career, easily. And he so nearly beat the Rams to get to the NFFCG. How can you sleep at night knowing you were going out while still that good? But this year was not that. We all saw the flashes of Brady being the GOAT still. But other times it just didn’t look right. It was just…off. And so that’s how he knows he should walk. Because he can feel it slipping away.

Just trying to figure this out because it’s so unexpected to me. But that would make sense.
23 years is a mental and physical grind. The last year had a lot of disappointment in it. He clearly was not having fun. At some point, it's just time. He's got lots of other things to look forward to in life. Time to move on. Better to move on when everyone knows you can still play, rather than doing what that Pittsburgh guy did.

23 years is a mental and physical grind. The last year had a lot of disappointment in it. He clearly was not having fun. At some point, it's just time. He's got lots of other things to look forward to in life. Time to move on. Better to move on when everyone knows you can still play, rather than doing what that Pittsburgh guy did.

It’s gonna be great seeing Rodgers embarrass himself doing his BS act for the next 3 offseasons.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back