PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady says he's done "for good"

I've been saying the same thing for two years , don't count on many agreeing with you, most don't understand the economics.
I get what you are saying, but the only person that doesn't understand NFL economics is the one saying the '21 cap would've gone from $62 to $12M if Brady had stayed. That's nonsense.

"I'm sorry, Tommy, You were over the line, that's a foul...Excuse me! Mark it zero. Next frame... Tommy, this is not Nam. This is football. There are rules.... This is a league game. This determines who enters the next round-robin, am I wrong?... Tommy my friend. You're entering a world of pain."

Back on the sauce

Sorry. Big Lebowski reference. Need to watch the movie

First your narrative that the Pats kicked Brady out is a lie. Brady LEFT for greener pastures. He knew the Pats were going to go through ANOTHER rebuilding process and he rightfully realized that he needed to go to a team with a better roster if he was going to win #7 They DID invest in him HEAVILY from 2014-19 and put themselves in cap hell doing it.

There is one thing I always ask someone who thinks the Pats should have resigned Brady for $25MM/yr in 2020. Remember that year, with a stripped down roster already, and a QB that cost them $1MM against the cap, and they were STILL in cap hell in 2020 (not to mention that it WOULD have been even worse if Covid hadn't happened and HIghtower, Chung, etc had to count against the cap). Who ELSE would have had to go in order to give Tom his money.

No it made NO sense at all for Tom and it made no sense for the Pats. The PR could have gone better, I guess, but as a football decision, the CORRECT move was made by BOTH parties.
Brady was practically begging for any sort of commitment from the Patriots and Belichick wasn't willing to give it to him. 'Stats are for losers' Bill forced Brady into an embarrassing one-year incentive laden contract prior to the 2018 season. This after Belichick had completely ****ed Brady in Super Bowl 52. Then after Brady led his 6th game-winning Super Bowl drive, Belichick still had the balls to offer Brady another incentive laden contract and Brady told him to FO!

Similar to how Gronk told Bill to stick the trade to Detroit up his rear end prior to the 2018 season (a trade by the way that would have taken another Super Bowl off the table but Bill didn't have the insight for that either).

And so, Brady had forced the Patriots to at least roll all of those asinine incentives into his salary and add the no franchise clause to the contract because he was completely sick of dealing his Bill's utter ********. Of course the 2019 season ended like **** because Bill's "boogeymen" defense couldn't stop Ryan Fitzpatrick on the final drive up-4 to preserve a playoff bye. Instead they lost that game and then got steamrolled by Derrick Henry in the wild card. Brady's Patriots career over.

Belichick's biggest problem is his hubris. He thought it was all about him and his "system" (which I still can't identify if anyone wants to clear that up) so to him Brady was interchangeable with any top 15 quarterback in the league (as was reported). Belichick did not properly respect the value and impact of Brady. It was clearly evident as far back as 2014 (before he won 3 more SB's with Brady) and it was undeniable with the **** contracts he shoved down Brady's throat for the last few seasons in New England.

Well, Bill got his way. Brady left. And won a GD Super Bowl right away, which wasn't part of Bill's vision. Meanwhile Bill was gushing praise of a total washed loser like Cam Newton because Cam was a major Belichick kiss ass and yes man. Which was good for a dreadfully inept offense and the first losing season in New England since 2000 (what a coincidence!).

Two years later Bill's onto his third OC in three seasons and in the process he's completely derailed the development of his new "franchise quarterback." Nice. ****ing. Job.

The dichotomy between Brady on the Bucs and Cam on the Pats in 2020 where Brady was going on to a Super Bowl while Cam could barely throw a forward pass remains one of the more embarrassing things that ever happened to the Patriots as a franchise. And Belichick unconditionally supporting Cam the whole time remains mind boggling to this day.

the thing about boston, you could do a legit rushmore just with coaches and have it be all-time

start with:
bill
red

then you've got a lot to debate lol
The Bruins put together a winner too.

Phil Esposito
Ken Hodge
John Bucyk
Johhny McKenzie had 22 goals the season they won the cup.

The dichotomy between Brady on the Bucs and Cam on the Pats in 2020 where Brady was going on to a Super Bowl while Cam could barely throw a forward pass remains one of the more embarrassing things that ever happened to the Patriots as a franchise. And Belichick unconditionally supporting Cam the whole time remains mind boggling to this day.
I'd love to know what Jarrett Stidham said/did after the Newton signing that even as bad as it got, he never got a chance with the exception of some mop-up duty. The fact he fell so far out of favor after what was being leaked all offseason is just crazy, and the fact that Belichick outright refused to play him and dug his heels in so strongly on Newton remains one of the strangest dynamics about that whole situation.

IMO that was a mini tank by BB to get a higher draft pick...possibly with Mac in mind. It worked.

Celtics: Red
Red Sox: Tito
Bruins: Art Ross or Claude
Pats: BB

Claude did less with more than a handful of B's coaches. Not to mention that Canadiens stank he has on him.

No chance in hell.
In no way shape or form did he or anyone think Cam was going to be successful especially in a new system at his age. He was the wrong type of player for the system and was used to help get other players on the team that might contribute in a year or so.

IMO that was a mini tank by BB to get a higher draft pick...possibly with Mac in mind. It worked.
No, it wasn’t. And, if it was, there’s no actual proof that it “worked.”

Correct.

Two years later Bill's onto his third OC in three seasons and in the process he's completely derailed the development of his new "franchise quarterback." Nice. ****ing. Job.
Bill's on his third OC in three season because the first took a head coaching job and the second was likely not his first choice. Either way, there's some context about that situation that you're obviously leaving out. He didn't put that sequence of events in motion, and it didn't help that Josh raided the staff to the point it was in the situation it was in this past season.

In no way shape or form did he or anyone think Cam was going to be successful especially in a new system at his age. He was the wrong type of player for the system and was used to help get other players on the team that might contribute in a year or so.
Many people here thought Cam would be successful and, in order to justify that belief, pointed to his level of play 2-3 years prior while excusing the more recent level of play away with injuries. He had no back-up plan. Why he had no back-up plan is up for debate. Perhaps he thought Brady would continue eating **** sandwiches and would keep swallowing what were basically one-year “prove it” deals? Maybe he thought Brady would stay because he’d want to retire here? Maybe he thought Brady would stay because he thought he had a more talented team here than he really had? Maybe he didn’t like other available QBs (including those he already had on the roster)? Not sure.

Their apparently is some evidence it "worked"...I was able to locate it on the Patriots web site. I believe his number is 10.

What has he done over the last two years to make you believe that this mythical “mini-tank” worked? Have we won a playoff game?

What has he done over the last two years to make you believe that this mythical “mini-tank” worked? Have we won a playoff game?
No...he got the player he wanted. That's what I meant....sorry for the confusion.

Claude did less with more than a handful of B's coaches. Not to mention that Canadiens stank he has on him.
Is that a statement or are you arguing a point?

Nah if there was a "tank" in 2020 they probably roll with Stidham and Hoyer as the QBs by committee the whole season. Would have been hard for BB to keep his job though with a 2-14 season after seeing what Brady did with the Bucs.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
Back