PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady Retires (Update: Shouts out to Pats players, coaches on social media)

WOW, Twenty Two years what a ride, he goes out still playing at a very high level own his own terms

End of an era. In 2001 I was 27 years old and was 15 years into my Patriots fandom. What happened that year was truly unbelievable. Winning that 1st SB was part joy and part relief. I remember thinking we won one and nobody can ever take that away. Who the hell ever thought we’d win another 5! What a damn ride it was. My team became the most dominant team in NFL history led by the greatest player ever. What an emotional day.

Thank You Tom Brady

Last edited:
They should rename Gillette Stadium to TB12 Stadium.

This is a confirmation tweet without being an absolute confirmation. I read it as "He's retiring, yeah, but he's still in-flight to Boston to announce it from Kraft's house, so it'll be a few hours."

Football just changed a bit with his retirement. I still plan to watch obviously, but losing all these QBs I watched when I was younger makes the entire game feel different to me. I know we are supposed to hate them, but QBs like Big Ben and Eli Manning were QBs I watched before I was 21. Heck, before I was an adult! Not sure how to process it but the game feels different losing all these players. Brady, Peyton, Rivers, Eli, Ben and so on was my nfl.
The problem is young people don’t appreciate the game of football because the rules have been changed so dramatically in order to create exactly what you feel, it’s not a football games its a qb competition.

There’s no way to say how much he meant to me as a player. It was a different level, not just how good he was. I imagine some of you guys may relate to this. I felt like for a while there in 2015-2017ish, I would go to war for the guy every day talking to other football fans. Combine that with him bringing me many of the highest emotional highs in my life… I feel pretty connected to TB12.
Watching his documentaries, his hype videos… it was a lot more than just seeing him play on sundays.

Pretty much. It made sense then and it makes sense now. We needed to rebuild, Brady needed to finish his career
Keeping in mind to those that say BB screwed it up by going all in to win from 2014-2019 going to 4 Super Bowls and winning three of them…

Brady’s dead cap in New England when he left New England… 13.3 million.

One ring, two seasons… dead cap in Tampa… 32 million… with another 3.3 owed for AB.

Keeping in mind to those that say BB screwed it up by going all in to win from 2014-2019 going to 4 Super Bowls and winning three of them…

Brady’s dead cap in New England when he left New England… 13.3 million.

One ring, two seasons… dead cap in Tampa… 32 million… with another 3.3 owed for AB.
Oh god, Brady's retirement actually brings Tampa's cap space from $11M in 2022 to $-600, at least based on a quick glance at overthecap.com

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back