PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady Retires (Update: Shouts out to Pats players, coaches on social media)

The problem is young people don’t appreciate the game of football because the rules have been changed so dramatically in order to create exactly what you feel, it’s not a football games its a qb competition.
Its the same feeling I got from WWE trying to to go back to it. Just wasnt the same without all the people I grew up with. I dont have that connection with the newer players.

With that said... time eventually moves on and now its a new era.

End of an era. In 2001 I was 27 years old and was 15 years into my Patriots fandom. What happened that year was truly unbelievable. Winning that 1st SB was part joy and part relief. I remember thinking we won one and nobody can ever take that away. Who the hell ever thought we’d win another 5! What a damn ride it was. My team became the most dominant team in NFL history led by the greatest player ever. What an emotional day.

Thank You Tom Brady
Our ages and Pats experiences align almost perfectly. As does our thanks to Tom.

Last edited:
Greatest to play the game, ever.

Little Brady poster I made, featuring one pic from each Patriot season... Hope you all enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it... will probably edited it at a later date, adding his name, and to add pics of him receiving his Red Jacket and Gold Jacket.

drv0BHd.jpg

Oh god, Brady's retirement actually brings Tampa's cap space from $11M in 2022 to $-600, at least based on a quick glance at overthecap.com
I’m pretty sure he knew two years ago that 2 years was his limit after signing a 2 year 50 million deal… that’s roughly what he made not including playoff bonuses and incentives.

Pretty much. It made sense then and it makes sense now. We needed to rebuild, Brady needed to finish his career
Yeah, it all made sense, but it still sucked.

I wanted him to finish here, even if it meant a couple of years of mediocrity, then a rebuild. Even the side-bar things to the team - like this forum - are way worse because of him leaving.

What the hell is Rob Parker going to talk about from now on? Maybe he'll announce his retirement
Rob Parker has chimed in on twitter and he didn’t disappoint. Lol.

Thanks Tom for all the memories. I grew up watching you. I was 13 in 2001. TB12 was basically my all life watching football. Now I guess it’s the turn of Mac10 to make us dream.

Yeah, it all made sense, but it still sucked.

I wanted him to finish here, even if it meant a couple of years of mediocrity, then a rebuild. Even the side-bar things to the team - like this forum - are way worse because of him leaving.
Brady doesnt win a 7th on this team though. Lets say he stayed for those two seasons. Our peak was 10 wins the first season and maybe 12 in the second. He would have just been a bandage.

I'm still salty the only time I saw Brady we lost in a defensive holding by Gilmore... On a run play.

I'm still salty the only time I saw Brady we lost in a defensive holding by Gilmore... On a run play.
Only time I saw Brady was the Bengals game in 2016 - bought the tickets before the court ruling. Could have gotten much more for them, but no way was I parting with them. Quite the event that day - Brady, Gronk, Burfict etc

Kraft should waive the rules and schedule the Red Jacket for the GOAT this year. Actually Caton should do the same but they won't.

Good time for him to retire. I think his gaol before he retired was to win back to back with Tampa Bay, then he would;ld have won back to back with 2 different teams.
When Tampa lost that game last week, I think he saw that putting his body through more trauma was not worth it.

I NEVER want to see pics of him in a buccaneers uniform again. He is a patriot, period

I’m pretty sure he knew two years ago that 2 years was his limit after signing a 2 year 50 million deal… that’s roughly what he made not including playoff bonuses and incentives.
Yeah, 2 years 50 million which was then extended/restructured an additional 1 year with 3 void years tacked on, with a $20 million signing bonus and $20 million roster bonus. But now he won't play that additional year. So he's leaving the Bucs with a big old bag.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back