PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady Retires (Update: Shouts out to Pats players, coaches on social media)

We've been talking about it for a few days but it is still a bit of a shock! He obviously can still play at a high level. Very curious to see his comments/announcement.

Crazy that he actually stuck to the 45 number and went out still playing at an extremely high (MVP) level. He helped take the franchise from a perennial laughing stock to the greatest dynasty football has ever seen. I’ll always be appreciative of the good memories. Sucks he couldn’t spend his final two years here, but he accomplished his last feat - winning one without BB. Hope he enjoys his retirement.

Still shocked. This was way more abrupt than I would have thought a month ago. I wonder if we’ll learn more about why now.

We've been talking about it for a few days but it is still a bit of a shock! He obviously can still play at a high level. Very curious to see his comments/announcement.
It definitely shouldn’t be shocking since he’s said for years that age 45 was the number, and he will be 45 at the start of the 2022 season.

Crazy that he actually stuck to the 45 number and went out still playing at an extremely high (MVP) level. He helped take the franchise from a perennial laughing stock to the greatest dynasty football has ever seen. I’ll always be appreciative of the good memories. Sucks he couldn’t spend his final two years here, but he accomplished his last feat - winning one without BB. Hope he enjoys his retirement.
Such a sad day
I don’t know how the next season will be without watching Brady

Can we finally kill the Tom Brady section. It's beyond stupid now that we have to cater to a bunch of infants and pretend Brady isn't the most important player this franchise has had and ever will had. Like I can't imagine a Colts forum would ban Peyton Manning talk when he left. Like it or not, 30 years from now Brady will be the equivalent to this team that Montana was for the 49'ers or Graham was for the Browns.

His last season he leads the league in yards and touchdowns. His last drive he completed a comeback from down 27-3 to tie the game. His last pass touchdown is a 50 yard bomb to Evans over one of the premier corners in the league. The dude went out dignified.

It definitely shouldn’t be shocking since he’s said for years that age 45 was the number, and he will be 45 at the start of the 2022 season.
He could've said it last week and it would still feel like a shock to me.

For those wondering: the other thread about speculation Brady could retire was closed since it was nearing 10 pages long. Since this is now a confirmed thing, a new thread made a lot more sense. Thank you @Ice_Ice_Brady for opening it.

If this is true. The pats are 2 years ahead of where they would have been if brady was still a patriot. The mutual parting of the ways. doesn't look so bad now.
Meh, they still could have kept him and drafted Mac. But he wasn’t winning another one here with all the years of mediocre to bad drafts throughout Caserio’s tenure. Now that he’s retired, I’m happy he got out and won one more while the Pats weren’t in it.

Can we finally kill the Tom Brady section. It's beyond stupid now that we have to cater to a bunch of infants and pretend Brady isn't the most important player this franchise has had and ever will had. Like I can't imagine a Colts forum would ban Peyton Manning talk when he left. Like it or not, 30 years from now Brady will be the equivalent to this team that Montana was for the 49'ers or Graham was for the Browns.

He’s far more important than those guys. Only comparison is Jordan with the Bulls who also shouldn’t have retired when he did.

Meh, they still could have kept him and drafted Mac. But he wasn’t winning another one here with all the years of mediocre to bad drafts throughout Caserio’s tenure. Now that he’s retired, I’m happy he got out and won one more while the Pats weren’t in it.
I don’t think we would’ve been in position to draft Mac though. Team likely wins a few more games last year with Tom. (Though they weren’t going to go anywhere)

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back