PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady Retires (Update: Shouts out to Pats players, coaches on social media)

I’m happy about the retirement for a few reasons, but my favorite reason is how this completely dominates the rapist’s retirement. TFB kicking Fat Ben’s ass AGAIN.

Hats off to an icon. He helped bring more joy to this football fan than many multigenerational families enjoy.

Said it in the now closed other thread but, since I keep seeing a lot about this marking the end of so many fans' childhood -- it resonates for us boomer-ish fans too. I've lived through great Boston athletes from Orr to Bird to Yaz/Lynn/Rice/Pedro/Ortiz, but no athlete defines my sports lifetime like Brady.

Great player and a deserved retirement. There has been little to prove for years, yet he still raised the bar.

I’m clearly in the minority, as he’s a player to me rather than an idol. I’m hoping NE bucks the trend of so so many franchises and they are able to find success a few years after a great one moves on. Should be interesting to watch !

Brady was the absolute best and we’ll never see anything like the Brady-BB partnership again in any sport. How lucky we were.

Thank you, Tommy.

Big CNN Brady retire time...

Official.

Once in a lifetime. Good thing he was with the Patriots for 20yrs....

Zero chance that Mac would have lasted until the late 20s of the first round had Brady stayed in 2020.
Zero chance.

The thing about TB12 which is different is how "cutch he was"....seperated him from the rest...wheter it be Peyton, Aaron etc....came up so big for us so many times....It was a shame he had to go to Tampa, but once he started talking about family after the Ram loss, it was pretty evident his heart wasn't in it no more.....Thanks Tom for all the great memories!!!!

Meh, they still could have kept him and drafted Mac. But he wasn’t winning another one here with all the years of mediocre to bad drafts throughout Caserio’s tenure. Now that he’s retired, I’m happy he got out and won one more while the Pats weren’t in it.
If they had brady the last two years. They would not have been in position to draft mac.

They should skip the wait and induct him in the Patriot Hall if Fame this year. Hell they should start construction on the Brady wing today.

Football just changed a bit with his retirement. I still plan to watch obviously, but losing all these QBs I watched when I was younger makes the entire game feel different to me. I know we are supposed to hate them, but QBs like Big Ben and Eli Manning were QBs I watched before I was 21. Heck, before I was an adult! Not sure how to process it but the game feels different losing all these players. Brady, Peyton, Rivers, Eli, Ben and so on was my nfl.

We weren’t going to win one with or without him the last two years. Guess it all made sense in the end.
Pretty much. It made sense then and it makes sense now. We needed to rebuild, Brady needed to finish his career

I’m happy about the retirement for a few reasons, but my favorite reason is how this completely dominates the rapist’s retirement. TFB kicking Fat Ben’s ass AGAIN.
Ben on Thursday: "It's gonna be great, I'm gonna announce my retirement and now all the playoff games on Sunday will run a nice piece about me and how great I am"

*Brady retires on Saturday, all the networks run a piece during their playoff games about how great he was and ignore Ben*

Ben: *commits a crime out of frustration*

Old(ish) guy memory:

In my back yard spring 2002, still basking in the glory of the fact the Patriots actually won a Super Bowl. And I wondered -- how will it end up with this Brady guy? Will we look back in ten years and say "hey ... remember him? Whatever happened to him? Man that as a special year." Or would he be something else, something really good for a decade or so. Grogan level? Bledsoe level? Cool. What he actually became -- that never occurred to me as a possibility.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back