PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady: an honest take

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay but now the thing we are bashing Brady for he is doing in Tampa. Meanwhile our current QB is not doing that?

So in 20 years, twice Brady didn’t do this. In 2 years, Stidham already isn’t doing it this season.

Seems kinda frivolous to hold this over Brady’s head. Oh and Brady at least has an excuse.... he’s a new guy on a new team that’s going to need to learn a new offense. Whereas the last two years the core pieces of the war Corp were people Brady already was good with for some time.

What “current QB?” We do not have a starter. JS has not earned or won the job yet.

What “current QB?” We do not have a starter. JS has not earned or won the job yet.

If you honestly believe this you must be on crack. It’s currently either Stidham or a vet who has started only 38 games in 11 seasons of play who has hopped around 7 teams, who we already discarded twice.....

If you honestly believe this you must be on crack. It’s currently either Stidham or a vet who has started only 38 games in 11 seasons of play who has hopped around 7 teams, who we already discarded twice.....

Stidham hasn’t earned squat. Neither him or anyone else has been named the starter to this point so it’s not relevant what JS is or isn’t doing this offseason. If Bill likes what Hoyer or anyone else does in camp over Stidham than they will get the job.

Stidham hasn’t earned squat. Neither him or anyone else has been named the starter to this point so it’s not relevant what JS is or isn’t doing this offseason. If Bill likes what Hoyer or anyone else does in camp over Stidham than they will get the job.
When TB took over the job, he hadn't earned it either. It's what you do AFTER you get a shot that counts.

Assume the angered "Brady missed 2 voluntary OTA's in his career crowd" must have absolutely detested Bill Russell as he rarely practiced. Red knew that he was a gamer and had different rules for him. Brady had a significantly shorter off season than any player in NFL history. Often 5 weeks shorter due to his 9 Super Bowl appearances. If he needed to make this minor concession to keep the peace with his family that does not seem like a big deal to me. And everyone admits that he did not need it for himself anyways but to help "coach others" on the team. After winning the Super Bowl in 2018 and starting last season 8-0 it's hard to say it had much if any impact. Of course we'd all prefer he attended just for the optics but on the importance scale it's probably barely a 1. Due to 1st round exit this year Brady already got several extra weeks of down time and having to learn a new offense makes the current situation different anyways.

There’s no point in being miserable because some fans want to root for Brady.

and theres no reason for those Brady for ever no matter what fans to make everyone else miserable because they do not continue to root for brady at this point and time.

I can celebrate everything Brady has done for the Patriots. I do not want to celebrate Brady playing for the bucs. And I am "Bitter" because of that? Screw that.

and theres no reason for those Brady for ever no matter what fans to make everyone else miserable because they do not continue to root for brady at this point and time.

I can celebrate everything Brady has done for the Patriots. I do not want to celebrate Brady playing for the bucs. And I am "Bitter" because of that? Screw that.
Yes you are bitter because you are the one complaining about people rooting for and talking about Brady. Guess what? It’s going to happen on here for every single year until he retires and then after he retires virtually every person who plays QB here will be compared to him and every team will be compare to his era. Your options are ignore it or complain about it and make everyone miserable

The thing is some don't route for Brady anymore because they focus on the team in its current makeup. Then you have some people who have to make the announcement multiple times that they don't route for him anymore like its some kind of badge of honor.

Stidham is in Massachusetts. Are you even allowed to go outside in Ma yet?

Yes but upon return to MA you are ordered to self-quarantine for 14 days

When TB took over the job, he hadn't earned it either. It's what you do AFTER you get a shot that counts.

That is true. With JS we know he hasn’t been handed the job and he has to show Bill he deserves it. Nobody has been named the starter. For all we know Hoyer could be lights out and the job is his.

Comparing JS not working with the receivers right now to Brady skipping OTAs is apples and oranges.

Yeah it’s hilarious. Imagine being offended because we are not cheering for a QB on another team to win a Super Bowl. :thumbsup: Im not even convinced that some of us really would cheer for NE if they play Tampa -oops I meant Tompa sorry Tom- in the Super Bowl. Smh

The thing is some don't route for Brady anymore because they focus on the team in its current makeup. Then you have some people who have to make the announcement multiple times that they don't route for him anymore like its some kind of badge of honor.
It's not a badge of honor. its the reality of the situation.

Brady left. Brady decided to leave a year ago, if you believe what he has said. there is no reason to root for him while he is wearing another teams jersey.

Its okay to put away the 12 jersey for the time being, and to celebrate the accomplishments after he retires.

Yeah it’s hilarious. Imagine being offended because we are not cheering for a QB on another team to win a Super Bowl. :thumbsup: Im not even convinced that some of us really would cheer for NE if they play Tampa -oops I meant Tompa sorry Tom- in the Super Bowl. Smh
pfffttt... they aren't offended, we're just "bitter". /s

Yes you are bitter because you are the one complaining about people rooting for and talking about Brady. Guess what? It’s going to happen on here for every single year until he retires and then after he retires virtually every person who plays QB here will be compared to him and every team will be compare to his era. Your options are ignore it or complain about it and make everyone miserable

don't presume to tell me I'm bitter. You don't know a damn thing about what i feel. And I am not complaining about people talking about Brady. You want to cheer him on, go ahead... but don't include dumbass statements about the rest of us being "bitter" etc because you do not and can not know that.

You make judgements about us not wanting to ball wash Brady while he's playing for another team, pontificating from your high horses all the while... telling us we are making everyone else miserable? hypocrite...

In order, I root for the Patriots, teams playing against other teams whereby they can help the Pats, the 49ers, players on my FF team. So, while I wish him well, I'll root for TB when he's playing a Pats competitor or if I happen to draft him in FF (once in the past 10 years). Otherwise, he's just another player.

In order, I root for the Patriots, teams playing against other teams whereby they can help the Pats, the 49ers, players on my FF team. So, while I wish him well, I'll root for TB when he's playing a Pats competitor or if I happen to draft him in FF (once in the past 10 years). Otherwise, he's just another player.
So...you would rather root for your fantasy players - even if their success hurts the Patriots - than root for Tom Brady? Got it...

I will always root for Brady. He is not just a great athlete but someone who has inspired me. There are very few people I can say that about. I hope he tears up the NFC.

It's not a badge of honor. its the reality of the situation.

Brady left. Brady decided to leave a year ago, if you believe what he has said. there is no reason to root for him while he is wearing another teams jersey.

Its okay to put away the 12 jersey for the time being, and to celebrate the accomplishments after he retires.

pfffttt... they aren't offended, we're just "bitter". /s
Fine, how many times are you going to remind us of the reality of the situation? Jeez we get it. Doesn't mean we can't still like him to do well

We never had a lockdown in Mass. Closed Schools, non essential businesses, restaurants except take out, gyms, movie theaters etc. We have never been locked in and just a few towns had mandatory mask rules when outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots