SOURCE:WEEI

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Dolphins
Sun
Sep 13th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Tom Brady: an honest take

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Antdawg, Dec 29, 2019.

1. NYCPATS4LIFE

NYCPATS4LIFE In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1,793
    You must be really fun when watching a game. You bet i will root for tom next year. He was a byproduct of a lousy receiving core in 2019. I want him to show everyone including bill why he should have finished his career with the pats. That doesn’t make me less than a patriots fan. At the same time i am hoping stidham can show promise as the successor to the goat.

• Like Like x 2
  2. captain stone

captain stone Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10,431
    I agree...Weren't there other posters (not you) however who asked, after the 2016 or 2018 SB, Who needs voluntary OTAs now? to those who did in fact want Brady to participate more often in them?
    I just hope that they're not the same folks now bashing him for not doing so here but doing so there, with an entirely different (-1) supporting cast...

Last edited: May 20, 2020
  3. Doctor DDS

Doctor DDS Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1,769
    Bizarre to me that some Pats fans would not root for Brady against Brees and the Saints. I certainly care more about the Pats but Brady doing well for the Bucs has no adverse impact on Pats so why wouldn't I want him to do well?

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. NYCPATS4LIFE

NYCPATS4LIFE In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1,793
    I don’t think I remember dolts fan acting like this when manning was cut and let go.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Doctor DDS

Doctor DDS Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1,769
    I also rooted fro Larry Bird when he coached the Pacers. Did not really follow that team but when they came up against the Bulls in the Conference finals I certainly wanted them to win. I also root for players on my fantasy football team as long as it is not against the Pats. Assume most fans root hard for their team but also have the ability to care about other games and players. Otherwise it would seemingly mean you exclusively watch Pats games.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. TB_Helmet

TB_Helmet In the Starting Line-Up Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +9,091
    This plea may fall on deaf ears, but I really hope everyone can let other PatsFans members choose if they want to root for Brady or not without screaming every time whether they are a “Real Patriots Fan”.

He gave me what will undoubtedly be the best sports fan experience of my life. I want him to kick ass in Tampa Bay and do well unless we play him and then I wish him the worst. I want his legacy to continue to grow.

However I understand perfectly if other people are done with him as soon as he left. If he’s no longer a Patriot and you only root for Patriots, that’s great too. Why would you ever argue against that train of thought.

It’s a personal choice for everyone and it’s not always rational. So maybe we can go easy on people no matter what they do. It’s gonna get real old around here if every time someone mentions Brady, a four page argument starts up about your merits as a Patriots fan or how much you “owe” the GOAT.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. captain stone

captain stone Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10,431
    True...They're acting here as if it's Andrew Luck who's walking through our door...

8. TheRainMaker

TheRainMaker In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6,116
    It's bizarre because Brees is classless. The guy stops the game of play to celebrate any record and brings his family on the field for a photo op.

Then chokes in the playoffs.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • What?? What?? x 1
  9. carmelo15

carmelo15 Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1,316
    He’s been called a system QB for months now yes imagine that

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. TB_Helmet

TB_Helmet In the Starting Line-Up Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +9,091
    Brees is fine. Around here we like to make stuff up about him because we’re insecure about Brady’s GOAT status (also see: Aaron Rodgers). My guess is all those on field celebrations, which while annoying, were more the team suggesting them than Brees requesting them.

Brees has been an incredible member of the New Orleans community especially after Katrina. He gives back a lot. He’s never been in any trouble. He seems humble and loves the game. Calling him classless misses the mark, there are hundreds of other players you can say that about before you get to Drew Brees.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. carmelo15

Ratings:
    +1,316
    Ok that’s fine but to say dudes was a system QB and now calling him a bad person or whatever is utter bull ****. Embarrassing really

12. sb1

sb1 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +14,428
    Who called him a system QB or a bad person?

13. carmelo15

Ratings:
    +1,316
    Exactly, some clowns act like he wasn’t pushed out oh because BB doesn’t want him he should retire how ****ing stupid is that

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. carmelo15

Ratings:
    +1,316
    you

• Maybe Not... Maybe Not... x 1
  15. sb1

sb1 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +14,428
    Nope. Show me the post.

16. carmelo15

Ratings:
    +1,316
    I’ll not stand for Brady slander from pats fans or any other fans I’ll always speak up for the GOAT

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  17. rochrist

rochrist Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +8,515
    That's why I said net.

18. lancerman

lancerman In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3,422
    It’s so weird that fans act like it makes their dick bigger or something if they don’t do anything but unquestionably and dogmatically only support their favorite team every single second.

Brady will always be connected to this team and he will always inspire emotions amongst a large portion of the fanbase.

There’s no point in being miserable because some fans want to root for Brady. Every franchises wishes they could say “we had the greatest ever”

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. lancerman

Ratings:
    +3,422
    It’s business get over it. You really want to weigh the amount of effort Brady spent over 20 years trying to make this team better vs not attending some off season stuff the last two years (one of which the team won a SB)? That’s not an argument that’s going to look compelling.

Big deal Brady didn’t do some optional stuff. He made it clear for about 6-7 years now he wants to play until he’s 45, we weren’t commuting to him, so he didn’t commit back. Two way street

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. lancerman

Ratings:
    +3,422
    Okay but now the thing we are bashing Brady for he is doing in Tampa. Meanwhile our current QB is not doing that?

So in 20 years, twice Brady didn’t do this. In 2 years, Stidham already isn’t doing it this season.

Seems kinda frivolous to hold this over Brady’s head. Oh and Brady at least has an excuse.... he’s a new guy on a new team that’s going to need to learn a new offense. Whereas the last two years the core pieces of the war Corp were people Brady already was good with for some time.

• Like Like x 2