PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady: an honest take

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mt Rushmore is 4 athletes. So tell me guys who are the 4?
New England Patriots Mount Rushmore: players only

Gino Cappelletti

Houston Antwine

John Hannah

Tom Brady

Honorable mention: Haynes, Tippett, Law, Vinatieri, Morgan, Armstrong

The Boston Mt Rushmore surpasses that of any other city - by a wide margin
Patriots Quarterbacks Mount Rushmore:

Babe Parilli

Jim Plunkett

Steve Grogan

Tom Brady

Honorable mention: Doug Flutie (not his fault we didn't keep him here for his prime), Drew Bledsoe (not his fault he wasn't very good; he did throw for a lot of yards), Tony Eason (not his fault he kept being started over better QB's)

The last 4 years...

Last edited:
Patriots Quarterbacks Mount Rushmore:

Babe Parilli

Jim Plunkett

Steve Grogan

Tom Brady

Honorable mention: Doug Flutie (not his fault we didn't keep him here for his prime), Drew Bledsoe (not his fault he wasn't very good; he did throw for a lot of yards), Tony Eason (not his fault he kept being started over better QB's)

Any list that does not include Scott Secules cannot be taken seriously.

1. 24 agrees and 23 dislikes

2. Pats Mt Rushmore of QBs should only have 1 name. I don't believe in rewarding futility

Any list that does not include Scott Secules cannot be taken seriously.
Sorry
scott-secules-of-the-new-england-patriots-in-action-against-the-an-picture-id640437252

Gino Cappelletti

Houston Antwine

John Hannah

Tom Brady

I know you have a thing for Houston Antwine - but Tippett's ahead of Antwine, and it's really not close. Probably Vinatieri too.

Gino Cappelletti

Houston Antwine

John Hannah

Tom Brady

Houston Antwine dosent belong anywhere near this list. Get your head out of your ass.

The last 4 years...

Is that suppose to make it look like Brady was declining?

Because Brady's stats at age 40 and 41 are basically the same as his stats at 38 and 37.

Even his age 42 stats are incredibly similar to his age 36 stats.

Because Brady's stats at age 40 and 41 are basically the same as his stats at 38 and 37.

No I think you're right, Alex Guerrero has found the fountain of youth along with the cures for concussions and cancer. I think it's the magic pajamas...

Tom will play until he's 50 with no ill effects of age whatsoever... sounds legit.

The last 4 years...

That 88 includes a rating of 78 over his last 9 games as a Patriot when they started playing good teams instead of trash.

I expect he will be a lot better than that this year in Tampa but there is nothing that can happen to make me think the Patriots made a huge mistake letting that kind of production go elsewhere or that his departure turned what would have been a SB champ into a team contending for the top spot in the draft.

That 88 includes a rating of 78 over his last 9 games as a Patriot when they started playing good teams instead of trash.

I expect he will be a lot better than that this year in Tampa but there is nothing that can happen to make me think the Patriots made a huge mistake letting that kind of production go elsewhere.
Over the last third of the season anyway they had the best and healthiest offensive line and TE group they had all year. The offense was running the ball well even against tougher teams. The passing attack only got worse, in fact the entirety of the passing attack was screens and check downs to White and Burkhead or short passes to Ben Watson.

Brady didn't want back in New England, and the Patriots were correct to let him go.

Tom has his best chance to win another ring in Tampa with maybe the best collection of receiving weapons in pro football history. If you're a true fan of his, you should be happy for him.

The Patriots can square their finances by paying Stidham 600K while they load up on talent around him. Even if they take a small step back this season while young players learn and playing a brutal schedule, it was still the best longterm move they could make for the franchise.

It's a big picture idea that fans will have a hard time accepting or comprehending.

Last edited:

It actually shows that the differences from 2016-2018 are minute and basically statistically insignificant, but at 42 he declined quite a bit.

It actually shows that the differences from 2016-2018 are minute and basically statistically insignificant, but at 42 he declined quite a bit.
Agreed, and what I think what a lot of fans aren't taking into account is mental fatigue. Tom wanted an easier path toward points, he wanted super weapons that he watched good quarterbacks on lesser teams play with for the last two decades. And quite frankly at his age and for what he accomplished for this franchise, I think he deserves the right to go out on his own terms.

It always left a nasty taste in my mouth how Detroit held Barry Sanders and Calvin Johnson hostage at the end of their careers, denying them an opportunity to win a ring elsewhere and basically pushing them into retirement.

Most recent 4 year stretch is very comparable to 2010 - 2013 when his QB rating went from 111, 106, 99 to 87 (33 - 36 years old) He then followed it with an incredible stretch. Like all players, Brady is more effective when he has better teammates. He has clearly been more banged up last couple of years than previously and maybe that is age related (though younger players like Rogers have missed time so who knows) My guess is that he is very capable of putting together a terrific year and that the team is worse in the short term because of losing him. Am fine with the Pats moving on due to finances and to try and set themselves up for the future but I do believe it hurts them in 2020.

Most recent 4 year stretch is very comparable to 2010 - 2013 when his QB rating went from 111, 106, 99 to 87 (33 - 36 years old) He then followed it with an incredible stretch. Like all players, Brady is more effective when he has better teammates. He has clearly been more banged up last couple of years than previously and maybe that is age related (though younger players like Rogers have missed time so who knows) My guess is that he is very capable of putting together a terrific year and that the team is worse in the short term because of losing him. Am fine with the Pats moving on due to finances and to try and set themselves up for the future but I do believe it hurts them in 2020.

78 passer rating in his last 9 games. Doesn’t seem like a lot of room there to get worse in the passing game.

Houston Antwine dosent belong anywhere near this list. Get your head out of your ass.
I know you have a thing for Houston Antwine - but Tippett's ahead of Antwine, and it's really not close. Probably Vinatieri too.
Not his fault, but if Adam stays here for his career, he might be ahead of Gino.

'Twine is better than Tip, but only by a tip.

...Sorry. Okay, sorry about that...:thumbsup:

78 passer rating in his last 9 games. Doesn’t seem like a lot of room there to get worse in the passing game.

Did Brady hook up with your wife or GF you’re endless and baseless hate is relentless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Back