PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady: an honest take

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did you explain 2013's decline. Sounds very similar. Oh wait, could it be he had only slot receiver Edelman as top option after Gronk got hurt (2019 - retired) and Edelman racked up 1000 yards while being double teamed and his best options for other receivers were rookies high draft pick Aaron Dobson (2019 - Harry) and UDFA gem / later JAG Kenbrell Thompkins (2019 - Meyers) and JAG TE Hoomanawanui (2019 - LaCosse) and Brady struggled to do anything with this motley crew of misfits all year. Oh wait, that's just like 2019. Turns out there was nothing wrong with Brady. When the crew got improved over coming years (LaFell, Cooks, Gronk returning, Bennett, even Hogan etc) Brady's performance dramatically improved. Sad that at this stage I even miss Hogan compared to the junk we have, let alone Amendola.

Bend Over Bob has screwed our season. That's a fact. I will never forgive him. We should never have released AB.

It is amazing that people think AB, who has been an unmitigated disaster everywhere he's been, would have been the difference in Brady's 2019 campaign. That aside, the fact that he is 42 working on 43 now and has been in technical decline now for 4 straight years indicates this might be a little different than the small sample size of 2013 when he was 36.

I swear one loss where one team comes and plays their hearts out, literally pulls out everything from the back of their play book in their regular season super bowl and beats us in the last minute in a classic trap game. Get over it. they are going home, while we are still going to the freakin' playoffs, and people here are acting like we just went 1-16 . were any of you fans in the 1970s or 80s do you know how amazing it is to just make the playoffs and win your division? How bad is your amnesia about the lean decades? Did you scream at your parents when you didn't like your birthday present? JHChrist.

Book your flight to KC now. The Titans will lose next week. We will put up a good fight against KC in two weeks. This is not over. We are talking about Belichick and Tom MotherFreaking Brady here. They will not sleep this week. They are already studying film on the Titans. The Titans are coming to our house.

And fans at the game better do a better job than you did today. I blame you 100%. :)

Stop whining. Nobody is entitled to a bye week. Quit being a bunch of entitled little babies and support your Fing team.

Jimmy G is playing like the best QB in the league tonight on the road, in a playoff implications game against a divisional rival. 118 QB rating and climbing.

He won 1 SB post-trade. The trade was in October 2017. NE lost the SB that season and then won it in the 2018 season.

As for NFL MVP awards, I could care less about them because getting one doesn’t help the team win.

And the trade is the wrong comparison anyways because by the time we got to 2017 JG was guaranteed to be traded or let walk in free agency because of Brady’s extension to 2019. The proper comparison is Brady playing out 2017 (and so NE going to and losing SB52) and then moving to JG in 2018.

Like I said, the actual tradeoff is SB53, this year, and maybe next year vs. wherever JG would have taken the team last year plus the rest of his career. People can have a good argument about which side of that they’ll take, but those are the sides.

Do people realize how hard it is to win a SB? Most franchises would kill for just 1. I know what it was like as a Pats fan just dreaming we could win one. It was a no brainer for the Pats to keep Brady. We had a SB caliber roster and he’s the best ever and gave us the best chance to get there and win. We don’t have that 6th SB without Brady.

Ok, I’ll give you this year as far as injury, but how do you explain 2018’s decline ?
They rode an elite running game for most of the year. When they had to pass it, they got the job done when it mattered most. The WR group was still pretty weak too.

I dong want to make a judgement yet, I’d like to know if he’s actually hurt or not and if so to what severity?

Brady has given us 6 SB's and countless more amazing moments in the regular season and playoffs. People who are so quick to crucify him are not true fans and have never been. Some of you are unbelievable spoilt, do you have any idea how difficult it is to win on a regular basis and go to even a couple of SB, never mind 9 of them !!!!!!!! Tom is my QB till he says he isn't anymore. If he comes back , retires or goes somewhere else he will always be appreciated by this fan ! When we no longer have him is when I will then root for whomever is his replacement, till then he and the team needs all our support.

Stidham ceiling is Jimmy G
We had Jimmy G drunk ass Kraft should of never stepped in

Ryan Tannehill has been ten times the QB as Brady last 8 games...an honest take

If only the Patriots had some experience against Tanehill

Dear lord the GDT has infected the board. Take a nap come back when your faculties have returned. Or maybe you are joking and I have lost my perspective. If so, kudos you got me.

Who is walking through that door to replace Brady? Brady at his worst is still a very serviceable QB and with his game smarts is quite capable of winning the AFC East. 25 mill on him for the next year is still well spent if it means another AFC East title. Who knows what happens after that in the playoffs. Or for that matter in this years playoffs (although my expectations this year are very low - offense has not been able to find a rhythm at all)

Who is walking through that door to replace Brady? Brady at his worst is still a very serviceable QB and with his game smarts is quite capable of winning the AFC East. 25 mill on him for the next year is still well spent if it means another AFC East title. Who knows what happens after that in the playoffs. Or for that matter in this years playoffs (although my expectations this year are very low - offense has not been able to find a rhythm at all)
No to 25 Mill for Brady play Jarret and spend the money to keep the defense in tact and bring in better players on offense.

I agree with the OP - Father Time waits for NO ONE and Brady is NO Exception...its sad for me to say this but at 43 Brady is no longer the stud that carries a whole team on his back and he just doesn't have what he used to and anyone with half a brain realizes its a combination of his age and extreme poor planning on getting talent at his disposal

Its definitely time to look for a replacement or resign him but ONLY if they get receivers with actual talent to separate from their defender other than JE - I am not convinced Stidham is ready for the climb up the ladder ..yet

With the completion of today's game, Tom's QBR this season will rest right around 88. In each of the last four seasons, starting with the suspension shortened season of 2016, Tom's QBR has declined. Tom's career average QBR is 97. He barely hit that last season and fell well below this season. Tom Brady will be 43 years old at the start of next season. If I'm BB, he doesn't get re-signed. I try to talk him into retiring as a Pat. He is playing well below Tom Brady averages now. He is no longer worth the investment. You can blame the offense all you want, but the steady 4-year decline is undebatable. It's not just QBR.. it's pretty much every stat that matters. They're all at 4 year lows this year. It's time to move on.
Out of curiosity, would you have started this thread if the defense had held on the final Miami drive?

The biggest issue here, and i think this has been mentioned before on talk radio, is that if you’re Brady, you DEFINITELY dont want to retire because of an elbow injury.

His entire TB12 method is built around pliability, and if the owner of said business has to retire because of a muscle related injury, thats a reeeeally bad look for your business

So if his interest is running TB12 after his retirement, he cant begin that retirement with an injury that should be prevented by said business in the first place. Tom isnt gonna wanna go out on that note, so he either needs to take a pay cut to keep playing, or figure out another excuse for why his play declined before walking away from the game permanently...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes