SOURCE:USA TODAY

SOURCE:ProFootballTalk.com

SOURCE:CBS Boston

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: N/A

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Tom Brady: an honest take

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Antdawg, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Antdawg

Antdawg Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +610
    It is amazing that people think AB, who has been an unmitigated disaster everywhere he's been, would have been the difference in Brady's 2019 campaign. That aside, the fact that he is 42 working on 43 now and has been in technical decline now for 4 straight years indicates this might be a little different than the small sample size of 2013 when he was 36.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. neuronet

neuronet Homer Little PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +6,489
    I swear one loss where one team comes and plays their hearts out, literally pulls out everything from the back of their play book in their regular season super bowl and beats us in the last minute in a classic trap game. Get over it. they are going home, while we are still going to the freakin' playoffs, and people here are acting like we just went 1-16 . were any of you fans in the 1970s or 80s do you know how amazing it is to just make the playoffs and win your division? How bad is your amnesia about the lean decades? Did you scream at your parents when you didn't like your birthday present? JHChrist.

Book your flight to KC now. The Titans will lose next week. We will put up a good fight against KC in two weeks. This is not over. We are talking about Belichick and Tom MotherFreaking Brady here. They will not sleep this week. They are already studying film on the Titans. The Titans are coming to our house.

And fans at the game better do a better job than you did today. I blame you 100%. :)

Stop whining. Nobody is entitled to a bye week. Quit being a bunch of entitled little babies and support your Fing team.

• Like x 6
    • Agree x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Thank You x 1
    • Love x 1
  3. Antdawg

Antdawg Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +610
    Jimmy G is playing like the best QB in the league tonight on the road, in a playoff implications game against a divisional rival. 118 QB rating and climbing.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Boomer B

Boomer B Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +2,872
    Do people realize how hard it is to win a SB? Most franchises would kill for just 1. I know what it was like as a Pats fan just dreaming we could win one. It was a no brainer for the Pats to keep Brady. We had a SB caliber roster and he’s the best ever and gave us the best chance to get there and win. We don’t have that 6th SB without Brady.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
  5. TBR

TBR Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13,620
    They rode an elite running game for most of the year. When they had to pass it, they got the job done when it mattered most. The WR group was still pretty weak too.

6. NuckyDuck

NuckyDuck Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +71
  7. slash83

slash83 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +3,505
    I dong want to make a judgement yet, I’d like to know if he’s actually hurt or not and if so to what severity?

8. TheAdultintheRoom

TheAdultintheRoom Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +823
    Okay. At what age are you expecting some drop off?

9. Foxypats

Foxypats Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +5,198
    Brady has given us 6 SB's and countless more amazing moments in the regular season and playoffs. People who are so quick to crucify him are not true fans and have never been. Some of you are unbelievable spoilt, do you have any idea how difficult it is to win on a regular basis and go to even a couple of SB, never mind 9 of them !!!!!!!! Tom is my QB till he says he isn't anymore. If he comes back , retires or goes somewhere else he will always be appreciated by this fan ! When we no longer have him is when I will then root for whomever is his replacement, till then he and the team needs all our support.

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. slash83

slash83 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +3,505
    He’s in decline right now.

11. ChrisR2223

ChrisR2223 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +12,220
    I was for keeping Jimmy G San Fran robbed us

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. ChrisR2223

Ratings:
    +12,220
    Stidham ceiling is Jimmy G
    We had Jimmy G drunk ass Kraft should of never stepped in

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  13. FCB02062

FCB02062 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +5,802
    Ryan Tannehill has been ten times the QB as Brady last 8 games...an honest take

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Dr Pain

Dr Pain In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5,858
    If only the Patriots had some experience against Tanehill

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. neuronet

neuronet Homer Little PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +6,489
    Dear lord the GDT has infected the board. Take a nap come back when your faculties have returned. Or maybe you are joking and I have lost my perspective. If so, kudos you got me.

16. IndianPat

IndianPat Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +488
    Who is walking through that door to replace Brady? Brady at his worst is still a very serviceable QB and with his game smarts is quite capable of winning the AFC East. 25 mill on him for the next year is still well spent if it means another AFC East title. Who knows what happens after that in the playoffs. Or for that matter in this years playoffs (although my expectations this year are very low - offense has not been able to find a rhythm at all)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. ChrisR2223

Ratings:
    +12,220
    No to 25 Mill for Brady play Jarret and spend the money to keep the defense in tact and bring in better players on offense.

18. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Pro Bowl Player Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +793
    I agree with the OP - Father Time waits for NO ONE and Brady is NO Exception...its sad for me to say this but at 43 Brady is no longer the stud that carries a whole team on his back and he just doesn't have what he used to and anyone with half a brain realizes its a combination of his age and extreme poor planning on getting talent at his disposal

Its definitely time to look for a replacement or resign him but ONLY if they get receivers with actual talent to separate from their defender other than JE - I am not convinced Stidham is ready for the climb up the ladder ..yet

19. Arialgg

Arialgg PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,484
    Out of curiosity, would you have started this thread if the defense had held on the final Miami drive?

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Bartmac36

Bartmac36 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +278
    The biggest issue here, and i think this has been mentioned before on talk radio, is that if you’re Brady, you DEFINITELY dont want to retire because of an elbow injury.

His entire TB12 method is built around pliability, and if the owner of said business has to retire because of a muscle related injury, thats a reeeeally bad look for your business

So if his interest is running TB12 after his retirement, he cant begin that retirement with an injury that should be prevented by said business in the first place. Tom isnt gonna wanna go out on that note, so he either needs to take a pay cut to keep playing, or figure out another excuse for why his play declined before walking away from the game permanently...

• Useful Useful x 2