PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TNF: Jets, Bills or the Meteor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Esiason and Carton talking like Jets are Super Bowl-bound. It's hilarious.
Their secondary looked pretty bad I thought.
Offensively they looked pretty good. They are going to be a tough team to play.

Esiason and Carton talking like Jets are Super Bowl-bound. It's hilarious.

First, it was a Thursday night game. We have seen enough of these games to know usually one team looks like absolute crap and the other team looks like the best team in the league (remember in 2014 when the Falcons beat Bucs 56-14 in week2, everyone were talking about them as strong Super Bowl contenders?). You cannot judge either team based solely on last night.

Second, even though their offense was on fire, for some reason I wasn't impressed. Once Jerry Hughs got injured, the Bills' pass rush was non-existent and the Bills' secondary did a horrible job in coverage leaving receivers wide open.

First, it was a Thursday night game. We have seen enough of these games to know usually one team looks like absolute crap and the other team looks like the best team in the league (remember in 2014 when the Falcons beat Bucs 56-14 in week2, everyone were talking about them as strong Super Bowl contenders?). You cannot judge either team based solely on last night.

Second, even though their offense was on fire, for some reason I wasn't impressed. Once Jerry Hughs got injured, the Bills' pass rush was non-existent and the Bills' secondary did a horrible job in coverage leaving receivers wide open.
Did I somehow mistakenly give you the impression that I agree with them?

Their secondary looked pretty bad I thought.
Offensively they looked pretty good. They are going to be a tough team to play.
Agreed, but they're not a SB contender.

judas priest, do the Bills suck or what?

as for the Jets, I'm not impressed......a sucky team put up 31 on them.......the funniest quote of the day was Simm talking up the Bills secondary .... "one of the best in the NFL' LOL

Yeah, I've never really understood this approach, especially when he has seen the completely opposite stance work well via Belichick.

I'm guessing he lucked out when he had those AFCCG appearances, and he thinks that style is what helped them. Who knows?

I think he might simply be genuine. He does it because that's who he is, it's the only way he knows how to be -- whether it's successful or not.

Unfortunately for Rex, "do your job" is much more effective, reliable and sustainable than "swagger." It keeps you moving forward and improving, and better prepared to handle bumps in the road.

Last nite was the first time in his career that Forte ran the ball 30 times.....he's averaging 30 touches a game so far........at 31, I don't think he will make it through the season

Did I somehow mistakenly give you the impression that I agree with them?

I was commenting on their ridiculousness. I wasn't implying you believed them or not. I assumed you thought they were being ridiculous.

The Jets were head-and-shoulders better than Buffalo last night - with the sole exception of their secondary, which truly is awful.

Their offense is full of weapons - Marshall, Decker, Forte, and Enunwa has emerged. Fitz is a decent QB (can't believe Denver didn't go get him - whew!). Their offensive line is good, the DL one of the best in the league. Harris is a very good LB, too, and the new kid, Lee, flashes.

Barring injury, they are a playoff team, and one that could go deep.

You always say "Barring injury" but for the jets, it's doubly important. They are built with front-liners, period. If Marshall goes down, their passing attack is reduced to mediocrity, because Decker is not a #1. And injuries to their DL exposes a very weak secondary.

As for Buffalo, I don't even know what to say. You give Fitz 4, 5 seconds unopposed back there and his giant WRs will kill you. What a pathetic defensive performance from a team that's supposed to be built by two defensive geniuses whose Dad was the premier defensive genius of his day. Rushing 3 against that team? Wow.

I find him amusing, the way he goes out of his way to Ramsplain everything. LOL

Too bad the Silence of that Ram only happened on the field. What a crybaby.

So which is rarer a good NFL* head coach or a franchise QB?

Looks like the HC is rarer.

There are plenty of good coaches and very few franchise QBs. I think a more equal comparison would be good coaches to good QBs.

Sure, that's how it should go,in the sense that we will be heavy favorites in each game, but that's the case every year and we haven't run the table in the division since 2007.

Statistically, if you have an 80% chance of winning each of the six games, you have a 26% chance of winning all six. It's hard to go 6-0 in any set of games, even against bad competition. That's why it's so impressive that the Pats win three quarters of their games pretty much every year.

They look almost as good in the playoffs against the top teams.

The latest Pats run has been remarkable. In just the last 13 years (after the Pats original run) the Pats have had;
16 wins 1 time,
14 wins 3 times,
13 wins 1 time,
12 wins 5 times,
11 wins 1 time,
1o wins 2 times.

It's difficult to come up with a word other than remarkable that describes the Pats. Incredible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes