SOURCE:NBC Sports Boston

SOURCE:NESN

SOURCE:Yahoo! Sports

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: N/A

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Titans @ Ravens thread

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Redman443, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Vindicate

Vindicate Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1,083
    Aye, Gronkowski once fukcin' dropped an elbow on a player, and dangerously close to his neck. Did that define him as a punk?

You can easily poke a hole in my rebuttal should you just say "Well, yes - I always thought Gronk was a punk."

but I think you understand from where I'm coming! :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ice_Ice_Brady PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29,365
    I’ll chat Lamar with you in a few weeks or whenever. Honestly I don’t like the racist undertones in this thread and don’t want to be a part of it (if they are in fact here and this isn’t a diversion.). I would be saying the same things about a white QB who I think has accuracy issues, but I think this this is all starting to blend together. I thought last postseason he was figured out to the point he would hit a brick wall this season. I was obviously wrong about that. I still think he lacks the tools that a long term successful QB has, but I guess we’ll see.

I will tell you I @‘d you earlier not to rub it in but to say, “okay, now is the time” to watch because he was down 14-0 and was going to have to rely on his passing skills, and this is where I’m skeptical. And I feel like that is exactly the point I’ve been trying to make about him. Not that he will occasionally struggle like all quarterbacks, but specifically he will lack the accuracy to bring the team back. Mahomes, Watson, and others, I don’t feel like that’s a problem with them.

Speaking of Watson, that he doesn’t receive much skepticism might help to resolve that many criticizing Jackson are not racist. Watson has NFL passing skills and NFL accuracy, even though he is incredibly athletic and can run, too.

3. Lavictoire

Lavictoire Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +961
    Bedard was right. He said weeks ago if Titans get in they could take out the Ravens. Of course, we assumed we'd be the #2 seed. Vrabel has that team playing great. He even learned to throw in a little BB trickery for the playoffs. They won handily but it didn't seem over until the end.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Chevrolet

Chevrolet On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +702
    Vrabel has learned how to close a game out. Let the other team run up and down the field accumulate meaningless total yards and burn clock.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Patstastic

Patstastic 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +2,137
    Nope. The lasting memory will be Cam not falling on that loose ball. Football is a cruel sport sometimes. A year of greatness down the drain because of one failed night. In the end, the Baltimore Ravens did no better than the Bengals this year.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Joker

Joker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +34,558
    so..Rae Carruth...not a punk early on in his career? Aaron Hernandez? Tyreek Hill? Kelce? I'm not emotionally invested in the career arc of Lamar Jackson. What he did tonight was punk off in the biggest game of his NFL career. Call it whatever you want, that incident on the sideline clearly gave a boost to Ten. and left Lamar rattled. You pack of little Nancys are bleating like Lamar is the greatest player that's ever existed...he isn't even HALF a 2013 Cam Newton.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. TB_Helmet

TB_Helmet In the Starting Line-Up Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +8,633
    Man that game made me so mad, gave Peyton another win. Cam and the Panthers failed us.

8. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +55,330
    Political correctness has run amuck.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Dingleberry

Dingleberry Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +2,341
    Lamar looked so sad postgame. I just wanted to give him a thug....er hug. A hug, I meant to say!

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Patstastic

Ratings:
    +2,137
    That Carolina team had one terrible game all year. Unfortunately, that game just happened to be the Super Bowl. Similar to the 07 Pats. The coaching staff (BB & McD) only had one terrible day at the office all year. But it happened to be at the worst possible time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Lavictoire

Ratings:
    +961
    If we just just could have revived that power running game this season we would still be in it even with the weak passing game.

12. Lavictoire

Ratings:
    +961
  13. goheels22002

goheels22002 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +7,881
    We'll get back to you when Lamar Jackson wins a playoff game.

• Thank You Thank You x 1
  14. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +35,803
    Fascinating how much things change when the pressure is on come playoff time, eh? Regular season performance/success doesn't always translate with so much at stake and the opponent comes in extra prepared and focused. The Patriots are poster boys for demonstrating how preparation, intelligence and poise can compensate for shortcomings in physicality and skill on the big stage.

• Like Like x 3
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
  15. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ratings:
    +29,365
    As I understand it, Von Miller has absolutely owned Cam Newton since their college days. They went 1-2 in the draft too. I just knew Denver would win that game, even though they were underdogs by 5-6 points. Gut feeling.

16. Patstastic

Ratings:
    +2,137
    That point spread was just crazy high for Carolina. Pundits get too caught up in sexy offensive powerhouses. But in the end, it's a good running game and defense that usually wins.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. SVN

SVN PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club

Ratings:
    +15,658

• Like Like x 3
  18. Chevrolet

Chevrolet On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +702
    "punk' is in the eye of the beholder" We all hate the ravens with intensity...so if their QB acts out a bit and losses his temper we call him a punk.

But you know Gronk and Brady and Seymour have occasionally acted the fool. Lots of "fans" from other teams call them punks and worse.

I get it you are talking about them from a football sense. But labelling him a punk because of one sideline misdemeanor...seems over the top.Revisit when he has been an a-hole over several years, multiple press conferences, got into fights etc.

examples TO, Prime Time, Narcissistic Ray L, John the ego Gruden, Aaron Hernandez. These guys have really earned their "punk labels" but give LJ a break...its been once in a super tough loss that he thought they were a shoe in.

So, no, its not PC. Just saying raise the bar a bit before you label every one a punk for one loss of temper in a highly emotional game.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Joker

Joker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +34,558
    Just STFU you moron..he punked off on the sideline penalty...end of story. Go cry in your Lamar blankie you incessant fanboy

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ratings:
    +29,365
    This is something you will never read when hearing about how a team shutdown Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Mahomes, Marino, Montana, or really any all-time great QB. They beat him by making him pass the ball to receivers, none of whom could have a lot of coverage help due to all the men needed to take away the run.