PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Titans @ Ravens thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Carolina team had one terrible game all year. Unfortunately, that game just happened to be the Super Bowl. Similar to the 07 Pats. The coaching staff (BB & McD) only had one terrible day at the office all year. But it happened to be at the worst possible time.

As I understand it, Von Miller has absolutely owned Cam Newton since their college days. They went 1-2 in the draft too. I just knew Denver would win that game, even though they were underdogs by 5-6 points. Gut feeling.

As I understand it, Von Miller has absolutely owned Cam Newton since their college days. They went 1-2 in the draft too. I just knew Denver would win that game, even though they were underdogs by 5-6 points. Gut feeling.

That point spread was just crazy high for Carolina. Pundits get too caught up in sexy offensive powerhouses. But in the end, it's a good running game and defense that usually wins.

Political correctness has run amuck.
"punk' is in the eye of the beholder" We all hate the ravens with intensity...so if their QB acts out a bit and losses his temper we call him a punk.

But you know Gronk and Brady and Seymour have occasionally acted the fool. Lots of "fans" from other teams call them punks and worse.

I get it you are talking about them from a football sense. But labelling him a punk because of one sideline misdemeanor...seems over the top.Revisit when he has been an a-hole over several years, multiple press conferences, got into fights etc.

examples TO, Prime Time, Narcissistic Ray L, John the ego Gruden, Aaron Hernandez. These guys have really earned their "punk labels" but give LJ a break...its been once in a super tough loss that he thought they were a shoe in.

So, no, its not PC. Just saying raise the bar a bit before you label every one a punk for one loss of temper in a highly emotional game.

Just STFU you moron..he punked off on the sideline penalty...end of story. Go cry in your Lamar blankie you incessant fanboy

This is something you will never read when hearing about how a team shutdown Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Mahomes, Marino, Montana, or really any all-time great QB. They beat him by making him pass the ball to receivers, none of whom could have a lot of coverage help due to all the men needed to take away the run.

I am really happy that the Titans beat the ravens, however I am hoping the SB is won by the 49ers. I still remember Dion's remarks last year and after they beat us last week, Vrabel and some players mocked the Patriots. I don't feel like rooting for them anymore. If it isn't the Niners than I wouldn't mind Houston winning it all. !

I see KC getting to the SB. I think they would destroy GB or Seattle. But San Francisco would be a terrible matchup for them. 49ers are the one team that could really get to Mahomes imo. And I think their defense matches up terribly against that 49ers offense. But alot to play for before SB 54.
I don't know. I don't see KC being able to even slow Henry down if it comes to that.

The issue has always been about what happens when you force him to be a QB instead of a RB who throws. What the Ravens did this year was avoid putting him in to that situation for most of the season. That didn't happen today, and he couldn't get it done.

If you don't want to draw anything from that, that's your choice. If others want to note that the pattern continues from last year, that's their choice. History will eventually give us our answer.
He's a QB who passes. To say otherwise is foolish.

Is Tanny a pocket passer? What abt Mahomes? Jimmy G? Rodgers?

Phillip Rivers is a pocket passer and he's sitting at home? So is Drew Brees.

Lamar isn't perfect and definitely has room for improvement but he there's no reason to think he won't/can't improve.

How you'd think he'd do coming out? Did you think he could be the best in his class?

Far to say he's surpassed everyone's expectations on this board. So when everyone acts like the sky is falling over a bad game against the hottest team in the league.
Let's not pretend like his defense didn't play scared. His WRs didn't drop balls & targets weren't banged up.

It's his 2nd year. They could absolutely build on what they have.

34 carries. 30 carries. Over a season this pace would kill a guy, but Vrabel knows he just needs to push Henry like this for 4 games. Awesome weapon to have.

Regards,
Chris

He's a QB who passes. To say otherwise is foolish.

Is Tanny a pocket passer? What abt Mahomes? Jimmy G? Rodgers?

Phillip Rivers is a pocket passer and he's sitting at home? So is Drew Brees.

Lamar isn't perfect and definitely has room for improvement but he there's no reason to think he won't/can't improve.

How you'd think he'd do coming out? Did you think he could be the best in his class?

Far to say he's surpassed everyone's expectations on this board. So when everyone acts like the sky is falling over a bad game against the hottest team in the league.
Let's not pretend like his defense didn't play scared. His WRs didn't drop balls & targets weren't banged up.

It's his 2nd year. They could absolutely build on what they have.

Lamar is sitting at home too. It might hurt your love of your binkie, but the fact remains, in the two biggest games of his careeer, he shat the bed.

I have NOT been a Jackson hater. In fact I've been in awe.

That said, my knock of him was the same knock I have for all super-agile, fast, great running quarterbacks. At some point, almost all of them get hurt. The injuries add up and they are never the same.
He took a few shots this year. He's also the most dynamic young QB we've ever seen. He's ability to avoid that kill shot is uncanny. And w/e evidence, studies I've read has stated there's almost no difference between a "pocket passer" & "running QB" getting hurt. Eventually everyone gets banged up.

They have a lot to build on & be happy abt going forward. I'd go all in Jackson. Get him another big body to throw to and target Laviska Shenault, ETN/Akers in the draft. Viska, Jackson & one of those two could do serious damage.

Another factor people are looking past and again being short sighted. You can actually reinvent with Jackson. The Guy actually gives you the option to be extremely versatile.
So while everyone assumes that "scheme" is figured out they have the ability to change and evolve with different talent.

He took a few shots this year. He's also the most dynamic young QB we've ever seen. He's ability to avoid that kill shot is uncanny. And w/e evidence, studies I've read has stated there's almost no difference between a "pocket passer" & "running QB" getting hurt. Eventually everyone gets banged up.

They have a lot to build on & be happy abt going forward. I'd go all in Jackson. Get him another big body to throw to and target Laviska Shenault, ETN/Akers in the draft. Viska, Jackson & one of those two could do serious damage.

Another factor people are looking past and again being short sighted. You can actually reinvent with Jackson. The Guy actually gives you the option to be extremely versatile.
So while everyone assumes that "scheme" is figured out they have the ability to change and evolve with different talent.

Uh-huh. You conveniently ignore that when he's forced to be a passer, he's just not all that good.

The best scrambling QBs always had another special quality as a pocket passer to win in a Super Bowl. And that quality was usually accuracy. SEE: Elway and Young.

For the large part, guys like Jackson are exciting and can absolutely make you a dangerous opponent for a good 3-5 years. Even the great Steve Young couldn't last long as a full-time starter. So it's not impossible to succeed as a scrambler, it's just that your window is damn tight.

Both running and pocket passers get hurt but it causes more problems for the running QB. Brady's been banged up over the years and can still perform at a high level.

The best scrambling QBs always had another special quality as a pocket passer to win in a Super Bowl. And that quality was usually accuracy. SEE: Elway and Young.

For the large part, guys like Jackson are exciting and can absolutely make you a dangerous opponent for a good 3-5 years. Even the great Steve Young couldn't last long as a full-time starter. So it's not impossible to succeed as a scrambler, it's just that your window is damn tight.

Special quality = Jerry Rice and Terrell Davis....

What most people are saying (and yes I understand you think no one but you understands football :oops:) is that when you have the greatest running game in history and allow the qb to throw under ideal conditions against a defense primarily concerned with the run, Jackson can be effective throwing. But when he needs to throw the ball and the defense knows it he has but proven capable of doing that. Doesn’t mean he can’t but those are concerns he came into the league with and hasn’t answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes