PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Titans "More Aggressive" than Patriots For Hopkins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention the PED suspension aspect.
I don’t feel 100 percent certain he doesn’t fail another test,

I have a theory when Athletes are using illegal substances they go public with a change to their diet.

Hopkins is a proud Vegan even partners up with a Vegan company perfect way to keep people off the trail.

Anyone remembers Barry Bonds thanking Kale for his success at a senior age?
I remember the commentators like his swing has become even faster and his hitting with more power and velocity Barry has been substituting Kale in his diet as opposed to chips and pretzels.

Just saying if he’s a Pat he’s getting suspended.

He would have signed a contract by now with the Patriots if all those boxes were checked for him. He's obviously holding out for what he would consider to be a better opportunity. And/or he's deciding if he wants to ring chase for one season with a definite contender like the Chiefs or Bills. Or too the Chiefs may be creating space to sign him to a legitimate contract, which would be a nightmare for the rest of the NFL.
That's just not true. Why would he do that? There's a good possibility that his market will heat up and the Pats would come up a bit on their offer. It's all noise until training camp. No one's losing anything by waiting.

As for KC, they jettisoned Tyreek because he was too expensive and they still won a SuperBowl. They're going to do a 180 now (with a trio of pretty good young WRs in Toney, Valdez-Scantling, and Skyy Moore?

Maybe, but I don't believe it.

He’s waiting to try TN’s clam chowder before he decides

If Boston clam chowder has bacon in it, Tennessee clam chowder probably has a rack of spare ribs.

My advice to Hopkins is sign with Kansas City, Buffalo, or Baltimore. He makes any of those three teams a Super Bowl favorite.

I'm sure he appreciates your advice and will take it into consideration....

Hopkins wins with route running, elite body control plus hands, and all-round savvy, rather than speed. Those are all traits that decay a lot slower than do the burners. So I agree with you, although Lombardi seems to be generally clued-in on how the Patriots view guys.

Larry Fitzgerald played until like 37 or 38 with those traits, granted he was a bit more of a burner but not so much later in his career when he played more slot

Hopkins is still elite and will be for another 2-3 years.. he would immediately improve this offense tremendously, and help out every other WR on the team by knocking them down 1 spot on the depth chart to their more appropriate spot. Hopkins will eat up the defenses top defender, will still produce regardless, and open up everyone else to make plays

This is a no brainer signing... will be hugely disappointed if he's not on the Pats roster, and will be absolutely disgusted if KC or Buffalo signs him

"Belichick is known to bargain with players on their contracts in such a way that he’ll make an offer, allow them to test their worth on the open market, and then arrange for them to come back to the Patriots to get their “best and final”. Dont'a Hightower, Devin McCourty, and Julian Edelman are just a few to have done this with Bill during their time in New England."

yeah, thats not the same. those 3 used as an example for Belichicks "bargaining" style were all players drafted by the Patriots and whom had grown accustomed to what we had here and wanted to stay hence the "go see what the market says" and let us know.

now, im sure any contract negotiation/agent will take their best offer and shop it around, but i wouldn't call that a good example of Bill's negotiating prowess
While it is true that DeAndre Hopkins was NOT drafted or developed in New England, his respect for Coach Bellichek has been established.
Likewise the coach also respects Hopkins.

The market will determine his worth... it always does.

If it comes down to New England and Tennessee, the Patriots will want to hear the final offer and match it or walk away.

If the two bids are similar, he'd be a fool to go play in Tennessee... especially if he wants to win.

My advice to Hopkins is sign with Kansas City, Buffalo, or Baltimore. He makes any of those three teams a Super Bowl favorite. He'll have to take less money on a one-year deal but if all goes well then he can cash in next offseason when perhaps there's a wider market for his services. Tennessee is a complete waste of his time and talent. I'd love to see him in a Patriots uniform but it's not a great move for his production (given the QB situation). I'm surprised he's not getting more interest.

This is what Hopkins said...

"What I want is stable management upstairs. I think that's something that I haven't really had the past couple years of my career coming from Houston to being in Arizona. I've been through three to four GMs in my career. A QB who loves the game, a QB who brings everybody on board with him, pushes not just himself but people around him. I don't need a great QB – I've done it with subpar QBs – just a QB who loves the game like I do. And a great defense."

Mac fits the not great part but I'm not sure he possesses the intense leadership Hopkins is looking for. I see that kind of leadership in Josh Allen. Otherwise the Patriots sort of match what he's looking for... the defense will be top 10 if not great but Hopkins would be a major boost to the offense so top 10 probably would be good enough for them to be a competitive team. Without Hopkins, the offense looks meh so the defense will have to be Great.
Spoken like a true Patriots fan

My advice to Hopkins is sign with Kansas City, Buffalo, or Baltimore. He makes any of those three teams a Super Bowl favorite. He'll have to take less money on a one-year deal but if all goes well then he can cash in next offseason when perhaps there's a wider market for his services. Tennessee is a complete waste of his time and talent. I'd love to see him in a Patriots uniform but it's not a great move for his production (given the QB situation). I'm surprised he's not getting more interest.

Image of @crawhammer offering advice to professional athletes from his office LEAKED!

6Gvryg4.png

I really want to see Boutte work his boutte off and tap into the potential.
I prefer to have younger players at the skill positions.
With our luck Deandre becomes an old man by week 4 if he a Patriot.
If he’s a Chief he’s a perennial pro bowler til he retires.
I think Boutte has the potential to be a very good WR. I view Douglas as more of gadget / ST player.

Except if what he got from the Patriots was: "Here's a proposed contract. Feel free to see if anyone can beat it, but please get back to us to give us the opportunity to counter if you get a better offer."
So the implication there is he's not going to negotiate in good faith with other teams. Rather he's just trying raise his price tag in New England. Also, I think that tactic makes more sense with your own free agents and not with a player coming from elsewhere. Hopkins may have no inclination whatsoever of getting back to the Patriots if some other (preferable) team offers him more money. If he truly wanted to play for Patriots or Titans then he would have signed already. Doesn't mean he won't end up signing with either.

Not surprising why would you take less money to come to New England over Tennessee both are winning 7 games if it goes bad and are the 7 seed if it goes well and neither are sniffing a Super Bowl.

Bill needs to wake up and realize no one is taking a discount to play for a .500 team with a mediocre quarterback, they came for Brady and winning.

So the implication there is he's not going to negotiate in good faith with other teams. Rather he's just trying raise his price tag in New England
No, because the Patriots aren't necessarily going to match every offer.
And contracts aren't always easily comparable anyhow - one could have more guaranteed money while another has more in the way of incentives.

I'm sure he appreciates your advice and will take it into consideration....
My 10-year-old son thinks he should sign with the Dolphins. Not gonna happen but imagine trying to stop that receiving corps of Hopkins, Hill, and Waddle o_O.

Think it’s been clear he’s waiting on a contender like KC to get in the mix. He’s going to wait and drag this out as long as possible.

There will be a lot of disappointment on this board when Dhop announces he is signing with another team. However, it has been very predictable all along (He said earlier in the year he did not really want to play for the Patriots). Nothing has changed.
As I mentioned previously, I do not believe he would make the patriots a playoff team or a serious AFC contender.

However, it's a bad PR hit for Pats to be so tight with the spending. The talent level is mediocre to poor on this roster. Hard to believe they could not find any worthy UFA (other than Schuster) to make their depth chart a bit more formidable. Bill went bargain bin shopping once again (for Reiff and Anderson) and the team will pay for it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore