PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Time To Consider Contract Extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again showing I'm not saying I'm perfect or a a czar but I was saying I'd like the makeup of the team and players with those ideas.
Again that's me personally.
I did like Dez Bryant and so did Sean Payton.
That's not bad company.

My point is simply that your roster makeup is not genuine. I brought up Dez Bryant because he's now on IR. I'm pretty confident you wanted us to trade for Earl Thomas, who's also now on IR. Why didn't you list them among the roster decisions you would have made?

You wouldn't have re-signed Hightower, which means you've been GM since at least the beginning of the 2017 off-season. Well, you've made a TON of roster suggestions in that time span, and obviously some of them won't be able to overlap.

That's what I'm getting at. It's not that I don't believe you would have made all those moves, it's that you would have already made a lot of moves that prevent you from building the roster you listed. Kenny Vaccarro doesn't sign with us if we have McCourty, Thomas, Chung and Harmon in front of him. So it's not fair to say you would have signed the healthy Vaccaro, but ignore that you would have already traded for the injured Thomas.

My point is simply that your roster makeup is not genuine. I brought up Dez Bryant because he's now on IR. I'm pretty confident you wanted us to trade for Earl Thomas, who's also now on IR. Why didn't you list them among the roster decisions you would have made?

You wouldn't have re-signed Hightower, which means you've been GM since at least the beginning of the 2017 off-season. Well, you've made a TON of roster suggestions in that time span, and obviously some of them won't be able to overlap.

That's what I'm getting at. It's not that I don't believe you would have made all those moves, it's that you would have already made a lot of moves that prevent you from building the roster you listed. Kenny Vaccarro doesn't sign with us if we have McCourty, Thomas, Chung and Harmon in front of him. So it's not fair to say you would have signed the healthy Vaccaro, but ignore that you would have already traded for the injured Thomas.
I agree with this assessment.
For me the whole future of the team changes when you make the decison to keep 40 year old Brady over Jimmy G?
Here's a question for this board would you of parted with Mccourty and Hightower to have Jimmy G on the bench for when Brady hits the cliff.
I sure would
As far as people saying Bill couldnt get Jimmy to agree to that kind of role.
This is the same Belichick who reportedly turned a deaf ear to Aaron Hernandez when he told him he wanted to be traded because he was in trouble and his life maybe in danger and wanted out of the New England area.
Asked for a trade to the west coast.
It's hard for me to believe that if BB made a terrible decison to keep Aaron then that he couldn't of told Jimmy G sorry bro wait 2 more years to shine and be truly paid.

I agree with this assessment.
For me the whole future of the team changes when you make the decison to keep 40 year old Brady over Jimmy G?
Here's a question for this board would you of parted with Mccourty and Hightower to have Jimmy G on the bench for when Brady hits the cliff.
I sure would
As far as people saying Bill couldnt get Jimmy to agree to that kind of role.
This is the same Belichick who reportedly turned a deaf ear to Aaron Hernandez when he told him he wanted to be traded because he was in trouble and his life maybe in danger and wanted out of the New England area.
Asked for a trade to the west coast.
It's hard for me to believe that if BB made a terrible decison to keep Aaron then that he couldn't of told Jimmy G sorry bro wait 2 more years to shine and be truly paid.
I argued this with many posters during the off-season. I would've cut several guys even if it meant the team would take a step back in order to keep Jimmy G on the roster. Rather than having a successor to Brady, we have Duke Dawson?

I've read about that as well regarding Hernandez. Hernandez may have been just paranoid as he was clearly nuts.

I argued this with many posters during the off-season. I would've cut several guys even if it meant the team would take a step back in order to keep Jimmy G on the roster. Rather than having a successor to Brady, we have Duke Dawson?

I've read about that as well regarding Hernandez. Hernandez may have been just paranoid as he was clearly nuts.
Hard to argue with the Hernandez result

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back