PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thoughts on the future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snooky97

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening

So not sure if a thread has been started or anything like this.

My biggest question -

Does the future of the patriots concern you? I’ve seen reports online about BB and Kraft having issues and that’s the reason BB basically let Jimmy go for free and Brissett...

It’s more of a general thread for thoughts really didn’t know what anyone else thought about it all..

Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening

So not sure if a thread has been started or anything like this.

My biggest question -

Does the future of the patriots concern you? I’ve seen reports online about BB and Kraft having issues and that’s the reason BB basically let Jimmy go for free and Brissett...

It’s more of a general thread for thoughts really didn’t know what anyone else thought about it all..
You cant worry about uninformed speculation.

Besides, in what world would belichick hurt his own team on purpose? Hawt take artists like Colin cowheard should be ignored.

You cant worry about uninformed speculation.

Besides, in what world would belichick hurt his own team on purpose? Hawt take artists like Colin cowheard should be ignored.

That is what I was thinking. There is one thing I know and that is BB loves winning.

Just thought I’d throw it out there really as didn’t know if anyone knew anything in the area as over in the UK finding local Boston news is a pain at times.

A little, curly-haired ginger girl once told me that the sun will come out tomorrow. So, I usually feel pretty good about the future.

Then again, the news said some Kim Dung Twat guy might launch some nukes. So maybe we have no future.

If I really have to put down my drink and think about the future, I think Annie may have been full of shyt.

That is what I was thinking. There is one thing I know and that is BB loves winning.

Just thought I’d throw it out there really as didn’t know if anyone knew anything in the area as over in the UK finding local Boston news is a pain at times.
It’s just all media creating a story but making up things to sensationalize.

Just enjoy it. The Pats have had an amazing run for over 15 years. The Pats. Think about it. The Pats.

As a kid, I would have been overjoyed if the Pats made the playoffs let alone go 11-5. This is a magnificent time for fans of this team. I never, ever, ever, would have thought that this level of success would come to this team. We are beyond lucky.

For me the whole deflate gate thing really hurt my view of the team and especially Kraft. I haven’t missed watching a live game since I became a fan in 1991 (I was 11) but I feel like when both Bill and Tom are gone, I’ll probably become a very casual fan. It also has to do with having a 2,4, and 6 year old, and after living in Atlanta for 10 years I am becoming more of a college fan than an NFL fan. The whole concussion thing, and Goodell haven’t helped that.

its a QB league

the future depends on the ability to get the next, next guy

(since the next guy is in SF)

I think the Pats are going to go through some tough times. We are losing 2 GOATS. Not 1 but 2. And probably very close, maybe with in a year after the other retires.

I’ve seen reports online about BB and Kraft having issues and that’s the reason BB basically let Jimmy go for free

Do you really think BB would sabotage his own team and stunt the tail end of his legacy because an owner supposedly vetoed trading the greatest player of all time?

It's something Cowherd pulled out of his ass and it is ****ing ******ed.

The whole rift story is so made up. Just talk radio with a need to create a narrative.

Might ownership have stepped in and forced BB to trade Jimmy and ride with TB12 until TB12 decides. Maybe it's not an insane premise. But even if this were true it's quite possible/reasonable BB would just accept that some decisions are big enough to warrant his boss. And waste no more energy on it and just move right on. Maybe it pissed him off but the talking heads first assume Kraft stepped in then assume it automatically means BB is pissed over it.

The simpler narrative but not as fun for the radio is that the organization came to a decision collectively (however it was reached) pulled the trigger based on the best interests of the team and will move on and live with that decision. Maybe the decision was more short sighted than BB wanted maybe ownership swayed him one way maybe they didn't but I'm sure either way BB is not wasting anymore time on it.

Understanding that it takes at least a couple of seasons to groom a young QB fresh out of college, I think the team needs to select its next QB in April. I don’t believe they should wait until next year, nor do I believe that they will.

The rest is already behind us. It’s over.

Depends what you mean.

The Pats will never be as consistently good again as they are now. The Pats currently need to hunt for a elite QB. They are hard to find and without one your ceiling is usually fairly limited.

One thing the Pats have going for them is very good ownership. Yes Kraft sold out the Pats cause he didn't want to fight the commissioner and the other owners. He isn't perfect. However he is committed to winning and won't be cheap to achieve it.

I believe Jonathan Kraft will follow in his dad's footsteps and make it a point to bring in the best coach money can buy and the best scouting money can guy. Most people don't realize just how much the Pats outspend other teams in the scouting and coach department most years. Also they pay for top facilities and even their own jets. No team does as much to give their people the advantage as the Patriots. I don't expect that to change.

So the Pats do have the best ownership in the NFL and will continue to have that after BB/Brady go.

That ownership will do the best it can to bring in the best coach possible. Money will be no object. Will he be BB? No, but he will be legit.

As far as finding the QB we will just need to do the best we can.

I expect the Patriots after BB/Brady to be what the Patriots were from 94-99.

A team that put out a good product with competent coaches and a competent QB and that will contend for a playoff spot most years.

They will need to get a few insane drafts or an elite QB before they can compete. It will happen eventually.

I remember a time when we were happy to win A game, any game It was a magical year if we beat the Jetes. We were more like the current Cleveland Browns or Jetes than the powerhouse of today.

So I won't worry. I've worn the laundry for 43 years, and I'll still proudly wear it, and watch their games, as long as I draw breath, and can reach the remote.

Depends what you mean.

The Pats will never be as consistently good again as they are now. The Pats currently need to hunt for a elite QB. They are hard to find and without one your ceiling is usually fairly limited.

One thing the Pats have going for them is very good ownership. Yes Kraft sold out the Pats cause he didn't want to fight the commissioner and the other owners. He isn't perfect. However he is committed to winning and won't be cheap to achieve it.

I believe Jonathan Kraft will follow in his dad's footsteps and make it a point to bring in the best coach money can buy and the best scouting money can guy. Most people don't realize just how much the Pats outspend other teams in the scouting and coach department most years. Also they pay for top facilities and even their own jets. No team does as much to give their people the advantage as the Patriots. I don't expect that to change.

So the Pats do have the best ownership in the NFL and will continue to have that after BB/Brady go.

That ownership will do the best it can to bring in the best coach possible. Money will be no object. Will he be BB? No, but he will be legit.

As far as finding the QB we will just need to do the best we can.

I expect the Patriots after BB/Brady to be what the Patriots were from 94-99.

A team that put out a good product with competent coaches and a competent QB and that will contend for a playoff spot most years.

They will need to get a few insane drafts or an elite QB before they can compete. It will happen eventually.

I think Steve Belichick is our next coach, he's only a year younger than Mcvay so he should be go to go by the time BB retires

The whole rift story is so made up. Just talk radio with a need to create a narrative.

Most teams in the league follow the Jerrah Jones model pretty closely - the owner dictating most decisions to the GM and HC. Most media types are far too intellectually lazy to consider that the Pats organization may be different, so everything that happens with the Pats is run through that standard filter. But, then too, most fans think every team runs on the Jerrah Jones model and wouldn't accept a different narrative, anyway.

Do not see #12 or BB ever leaving this franchise, Brady will continue as maybe a part owner or at least the face of this franchise...

BB will, after leaving the sidelines, continue as some sort of consultant who will be of value to whoever the new coach is...

Mr. Kraft knows who built this NFL empire in the NE, and he will not just let these guys walk away...

It is reasonable to believe that this franchise that this team will not enjoy the same level of success, but it is reasonable to believe that future teams will be pretty good for a long time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back