PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thoughts on the future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening

So not sure if a thread has been started or anything like this.

My biggest question -

Does the future of the patriots concern you? I’ve seen reports online about BB and Kraft having issues and that’s the reason BB basically let Jimmy go for free and Brissett...

It’s more of a general thread for thoughts really didn’t know what anyone else thought about it all..
So you listen to Felger:rolleyes:

Do you really think BB would sabotage his own team and stunt the tail end of his legacy because an owner supposedly vetoed trading the greatest player of all time?

It's something Cowherd pulled out of his ass and it is ****ing ******ed.
Actually the trading of Jimmy Garappolo is what will impact the tail end of Belichick's legacy and it was the owner who sabotaged the future of his own team.
It's very hard to find "the next guy" at QB especially when you draft where the Patriots draft every year. They found that guy....and Belichick was forced to trade him away.

The 2018 NFL draft will tell us a lot about the future plans of Bill Belichick.

Wonder what Robert Kraft will be thinking if Belichick doesn't draft a QB at all. ;)

Actually the trading of Jimmy Garappolo is what will impact the tail end of Belichick's legacy and it was the owner who sabotaged the future of his own team.
It's very hard to find "the next guy" at QB especially when you draft where the Patriots draft every year. They found that guy....and Belichick was forced to trade him away.

Wonder what Robert Kraft will be thinking if Belichick doesn't draft a QB at all. ;)
Mediot.

Shank Shaughnessy is doing weather forecasts now?
That insufferable prick along with Man Hands MacMullan, Borges, Ryan and a couple others just need to go away, forever. Retire or something. Whenever one of them pops up on TV I'm in a race with myself to change the channel. They're like the black sheep relative you just can't get rid of. Ugh.

Last edited:
I think the Pats are going to go through some tough times. We are losing 2 GOATS. Not 1 but 2. And probably very close, maybe with in a year after the other retires.
not necessarily, yes and no I would say... There were a lot of fun years between 1974 and 1999 as well. (Yeah a few down ones too, but less than everyone always says) They made the Super Bowl twice, and had some good regular season teams back when it was much harder to get into the playoffs.

We will have future fun years, but there will be some tough times as well.

Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening

So not sure if a thread has been started or anything like this.

My biggest question -

Does the future of the patriots concern you? I’ve seen reports online about BB and Kraft having issues and that’s the reason BB basically let Jimmy go for free and Brissett...

It’s more of a general thread for thoughts really didn’t know what anyone else thought about it all..
honestly some days I worry more that I won't personally outlive the Brady Belichick dynasty..

I remember a time when we were happy to win A game, any game It was a magical year if we beat the Jetes. We were more like the current Cleveland Browns or Jetes than the powerhouse of today.

So I won't worry. I've worn the laundry for 43 years, and I'll still proudly wear it, and watch their games, as long as I draw breath, and can reach the remote.
We had a few really bad years here and there over a 30 year span, 1970-2000 but mostly we were pretty damn good most of the time. And we have consistently beaten and destroyed the Jets my entire life. In fact we embarrassed the Jets more often and more severely in the 70s and 80s than we do in the Brady years.

difficult to predict the future...for the moment i appreciate the present ;)
OP states "15" years, but this is Brady's 18th years (17 seasons since 01) and honestly you should include the 1996-1999 years, so the team currently is on a 23 year run of success roughly, and add a few more likely.

Pats have been to 9 SBs since since SB 20. (averages to roughly 1 out of 3 SBs roughly (9 out of 31 SBs) That is a 30 year stretch. (A stretch the really just included the 3 horrible seasons in the early 90s, (1 win, 5 wins, and 2 wins))

Overall the Pats are pretty much the most successful NFL team in modern history especially if they win Super Bowl 52.

Honestly, if after BB and Brady are gone, if they were to simply replicate the previous 25 Years of Patriot history forward (I.e. 1976-1999 roughly) and maybe win the 2 SB instead of lose them, it would be fantastic. The Pats past is so wrongly dissed by even Patriot fans.. I never get it.

Do you really think BB would sabotage his own team and stunt the tail end of his legacy because an owner supposedly vetoed trading the greatest player of all time?

Imagine if they had decided to keep Jimmy and traded Brady at the end of this season instead. In that case, the storyline would have been that Belichick was trying to burnish his own personal legacy by proving he could win without Brady.

There was no way the Patriots could keep both, so however it shook out there was going to be a truckload of idle speculation. I console myself with the fact that they arranged to exile the guy they weren't keeping to the NFC.

BB will, after leaving the sidelines, continue as some sort of consultant who will be of value

Bill is gonna be kicking back in Jupiter Florida on a fishing boat, maybe volunteering at a local high school as an adviser like Parcells has done. He deserves it. I don't see him involved half way. When he leaves, he's gone IMO.

Imagine if they had decided to keep Jimmy and traded Brady at the end of this season instead. In that case, the storyline would have been that Belichick was trying to burnish his own personal legacy by proving he could win without Brady.

There was no way the Patriots could keep both, so however it shook out there was going to be a truckload of idle speculation. I console myself with the fact that they arranged to exile the guy they weren't keeping to the NFC.
People sure underrate the backlash that would have happened if they had made that choice instead.

It is actually still too early to draft the replacement unless you get him first round with a 5 year option.

There were extreme circumstances involved. No?

Bill is gonna be kicking back in Jupiter Florida on a fishing boat, maybe volunteering at a local high school as an adviser like Parcells has done. He deserves it. I don't see him involved half way. When he leaves, he's gone IMO.
I actually don't see him retiring for a while longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes