PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This is what Damien Harris thinks. Do not try to turn this thread political.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything is so damn weird and unsettling nowadays. I feel like regardless where anyone stands, there is agreement that life is very weird right now.
No different than other periods in history.

The real issue is people spend more time *****ing about it on social media and less time plowing forward and living the lives they have.

Don’t see the big deal, people travel for important medical care all the time.

No offense to the OP, but there is no way to start a thread like this and not make it political.

No offense to the OP, but there is no way to start a thread like this and not make it political.
OP hates babies and wants to reinforce his opinion using NFL players' opinions

(just kidding about the hating babies part)

This decision isn't going to stop anything. Things will be harder and more dangerous for some, but it'll continue as before.

These types of decisions can't and won't change human nature; any more than the drug campaign stopped people from taking drugs, or the morality based prostitution laws have stopped that practice.

I wish the government (federal & state) would just stay out of people's lives. American society has always been hypocrital. Nothing ever changes.

the naked gun facepalm GIF

Just in case this doesn't show up in an official thread:

Please note that you've read this, but don't comment on its content, because we do not have political threads.

Sad that the Patriots tend to let lead backs go.

Welp, he's ours for this year - get 'em, Damien!

Of all the people I would care to debate, or listen to, regarding the SCOTUS decision, any football player's opinion is pretty far down on the list of required reading, Opinions are like armpits, everybody has a couple and some of them stink. As far as FLorio and NBC, opinions of the football players transcend them easily, not even close.

In other words, am I supposed to give any more credence to Harris's opinion because he's a Pat? Seems like a very sorry basis for establishing a notable degree of credibility on this issue.

Last edited:
Exactly and the civil war was about states rights, not slavery. I think states rights is the excuse here but the real motivation is religion. Next up, same sex marriage and contraception. States rights after all......and the justices confirmation hearing testimony?, "ha, fooled ya!"
The Supreme Courts function is to decide cases based upon the powers of the enumerated Federal Government in the constitution.
It is not to make law. The court previous erred when it made law with Roe v Wade creating a “right” to kill unborn children by prohibiting the states from acting to protect the unborn children. The constitution establishes the right to LIFE, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. It establishes no right to kill an unborn human because you want to.
The constitution makes this a state level issue, not a Federal issue. The states will determine, based upon the wishes of its citizens, whether they want to allow the lives of unborn children to be expunged or to protect them as the most commonly agreed upon law has them do for those who are born.

People who disagree with this decision are saying they prefer an activist court to write law rather than the will of the citizens to be carried out. Disagreeing with this decision is endorsing that the Supreme Court should take an activist role in writing law. Agreeing with it is saying the court should do what it was established to do, determine whether laws violate the constitution.

The UNITED STATES of America is a republic with much of the power and authority held at the state level ( which also happens to be the level where the will of the citizens can must accurately be carried out) and not the business of the Federal government.

I pretty much support abortion, in most cases. But the way the original Roe v Wade was handled scares the crap out of me, and should scare anyone who thinks about it. The Supreme Court does not have the power to pass laws on their own. If the costitution is silent on an issue, then they have to let the states decide. OF course the founders figured that they wouldn't get everything right and set up a means of amending the costitution to allow it to grow and change with the times. Although it is relatively tough to actually amend the Constitution, as it should be. The Roe V Wade decision, whether or not you agree with it, was the Supreme Court using their power to circumvent the entire US legislative process. While in this case you might like it, what is to prevent them from doing something awful with in the next time they decide they have the power to change something.

Yea pretty much what Ring said.

Most people on the left don't understand the 10th Amendment:

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Because issues like abortion, marriage rights, etc. are nowhere to be found in the Constitution and are not regulated by an Act of Congress, they belong to the states. Period. It's not a difficult concept. If you want abortion rights, go to your state legislature or congressman. It's not the job of 9 men and women of the Supreme Court to do the job that Congress failed to do.
But should congress pass a law it is then the Supreme Courts role (when a case gets there) to determine if it is unconstitutional.
That’s it, the Supreme Court interprets the constitutionality of laws. End.
50 years ago the Supreme Court was wrong, and denied the right for states to protect their yet to be born citizens, a right it clearly is provided in the constitution. 63 million lives never were because of that.

This decision isn't going to stop anything. Things will be harder and more dangerous for some, but it'll continue as before.

These types of decisions can't and won't change human nature; any more than the drug campaign stopped people from taking drugs, or the morality based prostitution laws have stopped that practice.

I wish the government (federal & state) would just stay out of people's lives. American society has always been hypocrital. Nothing ever changes.
For things to change the states need to recognize taking a human life is wrong.
Every life has equal value. The unwanted kid who was never born had a life with the same value as you or I or Tom Brady taken away.

No different than other periods in history.

The real issue is people spend more time *****ing about it on social media and less time plowing forward and living the lives they have.

Social media might be a huge factor these days, but I feel like we are on the precipice of something big right now......

Hahaha...A bunch of guys talking about abortion. Wake me up when women show up...What a joke.
You're on a football forum. Presumably discussing football. With this logic you should shut up and let the football players do the talking. Also, every man and woman on earth was previously a fetus. It affects all of us

OK - I'm going to close this one down so we can just move on. Like there was any way this wasn't going to become political...yikes. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing