PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This is the 2003 team all over again, literally

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the patriots won this game next year they will be playing for bookend 3 out of 4s

U0d02qs.jpg

Also, in 2003 and 2016, the season series between the Patriots and Bills ended up with 0 point differential.

2003: 0-31, 31-0.

2016: 0-16, 41-25.

So you are telling me, there is a chance....

lol that's funny and matches a mother parallel that someone else posted w similarities between this SB run and 2001-2004

On another note, the 04 D Wasn't the best scoring D that year?!?
I think a key reason our scoring D wasn't #1 in 2004, was because we lost both our starting CBs that year (Ty Law and Tyrone Poole), replaced by an undrafted rookie free agent (Randall Gay) and 2nd year man Assante Samuel. I still say that was the most impressive, and I THINK that team, that was the only team EVER, to lose BOTH their starting CBs and still win a SB.

Exactly. Harrison, Law, Seymour, Bruschi, Vrabel, McGinest.
Did we view those guys the same way in January 2004 before they won two titles as we do now?

They finished 12th in the league in points scored in 2003. I know we have high expectations around here, but "literally no offense"? We've been pretty spoiled here. :) The offense's biggest problem was a poor running game that year.

Yup...the heart attacks of the D (just barely)holding the (usually minute)leads in a lot of games after the offense's complete inability to gain 1st downs to run out the clock, are unforgettable.

2003 shaved 5-10 years off all of our lives.

Did we view those guys the same way in January 2004 before they won two titles as we do now?

At the time, I viewed Ty Law as one of the top five corners in the league. I also thought Harrison was hof material from his SD days. It took me a bit longer to appreciate how good Bruschi, Seymour were.

Exactly. Harrison, Law, Seymour, Bruschi, Vrabel, McGinest.

I agree : the 03-04 D was amazing & the driving force towards SBs. For the sake of argument, let's take a look at those teams in the "modern pass happy league" we have today. How many of those guys keep up with the likes of E Sanders, AB, Landry ?

As excellent as those Ds were, I don't know if they'd be compatible (to the same extent) as this year's D with the deep secondary playing as well as you can under these rules. This underlines even further how great BB is and how "pliable" he is as a coach.

It's ridiculous to even compare them.
(This is a joke; please do not catch feelings. Please be aware that even I DON'T agree with this).

McCourty-Harrison
Butler- Law
Nink- Vrabel
Sheard- Seymour
McGinest- Flowers
High- Bruschi

I could live with a complete repeat of 2003 end results.

I am 13 years older. Repeat that Super Bowl, I might not live until the end (let's not have Jones reprise the Muhammad role).

not exactly 'all over again' but I can appreciate the notion

every pats team that has gone to the SB under BB is pretty unique

I am 13 years older. Repeat that Super Bowl, I might not live until the end (let's not have Jones reprise the Muhammad role).
Just take some baby aspirin and you'll be fine :D

Disclaimer: I'm am not a medical doctor, nor did I sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night. The above line is meant in jest and shouldn't be taken as serious medical advice.

That's still the longest pass TD in the history of the Super Bowl (85 yards). :eek:

No offense to the 2003 defense, but I can't see the 2016 secondary letting that happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes