PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This is the 2003 team all over again, literally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except the 03 defense was 10x better than this one.

And here I was thinking you jumped off a bridge after being wrong again and again.

That being said, the comparisons to 2003/4 era defenses are so pointless given how much the game changed. I don't think that many of those players could succeed in today's water-down league where even minimal contact results often in a flag.

Exactly. Harrison, Law, Seymour, Bruschi, Vrabel, McGinest.

Yup, that team definitely had bigger stars on defense.

The lack of big names on this year's defense leads people (including myself) to keep thinking that they are playing better than they actually are..............but the results speak for themselves. I've spent many hours scratching my head wondering how they were getting the job done but there came a time when I just learned to accept it.

McCourty-Harrison
Butler- Law
Nink- Vrabel
Sheard- Seymour
McGinest- Flowers
High- Bruschi

The reason this comparison doesn't work is because the league has changed since 2003. The 2003 team was running a base 3-4 with Seymour at DE. Sheard is a totally different player. Imagine asking Seymour to drop into coverage on a WR? Sheard is asked to do that regularly.

When the 2016 Pats show in 3-4 the guy playing the role of Richard Seymour is either Malcolm Brown or Big Boy Valentine, with Branch as Ted Washington. Sheard is in the McGinest spot, and Flowers is a tweeter that is borderline undraftable in the scheme.

It's become a passing league!

Does Jamie Collins = Lawyer Milloy?

One big difference between this year and 03.... the 03 team had literally, no offense.

Totally disagree on the no offense. I think the style of play was just geared towards the team having a dominant D. I think that offense was efficient and gave you points anytime they needed it.

Also, in 2003 and 2016, the season series between the Patriots and Bills ended up with 0 point differential.

2003: 0-31, 31-0.

2016: 0-16, 41-25.

Also, all the positive integers of the two years are only factorable into the ones available!

6 -> {3,2,1}
3 -> {3,1}
2 -> {2,1}
1 -> {1}

There are no superfluous or interstitial positive integer values involved.

What about this! If you multiply the digits of each year, you get the same result!

2*0*0*3 == 2*0*1*6
0 == 0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes