PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This and That (preseason game 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bugged me too but I think it was from a lack of awareness of what was transpiring behind him rather than a hesitancy to block.
I saw that replay recently and it didn't seem that Chad knew what was going on or he might have engaged his man too early for the play (offense PI ala Gronk).

Besdies, it got us to work on our goal-line package :)

Last edited:
Am I the only one who likes Jim Koch? I can't stop laughing whenever he's on screen.

The awesome NE Patriots have looked like a well-oiled machine in pre-season thus far, I'll give you that. The Jets looked like cat vomit (wheeee), and as a side note, the Eagles looked like dog sh it (fitting). Let's take the 4-0 Detroit Lions pre-season into account, who then illustriously went on to go 0-16. So you're going 0-16. Just call me Miss Cleo.

Last edited by a moderator:
So you're going 0-16. Just call me Miss Cleo.

I'll call you Miss Nostradumbass..or maybe Snuffy McToe-sterstrudle

Last edited:
2. Price is supposed to be just as fast as Tate. Advantage Price who in the brief flashes at camp and game one seems to be getting it as a Pats WR

I knew Price was fast, but I didn't realize that he had the kind of speed that Tate is supposed to have, so I went and checked it out:

Price:
40 Time: 4.40 40 Low: 4.30 40 High: 4.49
Taylor Price | Ohio, WR : 2010 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

Tate:
40 Time: 4.52 40 Low: 4.42 40 High: 4.60
Brandon Tate | North Carolina, WR : 2009 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

Granted, I'm not sure when Tate ran those 40s (was he recovering at the time?). In any case, he's never struck me as playing especially fast, and he's had a knee surgery since then anyways. Add in that KR has been severely deemphasized, and I think Tate's on the outside looking in when final cuts come around.

They showed the NFL.com highlights after Brady went to Ocho for the second time in a row after his blow up over the middle, this time to the sideline and it was mistimed, and they show Brady putting his hands on his hips. He's not happy with their timing. Ocho is too good and and experienced to be a liability, I am really hoping they get this fixed before the season starts.

They showed the NFL.com highlights after Brady went to Ocho for the second time in a row after his blow up over the middle, this time to the sideline and it was mistimed, and they show Brady putting his hands on his hips. He's not happy with their timing. Ocho is too good and and experienced to be a liability, I am really hoping they get this fixed before the season starts.

I'm not worried, and wouldn't characterize 85 as "struggling to pick up the offense." For us to expect him to get on the same page with Brady any faster would be unrealistic. There's too much detail and precision to be acquired. It will take three months.

Because the obnoxious self-absorbed little twit hounds the camera every time on home pre-season games. Many times I've missed seeing a play while he blathers on.

I'm tired of his act now, too, and hate it when the game is going on while he's on air. But our quarrel is with the marketing people who cut the deal with Sam Adams and the Patriots, and with the production people.

I'm tired of his act now, too, and hate it when the game is going on while he's on air. But our quarrel is with the marketing people who cut the deal with Sam Adams and the Patriots, and with the production people.

I suppose if the guy didn't put his money where his mouth is, you could call it an act.

Video - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Pats D 1st half snaps

Will post 2nd half D snaps later tonight.

Hey man - thanks so much for doing these.

I don't think it would be too presumptious of you to make a completely seperate thread for these as people are probably missing out on them - especially with what some people think constitutes worthy thread starting material blocking up the forum.

If you don't do it, i'll probably create the thread myself and just copy paste your links into it - that would be sticky material in my opinion.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
I suppose if the guy didn't put his money where his mouth is, you could call it an act.

Hey, I greatly appreciate what he and his company have done for their industry, and the attitude they take about the business. And I enjoyed the first three or four sideline interviews. And think the home brew contest they are doing with the Pats is great. I'm just tired of listening to him talk about it at this point. A 10 second spot on each game would be fine, but they go on forever now, and he rambles.

Hey, I greatly appreciate what he and his company have done for their industry, and the attitude they take about the business. And I enjoyed the first three or four sideline interviews. And think the home brew contest they are doing with the Pats is great. I'm just tired of listening to him talk about it at this point. A 10 second spot on each game would be fine, but they go on forever now, and he rambles.

I doubt they will do it in the regular season. Ultimately, it is the network's fault. They should do that during commercials or at the half. The choice to do it when play is happening is made by the networks.

10. Patriots add Hayensworth, Ochocinco, Carter, Ellis, Anderson and the usual treasure trove of draft picks to young team that went 14-2 last year. jets add 73 year old Derrick Mason (Fat Rex expects 90-100 receptions) and ex-con Plexiglass coming off a 2 year vacation paid for by the state of NY. Advantage: jets.

Mason is already hurt. I love the quote at the end of the article.

Injuries ground Jets vets Mason, Brunell | National Football Post

Yes, I thought that Mark Brunell was really good. But that's when I liked Led Zeppelin and my loon pants.

Hey man - thanks so much for doing these.

I don't think it would be too presumptious of you to make a completely seperate thread for these as people are probably missing out on them - especially with what some people think constitutes worthy thread starting material blocking up the forum.

If you don't do it, i'll probably create the thread myself and just copy paste your links into it - that would be sticky material in my opinion.

Thanks again.

Thanks. I didn't know whether to make a new post or not. Didn't know what the Mods think. When I was at Pats Pulpit, I posted my video via their fanshots which was easier.
If you want to make a thread, go ahead. I'm fine it with. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back