PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

They’re writing us off again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s 10-7 in below 40 games.....so he’s going to be ok.....doesn’t matter though.....I think the pats will show more toughness Sunday than they have all year. I would not be surprised if there wasn’t a fair amount of sandbagging this season
Why would they have been sandbagging?

That’s a real question, not an argument.

Saw this article earlier. Looks for facts based than a “hot take”. Statistically he did decline.
It’s a hot take.

I think people outside of New England may treat Brady the same way I treated Michael Jordan.

I was a kid when MJ went on is streak. I rooted against him. I thought it would be cool to see David knock off Goliath. SO yes, I rooted like heck for those Suns, Sonics, and Jazz only to have MJ's greatness shut me up. I hated him for it.

Then, funny thing happened, the guy retired and I couldn't do anything but have respect for the guy. I appreciate him more after the fact than when he was playing. I actually have since bought some MJ dvds.

I bet Brady will be more appreciated in retirement than as a player (at least by the people outside of New England).

Brady already is. People are just going off of the dumbest places, which include comments sections on PFT and opposing fans garbage message boards. Basically every article by every sports writer in America refers to him as the greatest QB of all-time. Even his biggest haters begrudgingly put him in the top 3 all-time. I have no idea what more people want from this.

And with good reason. The offense is still searching for an identity. And the run defense has been abysmal all year. Plus, chances are, they'll have to play on the road where they've been terrible this year.

Brady already is. People are just going off of the dumbest places, which include comments sections on PFT and opposing fans garbage message boards. Basically every article by every sports writer in America refers to him as the greatest QB of all-time. Even his biggest haters begrudgingly put him in the top 3 all-time. I have no idea what more people want from this.

99% of the Pats hate on PFT are trolls with 10 usernames each who are just trying (and a lot of times succeeding) to get a rise out of Pats fans.

Last edited:
I knew last summer people would say this and back it up with stats. I’ve got two answers, cooks is gone and amendola is not here. I mean duh! Hello! Were bringing in players from cleaveland
No Jules for 4 games
No cooks
No dola
No Dion
Integrating Cord
Integrating Josh
Re-integrating Jules
Rigamortis Gronk
Allan a big fat zero in the passing game
Integrating Sony
Hogan & Dorsett average
Integrating Burk

Are people actually up his ass for 65% 4300 29tds? 98 rating AT 41 YEARS OLD!?

The fact he threw for what he did is a goddamn miracle.

Last edited:
No Jules for 4 games
No cooks
No dola
No Dion
Integrating Cord
Integrating Josh
Re-integrating Jules
Rigamortis Gronk
Allan a big fat zero in the passing game
Integrating Sony
Hogan & Dorsett average

Are people actually up his ass for 65% 4300 29tds? 98 rating AT 41 YEARS OLD!?

The fact he threw for what he did is a goddamn miracle.

Couldn’t say it any better. Take away 5 flukey interceptions and his stats are already on par with the last few years. Put Cooks, Amendola, and Lewis on the 2018 team and a 100% Gronk, even take away Edelman, and there any question he wouldn’t have matched, if not exceeded, his 2017 MVP season?

The criticism is beyond idiotic. It was really obvious when Favre and Manning hit the cliff. This is not a cliff or even a decline. It’s a similar season to last year (MVP) with all the factors you mentioned accounting for the difference, plus those fluke interceptions.

Completion % 4th highest of his career
Passing yards 7th highest
Passing ypg higher than career average
TD passes 1 less than career average
Int % 0.1% higher than career average with many being due to tipped balls.
YPA higher than career average
QB rating (which is useless btw) higher than career average.
Team TDs/offensive TDs 7th best of his career.

Couldn’t say it any better. Take away 5 flukey interceptions and his stats are already on par with the last few years. Put Cooks, Amendola, and Lewis on the 2018 team and a 100% Gronk, even take away Edelman, and there any question he wouldn’t have matched, if not exceeded, his 2017 MVP season?

The criticism is beyond idiotic. It was really obvious when Favre and Manning hit the cliff. This is not a cliff or even a decline. It’s a similar season to last year (MVP) with all the factors you mentioned accounting for the difference, plus those fluke interceptions.
4 year avg 14-17 (3 Sb trips btw)....2018

Comp % 65.4......65.8
Pass ypg. 283...272
Off TDs 48....47
Int %. 1.2......1.9 (difference totally explained by excessive tipped balls)

Article is bs

Plus no Burk who had a nice year in 2017.

God forbid people look at the influencers of why his 4th level stats are off.

I'll concede at 41 years old Tom's twitchy muscle reactions and mental acuity processing have slowed down by .0000023000022 microseconds compared to when he was 33. Are the critics happy now?

Christ.

"They’re writing us off again"

Who exactly are the "they" and "us" here?
Do you realize the author is a Philly guy that used to write for the NY Post? Is that the kind of "they" whose opinions we should really let concern us? What kind of pansy bs is that? The article is cherry picking Tom Brady's 2018 numbers to make a case he is declining so unless you are Tom Brady's tapeworm where do you come up with the "us" in this? We are fans of a football team, we are not the team. Whether your purpose is to wind others up or your personal identity really is that wrapped up in a professional football team either way you really need to get out more.

Many of us here survived the broke ass Sullivans, lame ass Kiam and carpetbagging horse's ass Orthwein. We have been blessed to be rewarded with a run the likes of which has never been seen and if the wheels came off the wagon tomorrow we'd simply be grateful for all we got to see and all the team accomplished. Just maybe consider that when you are talking about "us" and "we"

Last edited:
Completion % 4th highest of his career
Passing yards 7th highest
Passing ypg higher than career average
TD passes 1 less than career average
Int % 0.1% higher than career average with many being due to tipped balls.
YPA higher than career average
QB rating (which is useless btw) higher than career average.
Team TDs/offensive TDs 7th best of his career.
I’m not saying he had a bad year. Neither does the article. It says his stats declined. They did. This fan base gets worked up over everything.

I really like that we're the underdog this year....That hasn't happened in a long time... Hopefully we come out with no pressure and play loose and well.

Just throw his age out and judge this season objectively. He isn’t as good as last year but he is still good. Receiving talent is on the decline so that factors into production. The only thing I’ve really noticed is that he seems to bail out on more plays.

I love when they don’t come true

The best failed prediction up to now, in my opinion, was Kellerman's SB 51 halftime Tweet:

" Cliff"

kxnkff2o9b901.jpg

That blow hard thought he had finally won the cliff argument only to have Brady shove it right back up Kellerman's ass. Hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back