PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

There's no QB Competition in Foxborough. Cam is the starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only were you just taking a dump on the goat , but within minutes of the Malcolm Butler Superbowl benching you were immediately and repeatedly insinuating the rumor that Butler had gotten high. Basically one of the most reflexive blind homers.
You are lying about both. Doesn’t it embarrass you that the only way you can dispute anything I say is to lie about what I say? In reality you are admitting I am right because you must lie about it to argue against it. Very warped.

Did someone tell BB this?

Did someone tell BB this?

I hope some bad reporter fishing for drama asks Belichick about this for the 50th time. At some point BB will just give the silent stare back.

lol just the fact that you state "no competition" and "in Foxborough" in one sentence takes every credibility of the complete story

I hope some bad reporter fishing for drama asks Belichick about this for the 50th time. At some point BB will just give the silent stare back.
Well his answer started with "Cam is my starter" and then finished his statement with " it will be a hard decision".

Now I am no english major but...the fact that a decision is still pending and will have to be made would clearly indicate that a competition is at hand.

I don't understand your obsession with Cam. Unless you believe it was BB that chose Cam and believe that Josh told Bill to go **** himself and drafted Mac on his own...therefore you already know that Mac will be a bust no matter what because Josh selected him.

Typing that made my head hurt.

Cam is the starter at this point in time.... That just means that Mac has to make himself the better alternative and beat out Cam for the job. I think he is doing that at the moment.

I am in the "Cam will start" camp myself because I think he still has something in the tank.

But Mac is making it a true QB competition, IMO. At the start of camp, I thought Mac had a 5% chance to start week 1, but I am now thinking it is 50/50 depending on how he performs on Thursday...if he does well, I think he'll see increased snaps when we scrimmage with the Eagles and it will be decided after that week, IMO.

And Ben Volin? Really?

Report: Belichick to flip coin before opener to determine starter, calls speculation “super ****ing annoying”

My thoughts. Cam sucked last year. Hopefully he will be better this year. Bill will look at everything this summer and decide who to start based upon who he thinks is best for the team now. I find it rather tough to imagine Bill planning on having Cam play 4 games then pull him as the starter to put Mac in. I also find it difficult to imagine Bill having the two qb’s split time. So I generally come around to the whoever is better over the next month is the starter for the year. I think tomorrow night will give us the first real idea where both qb’s are. Finally Volin is an idiot who doesn’t like the Pats and should be completely ignored.
I personally hope it is Mac, but won’t be devastated if Cam wins it. I just want the Patriots to win.

Last edited:
Mack Jones has NOT outperformed Cam in camp.

Keep smoking the glass pipe of you believe that he has and that MJ is going to start over Cam.

Keep smoking the glass pipe of you believe that he has and that MJ is going to start over Cam.
What about Mac Jones, you ****in narc homer?

I believe there is a competition, and I hope Mac wins it, but I won't be surprised at all if Bill goes with Cam, and I tend to think he will. I just hope that if Cam plays poorly again this year, that Bill will make the move and not be stubborn about it.

I don't know if I'd call it a competition.

Mac starting is inevitable. It will happen. The question is when.

Cam is the starter but BB is absolutely putting Mac through a readiness assessment.

The question is when will Mac be ready? Week 1? Week 8? 2022?

Last edited:

Cam Newton has NOT outperformed Mac Jones in camp.

i think it’s start to be embarrassing for Cam at this point honestly. The guy has been one of the worst QB in the league last year and he doesn’t look much better than a rookie QB two weeks in his first TC. I don’t want that guy to start for my team. I start to think that the only reason he will start is because BB loves him. Never saw him make so many excuses for a player before

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST