PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

There's no QB Competition in Foxborough. Cam is the starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DropKickFlutie

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
"...it sure doesn’t seem like there is an open competition in Foxborough. Bill Belichick was adamant last week that Newton is the starter, and through the first two weeks of camp, Belichick has stuck to his word. Anyone watching practice can tell Newton is the clear, unequivocal starter.

... Newton starts every drill. Newton is the one getting the most work with the starting offensive line, and working with the starting receivers during special teams drills. Many of Jones’ reps are with the backups, and a few are with the rookies and scout team."

Much as I want to see Mac start I think Cam deserves to start. He was in a no win situation last year, this year he has no excuses. No Covid, a full off-season and training camp to learn the system, upgrade at weapons. Let’s give him a fair shot and see what he does.

Let Cam start throwing to the other team... that will last all of five seconds.

"...it sure doesn’t seem like there is an open competition in Foxborough. Bill Belichick was adamant last week that Newton is the starter, and through the first two weeks of camp, Belichick has stuck to his word. Anyone watching practice can tell Newton is the clear, unequivocal starter.

... Newton starts every drill. Newton is the one getting the most work with the starting offensive line, and working with the starting receivers during special teams drills. Many of Jones’ reps are with the backups, and a few are with the rookies and scout team."

Ben Volin

Much as I want to see Mac start I think Cam deserves to start. He was in a no win situation last year, this year he has no excuses. No Covid, a full off-season and training camp to learn the system, upgrade at weapons. Let’s give him a fair shot and see what he does.

Yes. I don't think Mac plays unless Cam is carted off the field or has 12 INTs before Halloween. Cam is the clear starter, he's getting all the first reps, and there is no QB competition despite what the drama rumor mill tries to stir up. The Pats are trying to teach Mac quickly but also know the kid is not ready to be a starting QB yet.

Boy Howdy, quoting Ben 'Not the Sharpest Tool in the Shed' is pretty dang convincing!

Boy Howdy, quoting Ben 'Not the Sharpest Tool in the Shed' is pretty dang convincing!

Magnitudes better than some trashy gossip threads being slung around about how some players supposedly feel about Cam.

Imagine watching newton play qb last year and hoping they try that again.
Look at the mental gymnastics of andy who out of one side of his mouth was just taking a dump on Tom Brady and how the team had to tank last year to reset the cap, yet showing a total lack of awareness for how last year had zero offensive weapons as a result. I have to say it's pretty unique to have someone be able to argue with 12 different people on a regular basis but also continue to be so hardheaded.

Normally when @DropKickFlutie post it's just a car crash. Starting a thread using a Volin article is 9/11 on repeat.

I love how I live rent free in your head. You follow me around and post emojis like a teenage girl. Funny how thin skinned you are. Maybe go back and make more bad draft prognostications that end up having zero impact or alignment on what the Pats actually do.

Look at the mental gymnastics of andy who out of one side of his mouth was just taking a dump on Tom Brady and how the team had to tank last year to reset the cap, yet showing a total lack of awareness for how last year had zero offensive weapons as a result. I have to say it's pretty unique to have someone be able to argue with 12 different people on a regular basis but also continue to be so hardheaded.
All you have to do is watch the man play QB and you know that anyone who doesn’t recognize he sucks is a clown. Perhaps I need to “argue” because people like you take a fact that the team was deteriorating around Brady and didn’t have the resources to fix it as “taking a dump on Brady”.

@DropKickFlutie

FYI, my op was a joke and was taken from another poster in another thread. It’s my favorite post of the off-season.

All you have to do is watch the man play QB and you know that anyone who doesn’t recognize he sucks is a clown. Perhaps I need to “argue” because people like you take a fact that the team was deteriorating around Brady and didn’t have the resources to fix it as “taking a dump on Brady”.

Not only were you just taking a dump on the goat , but within minutes of the Malcolm Butler Superbowl benching you were immediately and repeatedly insinuating the rumor that Butler had gotten high. Basically one of the most reflexive blind homers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back