PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Tom Brady rumor thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The media circus is a result of the media. They are besides themselves imagining all the possibilities he could end up and how it would effect the rest of the league. And now the media is writing about the media circus. That is classic.

We've reached a perfect loop. It's self sustaining

0_Bird-Box.jpg

Comments:

1.) 14 days to go.

2.) I expect substantial news on the 16th (12 days) which on the same day...I expect 2-3 suitors to step out of the bidding and for one team to emerge as viable competitor against the Patriots.

3.) We should have a good feel on Friday the 13th....some teams will be making travel plans that the media will be on like white on rice, IMO.

Who's the source? I don't buy that they have that kind of inside knowledge.

IMO it wouldn’t be on BB side as the source seems to blame him for the call not going well.

Last edited:
Well if I had to bet fifty bucks on whether I or you and Tune are right about JG I'd bet on you guys.

My thoughts:

He had multiple chances to make that one throw and didn't.

The Shanahan angle is odd or confusing. Did he not call passing plays because the run game was working or because he didn't trust JG to make the right decisions or both?

I do know that when the defense stacked the box to force JG to throw he failed to hit the hot read or missed the call at the line.

But I agree that it was his first full year and he was coming back from an injury. I also think he's an above average QB.

Is bringing him here along with the cap space implications the better move? Meaning is Stidham (or a rookie QB) plus the cap space for other players better than JG?

Anyway if Brady is gone I'd rather go the rookie QB route. BB seems to have a knack for finding decent QBs.

To me the cap question is moot in the short term since you need to pay a QB eventually and Garoppolo's signed for three more years and by the time it's 2022, $27m will probably be very modest for a good QB. Don't get me wrong, I have all the same questions about him as you do, but because the Patriots would get him in a trade, they'd face no dead cap if he didn't work out so it's not a Goff situation where you've necessarily handcuffed yourself to a mediocrity.

To your point, I think you can do both, trade for Jimmy and then this gives you two or three seasons to find your Forever QB, be it Jimmy himself (if he answers all your questions affirmatively) or a draftee. Otherwise, I guess it really just depends on whether you think Stidham is ready and the return the Niners would demand for Jimmy (probably not much more than a 3rd since they'd need the room immediately for Brady). If you think Stidham is probably as good as Jimmy and/or some guy you'll find in the draft in the next couple years then it probably just makes sense to move forward with him.

Brady: I want AB back with us if I sign

Belichick:

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Who's the source? I don't buy that they have that kind of inside knowledge.
Brady ‘camp’ members are no doubt pocketing some nice change for each tidbit offered out to the desperate/lazy media.
Jim Gray concurs

To me the cap question is moot in the short term since you need to pay a QB eventually and Garoppolo's signed for three more years and by the time it's 2022, $27m will probably be very modest for a good QB. Don't get me wrong, I have all the same questions about him as you do, but because the Patriots would get him in a trade, they'd face no dead cap if he didn't work out so it's not a Goff situation where you've necessarily handcuffed yourself to a mediocrity.

To your point, I think you can do both, trade for Jimmy and then this gives you two or three seasons to find your Forever QB, be it Jimmy himself (if he answers all your questions affirmatively) or a draftee. Otherwise, I guess it really just depends on whether you think Stidham is ready and the return the Niners would demand for Jimmy (probably not much more than a 3rd since they'd need the room immediately for Brady). If you think Stidham is probably as good as Jimmy and/or some guy you'll find in the draft in the next couple years then it probably just makes sense to move forward with him.

Assuming San Fran wants an older, more expensive slightly better option at QB (Brady).

Why would they trade Jimmy G to the Patriots? Seems like they could get a better offer somewhere else.

Bill is one cut throat MF

Beilchick must love that his phone call is getting leaked, even though there's really no detail of what was said.

Assuming San Fran wants an older, more expensive slightly better option at QB (Brady).

Why would they trade Jimmy G to the Patriots? Seems like they could get a better offer somewhere else.

RapSheet thinks ther's nothing to the TB to 49ers rumors.

Well, I'm sure THIS report is 100% accurate, unlike all the previous ones that get refuted and then re-confirmed every four and half minutes.

Hoodie attached a contingency clause within 2017 Jimmy G trade agreement
Duh!
✌️

Well, I'm sure THIS report is 100% accurate, unlike all the previous ones that get refuted and then re-confirmed every four and half minutes.

Guregian has been an embarrassment even to embarrassing journalists this offseason. Here comes another swing and a miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back