PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Tom Brady rumor thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
$16 million? So Tom Brady will accept half of what top QBs play for? Not a hope in hell he signs for $16 million!
If nobody wants to sign him it’s supply and demand if he wants to play he can’t be in the strongest position to dictate his salary.
However if this is true that the market is dry for him we maybe getting back a pissed off motivated Tom Brady and that’s incredible

I could be wrong, but I think he was the 14th highest paid QB last season at somewhere around 23m.

It’s hard for me to imagine any kind of deal that isn’t at least similar in terms of pay. I can’t envision a scenario where he’d play for 16m dollars.
What if it’s all he is offered

The Chargers, Raiders and Bucs will pay Brady whatever he wants. Arians cannot stop gushing over him. The question is if he wants to play for them. But those are the contracts he will go back to the Pats with.

My hope is that we keep as much of the defense together as possible. Find a kicker as Ghost IMO is done. Improve the STs return game. And then look at getting a couple of TEs and a legit WR. We have to do these things with or without Brady. Of course if Stidham is the guy then we have a ton of money to play with but a huge question mark at the most important position.

Oh and please do not get Mariota or Dalton. Please.
KVN is as good as gone.

Not sure about Jamie.

I really don't know about Devin. I'd like to think hes a shoo-in to return but with DET, MIA, TN out there as good fits it could be dicey.

I bet they want to do something with High. Hes a UFA next year. I wonder if hed be open to an extension and guarantee some of his $11m this year so to open up 2020 cap space.

KVN is as good as gone.

Not sure about Jamie.

I really don't know about Devin. I'd like to think hes a shoo-in to return but with DET, MIA, TN out there as good fits it could be dicey.

I bet they want to do something with High. Hes a UFA next year. I wonder if hed be open to an extension and guarantee some of his $11m this year so to open up 2020 cap space.
Yeah. I agree. I would think we will draft LB and also DL as well. McCourty is interesting. He has lost a step but had a nice year last year because the CB play was so good. He could get some solid offers.

If nobody wants to sign him it’s supply and demand if he wants to play he can’t be in the strongest position to dictate his salary.
However if this is true that the market is dry for him we maybe getting back a pissed off motivated Tom Brady and that’s incredible
I'm not sure making less than what he was expecting is all that motivating- especially if its true Tom is looking for a little more appreciation from BB.

Hearing a new rumor that Brady had a wet fart this morning.

I'm not sure making less than what he was expecting is all that motivating- especially if its true Tom is looking for a little more appreciation from BB.
Right? I can see him saying eff it and retire, then going out to LA and doing the 199 productions thing and spinning that to being everywhere in the media, saying "see, I told you I wasn't going anywhere."

Right? I can see him saying eff it and retire, then going out to LA and doing the 199 productions thing and spinning that to being everywhere in the media, saying "see, I told you I wasn't going anywhere."
Exactly.

Regardless of the outcome, Tom has become a self-promoting media whore. Hes maximizing all the angles here. I'm ok with it but let's call it like it is.

He and his agents have mapped out various scenarios and several if/thens so he lands gracefully no matter what.

Last edited:
1st time ever I'm agreeing with Giardi.

Last edited:

confirmed
article-2336580-1A2B2C8E000005DC-518_634x510.jpg

With the Coronavirus devastating the world's toilet paper supply, that could be a serious problem.

What if it’s all he is offered
16m a year would be surprising, not to mention insulting. Brady wasn’t thrilled about the 23m last season. I always assumed something in the 25-27m range.

If Brady wants the Titans, and the Titans are shunning him for Tannehill, that could be the turning point. Then maybe he’ll come back to the Patriots with a renewed focus and desire for vengeance. IMO the Titans are idiots if they choose Tannehill over Brady...and I think they’re a sure thing to disappoint in 2020.

16m a year would be surprising, not to mention insulting. Brady wasn’t thrilled about the 23m last season. I always assumed something in the 25-27m range.

For a 43 year old QB? 20 max. And thats before the dead money. If you have at 25-27 you are actually at 31-33ish, way too much.

Regardless of the outcome, Tom has become a self-promoting media whore. Hes maximizing all the angles here. I'm ok with it but let's call it like it is.
upload_2020-3-11_12-41-8.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back