PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Tom Brady rumor thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Home Alone 3 is the Marcus Mariota of kids movies.
Clearly, this is the one with all of the untapped potential. Kind of like The Godfather part III.

Is it wrong if I'd like to see Brady take a huge sloppy dump on your GTS?

You get triggered? Even so, the fact you’d be into watching such a thing...hey you do you man.

I always reference it as “the way movies should be made” and contrast it to the ****ty comedies and non-animated kids movies made today.
Yep. We watch that and another great comedy X-Mas Vacation every Thanksgiving weekend.

Kids are getting older now...can't let the tradition die. Besides.... I like the movies

Clearly, this is the one with all of the untapped potential. Kind of like The Godfather part III.
I don't think I've ever been more disappointed in a movie than GF3.

...which is why it was just a bad dream. Never happened.

I've said it a bunch this offseason and I'll repeat it again. When Tom Brady re signs with the Pats he is bringing Amari Cooper with him. Its the logical play. Pats get a number 1 without giving up assets.

Huh? What are you talking about? Godfather 3 doesn't exist. If they want to make a godfather trilogy thats all well and good but I don't think there's been any plans to make a 3rd movie for decades. Never existed. Godfather 3 is in the same category as Shazam with Sinbad.

I'll still go with my Gut Tom is not back.
If he is its no more than a 16 mill a season 2 year deal
I could be wrong, but I think he was the 14th highest paid QB last season at somewhere around 23m.

It’s hard for me to imagine any kind of deal that isn’t at least similar in terms of pay. I can’t envision a scenario where he’d play for 16m dollars.

Agree but not sure they have the cap space to do that.
History has shone time and again that Bill does not need a lot of cap space to improve the roster. Probably one of the best examples was getting Brandon Cooks on the last year of his deal for a #1 and then trading him for a #1 to the Rams who ended up giving him his huge contract. Of course there is the draft as well when the Pats drafted both Hernandez and Gronk in 2010 after a dismal 2009 campaign. I mean we are talking about Belichick here. He does not go out and spend a ton of money anyways. Gilmore has been the biggest splash he has made recently and that deal now looks like a steal given he is the best CB in the league. And of course we do have a boat load of draft picks with the 4 comp picks being awarded yesterday. If Bill wants to improve this team he can and will but the bigger question is does he want to do that for Brady right now or start over? No one really knows. But there is no question in my mind that he can. He is the best team builder in the business.

I'll still go with my Gut Tom is not back.
If he is its no more than a 16 mill a season 2 year deal
$16 million? So Tom Brady will accept half of what top QBs play for? Not a hope in hell he signs for $16 million!

It's now been 2 months since this saga has begun and despite FIFTY six pages of rumors we are still just speculating and worrying about scenarios that are beyond our control.

I have another week before this even hits my radar.

History has shone time and again that Bill does not need a lot of cap space to improve the roster. Probably one of the best examples was getting Brandon Cooks on the last year of his deal for a #1 and then trading him for a #1 to the Rams who ended up giving him his huge contract. Of course there is the draft as well when the Pats drafted both Hernandez and Gronk in 2010 after a dismal 2009 campaign. I mean we are talking about Belichick here. He does not go out and spend a ton of money anyways. Gilmore has been the biggest splash he has made recently and that deal now looks like a steal given he is the best CB in the league. And of course we do have a boat load of draft picks with the 4 comp picks being awarded yesterday. If Bill wants to improve this team he can and will but the bigger question is does he want to do that for Brady right now or start over? No one really knows. But there is no question in my mind that he can. He is the best team builder in the business.
Agree.

The poster talked about Brady and Cooper and I'm speculate that those two will be looking for $30m guaranteed each. No way Bill does that for a WR

Agree.

The poster talked about Brady and Cooper and I'm speculate that those two will be looking for $30m guaranteed each. No way Bill does that for a WR
Yeah. Probably not but then again we have very little money tied up in our skill positions. I assume we will not be signing most of our high FAs which will open up space and of course we can also restructure some guys. But Bill really does not spend like that on WR but if he wants Brady, he might.

BB's principals will not allow him to do that.
My hope is that we keep as much of the defense together as possible. Find a kicker as Ghost IMO is done. Improve the STs return game. And then look at getting a couple of TEs and a legit WR. We have to do these things with or without Brady. Of course if Stidham is the guy then we have a ton of money to play with but a huge question mark at the most important position.

Oh and please do not get Mariota or Dalton. Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back