PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Tom Brady rumor thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol...dude, are you serious? Shanahan is the best coach in the league besides Belichick. He didn't screw up SB51. He had some questionable playcalls in TWO series in the Super Bowl 54...probably 3-4 playcalls were questionable in passing instead of running. In both SB51 and SB54, his masterful playcalling was the reason his teams were there.
I get your premise, but Shanahan is not a better coach than Harbaugh, Reid, Skinny Pete, Doug Pederson, McDermott or Rivera. However, I do like Shanny a lot.

If the great Jimmy G hits an open Sanders they win the SB or hell if jimmy hit Kittle wide open multiple times before they win the game

I'm not saying Jimmy G isn't partially responisble for their Super Bowl collapse. But the play calling was very questionable.

Belichick seems determined to run Brady out of town.

Apparently Tom wants to stay but BB won't commit.

Looks like he is determined to oust Brady, start Stidham and hog all the credit for the championships to himself.

Ego much?

Then again will BB be able to win any championships again without an elite QB?
Max doesn't know anything. When Ben Affleck was on the show, he laughed at Kellerman when he said Brady forced Jimmy G out. Their exchange was hillarious when Max responded that their were "reports". Affleck responded that he knows what it's like to have "reports" about him.

I get your premise, but Shanahan is not a better coach than Harbaugh, Reid, Skinny Pete, Doug Pederson, McDermott or Rivera. However, I do like Shanny a lot.
Because they have won Super Bowls, Harbaugh, Carroll, Reid and Pederson are better at this time. However, Pederson is trending in the wrong direction. McDermott is not a better coach than Shanahan. He hasn't done s**t. Rivera has coached longer but Shanahan will surpass him.

Move my rock and wake me up when Brady signs something somewhere.

Because they have won Super Bowls, Harbaugh, Carroll, Reid and Pederson are better at this time. However, Pederson is trending in the wrong direction. McDermott is not a better coach than Shanahan. He hasn't done s**t. Rivera has coached longer but Shanahan will surpass him.
Not necessarily. Wentz has been injured since he’s been in the league, and Pederson has kept them afloat in both 2018 & this year. They won a playoff game & even kept it close in their second game against the Saints last year. Need I mention their SB?...against NE...? Completely out coached BB without Wentz. Then this season, damn near their entire team was on IR & they STILL won their division. Lastly, I agree that Shanahan may very well surpass Rivera one day, but Rivera is currently the better overall football coach.

bb working in trades? What trades do you think?

In the FA/Trade thread, I pointed out two OL who are expected to be available (Cordy Glenn, Trai Turner) for trade, and Glenn is reportedly going to get cut if he can't be traded.

In the FA/Trade thread, I pointed out two OL who are expected to be available (Cordy Glenn, Trai Turner) for trade, and Glenn is reportedly going to get cut if he can't be traded.
With the way that this team has struggled with drafting WRs, I’d much rather see that position bolstered via free agency, and an OL taken in the draft, if we’re talking about ways to improve the offense.

Of course, it’s supposed to be a deep draft at both positions, so I’m kind of hoping to see some cheap talent added at the end of April, regardless.

With the way that this team has struggled with drafting WRs, I’d much rather see that position bolstered via free agency, and an OL taken in the draft, if we’re talking about ways to improve the offense.

Of course, it’s supposed to be a deep draft at both positions, so I’m kind of hoping to see some cheap talent added at the end of April, regardless.

There is going to be very little cap room to sign anyone of note if the Pats sign Brady...they are going to have to free up some space by cutting some notable players.

There is going to be very little cap room to sign anyone of note if the Pats sign Brady...they are going to have to free up some space by cutting some notable players.
If the CBA passes, it will be very easy to keep Brady's Year 1 cap hit low.

Lol...dude, are you serious? Shanahan is the best coach in the league besides Belichick. He didn't screw up SB51. He had some questionable playcalls in TWO series in the Super Bowl 54...probably 3-4 playcalls were questionable in passing instead of running. In both SB51 and SB54, his masterful playcalling was the reason his teams were there.

Such a strange argument. "Shanny screwed up because he trusted his QB to win the game."

Jimmy Garoppoflop choked either way.

"No..... Shanny should have known his choke artist QB couldn't handle the situation."

I'm not saying Jimmy G isn't partially responisble for their Super Bowl collapse. But the play calling was very questionable.

The play calling was KC selling out on the run game and forcing the JAG to throw. Jimmy failed the test.

Such a strange argument. "Shanny screwed up because he trusted his QB to win the game."

Jimmy Garoppoflop choked either way.

"No..... Shanny should have known his choke artist QB couldn't handle the situation."

Shanahan didn't go with what worked for much of the game and that was running the ball. Even Tyran Mattheu said the Chiefs were happy the Niners didn't run the ball late in the game, which suggests they could have done so effectively. They should have taken a play from Belichick's game plan vs KC.

In any event, the poster said Shanahan is the 2nd greatest coach in the NFL which is as stupid as anything I've seen here.

Shanahan didn't go with what worked for much of the game and that was running the ball. Even Tyran Mattheu said the Chiefs were happy the Niners didn't run the ball late in the game, which suggests they could have done so effectively. They should have taken a play from Belichick's game plan vs KC.

In any event, the poster said Shanahan is the 2nd greatest coach in the NFL which is as stupid as anything I've seen here.

I guess you missed the part about " selling out against the run" part of my post.

Jimmy failed miserably.

I guess you missed the part about " selling out against the run" part of my post.

Jimmy failed miserably.

Yeah, KC stopped the run so effectively they gave up a 17 yard run to Moestert late in the game when the game was still close. :rolleyes: And yes, Jimmy failed - that is not great insight. But down 24-20, with 2 mins to go at the 50 yard and 3 time outs, Shanahan calls 4 straight pass plays that resulted in incomplete, incomplete, incomplete, and sack. It looked like to me Shanahan panicked when the Niners had PLENTY of time to score what would have been the game winning TD. He should have called at least 2 runs on that series. Overall, KC allowed 144 yards and 6.4 YPC on 22 carries. If it were Bill he would have attacked their weakness more.

Last edited:

I think we’ll have more than it appears, first I belive Brady will sign 25mill per season and closer to 20 than the 30 reported.

We can clear up 17.5 million by cutting Hightower, Sanu, Gostkowski, and Burkhead. Make it 11 million by resigning Hightower to 6.5 mill per year. Clear up another 10 million by reconstructing Gilmore, Edelman, and Mason.

You should read your own comments...don’t have to go back too far. Didn’t you just insist that Brady was saying “he’s not” and arrogantly double down before the audio proved you wrong?

Shanahan is the second best coach. That’s obviously an opinion. Many would not find it to be as far fetched as yourself. I’m guessing you have absolutely no idea behind why that opinion exists, but there has been unbeknownst to you a major shift in offensive philosophy due to Shanahan merging ideas from his father’s Denver/Washington offense and a handful of modern passing game concepts, and to run the play calling on analytics. You could easily Google Shanahan’s concepts or just continue bumbling like an uninformed boob.

But, but, but, he called four passes in a row! He can’t be a good coach!!

You should read your own comments...don’t have to go back too far. Didn’t you just insist that Brady was saying “he’s not” and arrogantly double down before the audio proved you wrong?

Shanahan is the second best coach. That’s obviously an opinion. Many would not find it to be as far fetched as yourself. I’m guessing you have absolutely no idea behind why that opinion exists, but there has been unbeknownst to you a major shift in offensive philosophy due to Shanahan merging ideas from his father’s Denver/Washington offense and a handful of modern passing game concepts, and to run the play calling on analytics. You could easily Google Shanahan’s concepts or just continue bumbling like an uninformed boob.

But, but, but, he called four passes in a row! He can’t be a good coach!!

Now you are changing the goalposts in your last sentence. Nowhere did I say Shanahan was a bad coach. I merely said what the rest of America thinks and that he is not the second best coach. I'm not googling anything. If you want to prove me wrong, feel free to post anything that would justify him being 2nd best ahead of future HOFers Andy Reid and most likely John Harbaugh. For whatever reason you are sensitive to criticism about Shanahan...no idea why. Then in other posts you trash Belichick as being a nothing without Brady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST