PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The REAL Reason Moss was cut!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching Inside NFL on showtime, Moss coming off field yelling "What the hell are you doing, you don't know what your doing' at Childress

Couple that with Randy's comments in the post game press conference (without the questions) that he offered up Patriots' tendencies and formations and that they were ignored by the coaching staff, it is understandable ( not necessarily justified but understandable) why he was so pi**ed off.

For all we know he was speaking truth about the sub-bar barbecue, too.

I read somewhere that the buffet had the lowest grade of meat ($ 5 meat) and that must have ticked Moss off.. he, of course, couldn't control his tongue and raged about it ....

Watching Inside NFL on showtime, Moss coming off field yelling "What the hell are you doing, you don't know what your doing' at Childress

That's hilarious. A lazy underachieving mentally unstable dog who's never won anything in his life is yelling at his new coach on his new team.
The Vikings, like the Patriots before them, will find out that life without Fido is just fine. Chilly may be a bad coach but dumping loser Randy was a smart move.

Couple that with Randy's comments in the post game press conference (without the questions) that he offered up Patriots' tendencies and formations and that they were ignored by the coaching staff, it is understandable ( not necessarily justified but understandable) why he was so pi**ed off.

I read somewhere that Moss requested it not be made public that he was helping the coaches and then Chilly went right out and announced it during one of his pressers. Chilly is an idiot and Moss was the only one with the b*alls to call him out. For right or wrong, I think Moss quickly realized he could not coexist with Chilly.

Moss confirms what the entire NFL has known for ages. Minnesota wins in spite of Bam Bam.

It's now come out that the reason why Moss wasn't on the waiver wire right away is because Wilf was considering retaining Moss and firing Childress.

:rofl: What a train wreck that organization is.

This is why the Raiders season is going well ... a few teams wanted the negative attention this year.

seems like its pretty true:

Tinucci's Food Review

so Moss is and will always be a jerk...so what? Given that he grew up poor...I can understand his point of view as to why he would say that he doesn’t have to eat this sort of food again now that he's a rich pro athlete.

But then again...that's just me...I'm not one of those "holier than thou" people that thinks the big guys should always be nice to the little people. It's a dog eat dog world out there.

Also love how the media and national talk show hosts are all over this but you rarely ever hear about the charities (especially for children) that Moss has been involved with since being in the league...oh well...it is what it is...

Last edited:

lol...yeah...I saw that. However the word wasn't 'hell' but it did have 4 letters. ;)

seems like its pretty true:

Tinucci's Food Review

so Moss is and will always be a jerk...so what? Given that he grew up poor...I can understand his point of view as to why he would say that he doesn’t have to eat this sort of food again now that he's a rich pro athlete.

But then again...that's just me...I'm not one of those "holier than thou" people that thinks the big guys should always be nice to the little people. It's a dog eat dog world out there.

Also love how the media and national talk show hosts are all over this but you rarely ever hear about the charities (especially for children) that Moss has been involved with since being in the league...oh well...it is what it is...

You're right, he didn't have to eat it and the food may not have been Capital Grille-esque but he could have walked away and eaten elsewhere without belittling the guy. There's an adage about "being nice to people on the way up, you may need them on the way down". If it occurred as everyone is recounting, it is classless.

Last edited:
I read somewhere that the buffet had the lowest grade of meat ($ 5 meat) and that must have ticked Moss off.. he, of course, couldn't control his tongue and raged about it ....

we all know he's a complex dude. i'm sure his rant about the food really had nothing to do with the food.

This last paragraph is telling....

Sounds like Randy Moss going to the owner and loudly demand the coach be fired is not out of character for one Randy G. Moss. And that folks just kinda rolled with it.

If so than Randy Moss is basically that bat crazy uncle who would tell racist jokes at Thanksgiving in front of the kids that everyone tolerated because he was so damn funny until parents found out he introduced his 13 year old niece to her first bong. And then everyone decided enough is enough.

His willingness to call out the coaching staff would in fact make him extremely popular with teammates in the locker room, even amoung those who would never dare to do so themselves.

Since when does Randy Moss have the experience to determine who ought to be a head coach and who should not? Three weeks in a Vikings uniform working with Childress does not give him the right to go to the owner. Steve Fisher looks like a tough guy but we'll see.

Since when does Randy Moss have the experience to determine who ought to be a head coach and who should not? Three weeks in a Vikings uniform working with Childress does not give him the right to go to the owner. Steve Fisher looks like a tough guy but we'll see.

Jeff Fisher.....and yeah, we'll see. I think it might be a good fit for Moss but even at his absolute happiest (ie. here in 2007), it never lasts.

Childress is the 6th NFL head coach Moss has been under. He has also been coached by high school, college, pee wee coaches along with a bunch of offensive coordinators and assistant coaches. He has the experience and football knowledge to know who is and who is not effective at preparing a football team for a game. Included in his career the two head coaches with the two most powerful offense in NFL history. The only team to go 16-0, and one of the very few to go 15-1. He has also been on a team that went 2-14 and 4-12. He very much knows how a good team is run and how a crappy team is run.

And while Wilf, nor any owner, shouldn't make a decision on who the head coach ought be based solely on the opinion of Randy Moss, Moss certainly has more clout in his recommendation than the posters on Patsfans.com or the basketball fans who were chanting fire Childress at the Timberwolf's game.

Little question that Randy Moss is brash. Opinionated. Unwilling at times to follow generally accepted protocol. Be an ahole when dealing with authority figures he doesn't like. Just ask any parking attendant. But we knew all of this before he was traded to the Vikings. Heck we knew this before he was traded to the Patriots or Raiders. Hey we even knew this before the Vikings drafted him. It was his attitude and behavior that was the reason he wasn't drafted higher. Don't trade a 3rd round pick for Randy Moss and then cut him for acting like Randy Moss.

BTW who is Steve Fisher? Any chance he is related to Jeff Fisher the head coach of the Titans?

It Is What It Is Peter King on D&H: Only Bill Belichick can handle Randy Moss

And something that didn’t surface until after the waiver claim, is the story out of Minnesota this morning that Moss last week after the Patriots game, where he catches one ball, walks into the locker room and sees Zygi Wilf, the owner of the Vikings, and says words to the effect of, “This coach is an idiot. He’s not getting me the ball. He shouldn’t get a job in this league,” words to that effect. Childress heard about that and he heard about how reverential Moss was about Bill Belichick and the Patriots in his post game remarks, and I think he just flew off the handle. And even without checking with the Wilfs, he just said, “Enough. We can’t deal with this guy.”
To me, there’s only one coach in the NFL that can handle this guy right now. And that’s Bill Belichick. He’s the only one. But, Jeff Fisher has as good a chance as anybody else. And I believe when Moss walks in, whatever day that is, that Jeff is going to say to him, in essence, “You have a clean slate. I’m only judging you on what I see.” But I think he’s going to find some way to say, “You’ve got to leave your selfish hat checked in the coat room, man.”
They’ve taken on guys who are risky guys. But I think the one thing you’ve seen is eventually they’ve gotten rid of those guys. To me, they know they are going to have Randy Moss for two months. Randy Moss is not going to be there next year, barring something very surprising he’ll be somewhere else next year. I think Moss is going to be motivated, I don’t know how well, because he clearly wants one more contract. Right now, you’ve had two of the best teams in football of the last two years, New England and Minnesota, kick Randy Moss out. And however you turn it, the Patriots dumped Moss. They wanted him out. Which is why last week I was laughing so hard when everyone said, “Will Belichick bring him back?” Are you kidding me? You got rid of him.

But he knows that he’s got two months to earn a contract somewhere for 2011 and beyond.

I feel like only BB can really handle Moss too. But I also agree Jeff Fisher is a better bet to handle him than Brad Childress.

Also, he's "not getting me the ball". Well, it seems like it's true Randy is only happy in a winning situation in which he's the center piece. The Vikes have Adrian Peterson. They should be using him more not less.

Last edited:

LOL. I think the real reason he was complaining about the BBQ is that he hated the feeling of losing. Too bad he took it out on whatever company of the day it was.

Anyways as for Moss complaining to the owner about the coach? Well if it's TRUE, I don't see what's wrong with it. Then again this also forced Childress' hand in a way. He didn't want any more insubordination. He already has a major disconnect with Favre. He couldn't afford to keep a player who was whispering in the owner's ear to fire him!

Brad Childress was looking out for his OWN JOB when he got rid of Randy Moss. A perfectly logical decision from his point of view. However I don't think it was in the best overall interests of the Vikings organization and I think he should be fired ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes