PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The REAL Reason Moss was cut!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was a Moss fan before being a Partriot fan (now I'm a Patriot fan before I'm a Moss fan) But I still love Moss and want him to remain successful - BUT - he needs to learn to shut his mouth. I appreciate his honesty, but slamming your new coach is just stupid. We all know Moss isn't eloquent by any means, but I have actually begin to wonder about his mental state. That all said, I like him on the Titans, seems like it could be a good fit.

Brad Childress is so slimy. If he was sincere in his intent to stock his roster exclusively with "good people," then he would have enforced his "policy" (for lack of a better word) by cutting Moss loose immediately after the catering incident--not as a clear reaction to Sunday's fiasco.

Brad Childress is so slimy. If he was sincere in his intent to stock his roster exclusively with "good people," then he would have enforced his "policy" (for lack of a better word) by cutting Moss loose immediately after the catering incident--not as a clear reaction to Sunday's fiasco.

Pretty much. And he wouldn't have begged Favre to come back. And he'd be short an exhibitionist tight end. And he'd be drafting a new left tackle....

Childress cutting Moss was just a signal to everyone else to keep their mouths shut and play the game. Dissent will NOT be tolerated, and if you want to speak your mind, then you'll find yourself out of a job toute suite.

Childress is a martinet using fear to replace the respect he isn't getting. I've seen officers and senior NCO's like that in the military, but fortunately never had to serve under one. It makes for a LOUSY work environment.

I can't feel sorry for Childress. He is so moronic in every way. I will never get out of my head how he came out and said, "We knew the Patriots wanted Percy Harvin" and some other rubbish. How coan someone coach as bad as he, handle the off field problems as bad as he, still have a job?

Keyshawn was hilarious today describing the worst 5 coaches and the top 5 coaches on Cowlherd the deutsch's show today.

This really isn't anything that we couldn't have surmised from the postgame presser.

This really isn't anything that we couldn't have surmised from the postgame presser.

From his postgame presser you could surmise that he told the owner to fire Childress? :bricks:

Report: Moss told Wilf that Childress had to go - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

It wasn't about yelling at the lunch lady. It wasn't about not giving 100% on a play.

Moss told the owner that Childress was a bad coach.

Zygi-Wilf-Vikings-nfl.jpg
groucho_marx301.jpg

It's now come out that the reason why Moss wasn't on the waiver wire right away is because Wilf was considering retaining Moss and firing Childress.

:rofl: What a train wreck that organization is.

It's now come out that the reason why Moss wasn't on the waiver wire right away is because Wilf was considering retaining Moss and firing Childress.

:rofl: What a train wreck that organization is.

Ha, it doesn't surprise me. Where did you hear that?

Ha, it doesn't surprise me. Where did you hear that?

On Sportscenter just now. It's what they were leading off with. That organization is so screwed.

This last paragraph is telling....

"I guess some people didn't know how to take on that personality," said veteran offensive tackle Bryant McKinnie, who played with Moss during both of his Vikings stops. "When I got here the first time, he was already here and everybody was used to him. So for him to come back to this team and the whole new coaching staff probably didn't know how to take on such a strong personality."

Sounds like Randy Moss going to the owner and loudly demand the coach be fired is not out of character for one Randy G. Moss. And that folks just kinda rolled with it.

If so than Randy Moss is basically that bat crazy uncle who would tell racist jokes at Thanksgiving in front of the kids that everyone tolerated because he was so damn funny until parents found out he introduced his 13 year old niece to her first bong. And then everyone decided enough is enough.

His willingness to call out the coaching staff would in fact make him extremely popular with teammates in the locker room, even amoung those who would never dare to do so themselves.

The first thought that came to mind when I heard this story was Dave Chappelle's sketch "When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong."

The next thought is the owner likely dismissed Moss's comments as stating the obvious. Likely the only individual who does not consider Chilly to be a bad coach is Chilly.

Last edited:
Come on; the real reason was that Childress had his poor sensitive feelings hurt. Poor pooky. It was a churlish and stupid thing for Childress to do and he is sure to lose his job for wasting a 3'd on Randy.

The whole thing about Randy not trying was just an excuse....

Chilly is an awful coach. Maybe it's unprofessional for Moss to say it, especially to the owner, but the truth has to count for something. Going from BB to Chilly is quite the drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick