PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Published Wells Report.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I had a press conference and it didn't go well and even thee WH press secretary makes comments on how bad it was and I knew I had nothing to hide I would make my electronic documents available to the investigator. That's all I am saying. I like Brady and I don't think he is stupid but I don't think he has handle this well and his life after the SB. People are calling for a 4 game suspension for him, a loss of draft choices, fines for Belicheck and Kraft even though both were cleared because it happen under their watch. There are more fans that think the Pats are bad than there are that think the Pats are great. I hope there aren't any penalties to anyone and I hope this doesn't take Brady a second vote into HOF.

By the way if you think I am a terrorist and I am not I would give you my cell phone. But you could only look at certain subject data the same offer made to Brady.
Tom Brady is an NFL QB. He is not the second-coming of Ronald Regan or Bill Clinton. People need to cut him some slack.

The NFLPA told him to clam up. The problem is the Brady cannot say that as it would make him look like he is hiding. The problem is that the optics are awful.

Yo rainman.

Ignorance isn't an excuse. See Sean Payton. Payton said he didn't know what Willaims was doing and still got 1 year from the NFL. The punishment phase is coming and BB is responsible for everything Patriots.

Wake up.
BB is not in charge of game day operations. McNally does not organizationally report to Belichick. BB and the team were found of no wrongdoing.

BB is clear on many levels.

Last edited:
As the dawn begins on day 2, I have scoured the news for any Brady comments, he remains silent.

But I do notice just about every national news outlet has some reference to, "Brady ... cheating" and something to do with the Patriots.. even our village idiot Borges is piling on.

I think Brady needs to say something, not sure what, but he needs to provide some clarity as to his mindset about the findings.. I still believe, until I hear something from Brady contradictory, that he did not tell them to deflate the balls..

Wonder if guys like Rogers, who has admitted to overinflating, will come to his aid?? Probably not...
This is Kraft's gift to Brady for all that Brady has done to put billions into Kraft's pockets. Way to stand up there, Bobby. It's good to have a guy as stout as Jellyfish Bob at your back

This is Kraft's gift to Brady for all that Brady has done to put billions into Kraft's pockets. Way to stand up there, Bobby. It's good to have a guy as stout as Jellyfish Bob at your back

I really, really want to believe that Bob is working behind the scenes to influence Goody and the rest of the league office gestapo to leave Brady alone and not taking the war to the streets but I wonder....

On the surface, he is leaving him hanging.

Deus Irae said:
The evidence has been posted time after time. The text messages are evidence. McNally going to the bathroom is evidence. The report, with it's findings of fact, is evidence.

Again, you being willfully ignorant of what constitutes evidence, even after having a definition provided to you, is not the same as there being no evidence.

Jesus , piss is now evidence.

Funny that the boy that carries the balls , he can remove them from the bag, deflate them and put them all back in less than 90 seconds while the judges can not measure 24 balls (I repeat , measure only) in a whole game break ...

Exchange messages between you and me is evidence that Brady broke a rule?

If they had Brady sending messages to one of them they would have present this proof in this ´´report`` . This is not evidence for this case. It may be for other, not for this .

After a day of reflection, the only thing I can say definitively: the one and only person whose handling of this situation I find adequate is Bill Belichick.

If I had a press conference and it didn't go well and even thee WH press secretary makes comments on how bad it was and I knew I had nothing to hide I would make my electronic documents available to the investigator. That's all I am saying. I like Brady and I don't think he is stupid but I don't think he has handle this well and his life after the SB. People are calling for a 4 game suspension for him, a loss of draft choices, fines for Belicheck and Kraft even though both were cleared because it happen under their watch. There are more fans that think the Pats are bad than there are that think the Pats are great. I hope there aren't any penalties to anyone and I hope this doesn't take Brady a second vote into HOF.

By the way if you think I am a terrorist and I am not I would give you my cell phone. But you could only look at certain subject data the same offer made to Brady.

The problem is that TB probably knew it was a witch hunt from the beginning and knew it was lose lose for him. I'm sure Wells' initial request was something like "we want you to tell us about your illegal activities." TB knew that this investigation was not about finding the truth. I wouldn't have cooperated either.

The crazy thing about this whole mess is that Florio while not 100% backing the pats is very critical of the league handling of this. At least he isn't piling on like other morons.
Also I'll won't be watching ESPN or NFL network for like two weeks, suggest everyone do the same to maintain sanity

Florio was surprisingly defensive of Brady this morning on NFL radio (Sirius). Basically said that while he believes that Brady had knowledge about the balls and what was going on with them, the Wells report doesn't have any conclusive evidence whatsoever and nothing to substantiate a punishment for him. I'd be inclined to agree but this is Roger Goodell we're talking about here so a suspension is probably imminent.

Deus Irae said:
The evidence has been posted time after time. The text messages are evidence. McNally going to the bathroom is evidence. The report, with it's findings of fact, is evidence.

Again, you being willfully ignorant of what constitutes evidence, even after having a definition provided to you, is not the same as there being no evidence.

Jesus , piss is now evidence.

Funny that the boy that carries the balls , he can remove them from the bag, deflate them and put them all back in less than 90 seconds while the judges can not measure 24 balls (I repeat , measure only) in a whole game break ...

Exchange messages between you and me is evidence that Brady broke a rule?

If they had Brady sending messages to one of them they would have present this proof in this ´´report`` . This is not evidence for this case. It may be for other, not for this .

The text messages are evidence. McNally going to the bathroom is evidence.

That "evidence" is not proof of guilt; it is relevant information used in forming an opinion.

so how many times does McNally express a dislike for Tom Brady?

Seem like there is some hate there, seems like there is an expressed desire to undermine the football player

the only conclusion that can be drawn from the texts

does Goodell actually believe the league is somehow going to benefit by railroading Brady?

The text messages are evidence. McNally going to the bathroom is evidence.

That "evidence" is not proof of guilt; it is relevant information used in forming an opinion.

an opinion that McNally hates Brady and wanted to mess with him?

It's quite obvious that Peter King lacks critical thinking and reading comprehension skills
I trust you realize most of these "journalists" tow party lines to keep their good standing with Head Office.

Has all the local news been as bad as Channel 5? Wow. Last night, Heather Unrue (sp?) mentioned the three guys and says the league has texts "between all three."

Are there texts between Brady and McNally, because if there are, then that's a brutal indictment of Brady lying?

This may seem like a minor journalistic mistake, and it is almost certainly just a sloppy slip-up, but that kind of slip-up is exactly the thing that destroys characters. When people subsequently hear that Brady denied knowing McNally, they will recall Heather saying "he was texting the guy!!!!!"

Terrible, terrible, terrible. And Mike Lynch was a smarmy d-bag last night.

And how is the 16psi after the Jets game not even worth a remark?

And one more thing: It's pretty clear that the texts between Jastremski and McNally were blunt, as in, neither of the guys expected those texts to go any further. Given that, the contents are really weak sauce. Is this really the biggest smoking gun they could find in what must have been hundreds of texts?

Florio was surprisingly defensive of Brady this morning on NFL radio (Sirius). Basically said that while he believes that Brady had knowledge about the balls and what was going on with them, the Wells report doesn't have any conclusive evidence whatsoever and nothing to substantiate a punishment for him. I'd be inclined to agree but this is Roger Goodell we're talking about here so a suspension is probably imminent.
The point Florio and others are missing is that the report has NO evidence of any wrong doing, much less "conclusive." There is nothing wrong with a QB having a preference for the ball to be a certain way. The officials are responsible to insure the game balls meet whatever spec and any mid week or pre game prep a team may do is totally irrelavent. Prior to submittal to the officials, the team can do anything they want with the balls.

an opinion that McNally hates Brady and wanted to mess with him?

In my case, it's evidence that Brady came down hard on Jastremski after the Jets game and so, yeah, McNally was pissed...and goofing around.

Again, neither I nor Deus are claiming that this is "evidence" of wrongdoing. Deus is calling everything introduced "evidence."

It's a semantic confusion on this board, nothing more, and nothing to get excited about.

The point Florio and others are missing is that the report has NO evidence of any wrong doing, much less "conclusive." There is nothing wrong with a QB having a preference for the ball to be a certain way. The officials are responsible to insure the game balls meet whatever spec and any mid week or pre game prep a team may do is totally irrelavent. Prior to submittal to the officials, the team can do anything they want with the balls.

Maybe you missed what point he was making, but that's basically what he said. Of course, being Florio, he also had to toss his personal opinion out there (that Brady probably knew about it anyway), but that was after he stated that the report was basically a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back