PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Patriots are the biggest "Evil Empire" in sports, according to Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love it.......I should know,

I was there for the first 42 years of misery -- we weren't even lovable losers, just losers, period. Nobody cared, nobody came to the games.

Prior to the snow bowl victory, we had one stinking home playoff game, one if 42 years and were blown out by Dan "spaghetti legs" Pastorini and the Houston Oilers!!

This is way the F more fun.......
Give Bob Kraft a call. He'll definitely appreciate you.

bill.belichick.hate.memes.17.jpg

Exactly.
No Yankees or Warriors have gone on murder sprees!
The joke is obvious. That we know of.:)

To the OP, the opposite of hate is not love. It is indifference. I have been a fan since about 1976. Being hated is better than being a laughing stock.

Not quite. They found all tweets (as in, all from the whole website) with the phrase "evil empire" and a pro sports team name and counted them up. There was no conscious participation on the part of those whose tweets became the data.

Thanks for the actual info, and correction.
And, I find myself comforted by the science in their analysis.

Not sure about that. He's basically still a rookie since his true rookie season got cut short.

Thats my point. He hasn't gone thru a full season. We still need to see how he adjusts to the pitchers adjusting to him and how he adjusts to that.

Bring It! We're On To Six, Seven, Eight......

Not all that surprising, but Golden State has done more to harm parity in the NBA than The Pats have in the NFL... way more. They literally signed a Top 3 player (KD) to a line up already responsible for winning 73 games last year!!!

Whats new? They hate us cause they ain't us.

Prior to the snow bowl victory, we had one stinking home playoff game, one if 42 years and were blown out by Dan "spaghetti legs" Pastorini and the Houston Oilers!!

1996, but your overall point still stands. It's way fun being the Final Boss.

Regards,
Chris

The joke is obvious. That we know of.:)

To the OP, the opposite of hate is not love. It is indifference. I have been a fan since about 1976. Being hated is better than being a laughing stock.

aaah, someone who remembers the Toilet Bowl, when the patriots and colts played for the right to make the first draft choice.

Of course they are. Who else? There are other teams to hate, certainly -- Golden State most obviously. But the key word is *empire*.

The Patriots are the one and only American sports dynasty of the 21st Century. Fans of the other 31 teams have been sick and tired of the Pats since roughly 2004. And despite the best efforts of the league office, those bastids just won't stop winning.

Last edited:
Whatever..

hangover.gif

I love it.......I should know,

I was there for the first 42 years of misery -- we weren't even lovable losers, just losers, period. Nobody cared, nobody came to the games.

WTF are you talking about? We beat Pitsburg in the fog bowl and Jacksonville the week after. And Miami in a wildcard.

Whatever..

hangover.gif

I made that motion a couple years ago about something and was told it was sexual harassment. I corrected them and said I was shooting craps, and told them they should get their minds out of the gutter.

Pro tip...

tenor.gif

So let me get this straight. Twitter has how may BILLIONS of users and 4 thousand thought the Pats were the "evil empire" and I'm supposed to get upset at that? :rolleyes: This is TWITTER for gods sake. What good comes out of twitter? Besides Patriot hater trolls probably all voted 400 times.....a day.

What's interesting about this is that, back when the 'Boys were regularly winning everything in sight, they were "America's Team". When the Niners had their dynasty period, Montana and Rice were widely beloved.

But the Pats' dynasty is the "Evil Empire" and the only reason for their success is that they "cheat".

Sure, it's partly Goodell, but it's mostly media framing. Seems like an odd shift in approach.

Nothing will ever come close to the Yankees. They'll always be the one and only Evil Empire in sports. Even when they're not on occasion.

One of those occasions when they weren't evil was when they were up 3-0 to the Sox and had the greatest choke in pro sports history. Most of the world enjoyed them then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back