PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

***The official Week 1 OTHER GAMES thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved watching it.... As usual my teams wins a nail biter! For a QB playing his first game that's a big win!!! And please, talking about a home field advantage as if pats don't enjoy that a bit....

I loved watching it.... As usual my teams wins a nail biter! For a QB playing his first game that's a big win!!! And please, talking about a home field advantage as if pats don't enjoy that a bit....
ya was a pretty good game, cant wait for this weekend.

if gano was shooting the Rifle , Harambe would still be alive

Last edited:
ya was a pretty good game, cant wait for this weekend.

if gano was shooting the Rifle , Harambe would still be alive
Oh yeah, that game was up for grabs..before they iced him Hanoi boomed that first kick through.. I feel a missed fg to win means that was just a lucky win....

I think denver is a much better tean than we all think.

No point in predicting anything after a single game.. I guess we will have a better idea of who they are in October. That being said my instant reaction was the opposite of yours: "Meh".

They required tons of convenient fumbles, drops and ****ups of opponents to even somehow stumble into the playoffs last year and didn't seem to get better since then.

It's only the first game but Von Miller became his usual inconsistent self after last year's impressive 3 game playoff run. Fortunately, he is now relatively overpaid and a burden on the Broncos cap unless he can show up with this top performance for more than 3-4 games a year.

They have the making of a solid wildcard team but in that volatile division it might still be enough to get on top.

But that's a hot take after a single game so whatever. Lets see how things develop in the first 2-4 games.

**** the Broncos.

so spoiled watching Brady and the 2 minute drill....If the panthers showed any sense of urgency in the last 5 minutes of that game, that 50 yard attempt for the win is probably a 30 yard attempt or better.

Wow those were clear penalties. You can't hit the qb in the head like that

So go hop on the f**king denver bandwagon then.

As for not winning a game on the road in the playoffs, such a f**cking weak and lame troll job by you. First off they've won on the road, beat San Diego in '06. Secondly they've played only 5 F*CKING road games since'04. Not there fault they take care of business during the regular season and get home field advantage
Yup, forgot about SD...

I have never seen a team get those last-second wins like Denver the last couple of years. Good teams find a way to win, but it always seems like other teams find a way to lose against the Donkeys.

They're good again. Why would anyone be surprised?

That said, it's the home opener for the banner team - most of those games, regardless of the opposition, aren't all that close.

play it at full speed. not slow motion. Any football hit looks hard in slow motion.

Cam will probably pass the concussion protocol and play next week and people will still cry.

League's Official Player Safety Rules | NFL.com
4. Protection While Out of Pocket. When the passer goes outside the pocket area and either continues moving with the ball (without attempting to advance the ball as a runner) or throws while on the run, he loses the protection of the one-step rule and the provision regarding low hits, but he remains covered by all other special protections afforded to a passer in the pocket. If a passer outside the pocket stops behind the line and clearly establishes a passing posture, he is covered by all of the special protections.

Or Carolina isn't as good as people make them out to be. Denver's defense is legit, but still don't think they're as good as last season, but will see.

Both teams are good, we just watched a great opening game last night. Not 2015 good but the Broncos kept up the same pace they played the playoffs and Carolina played a good game in a hostile environment playing against 12 and they lost on a missed FG.

Both teams are good, not like last year yet but still contenders.

• Agree
Reactions: jah
Wow those were clear penalties. You can't hit the qb in the head like that

And what the lovely troll in this thread fails to realize is the concussion protocol should have been utilized DURING THE GAME. Especially after the what, 3rd hit to the head? And LOL at saying "it's in slow motion". Is he dense? Doesn't matter what motion it was...if it's a hit to the head...it is what it is. God.

you realize the play you are complaining about..... had an offensive face mask penalty on it? So even if they did call it, would have offset.
You're right. The refs didn't miss anything committed against Denver

Health permitting, we got the Broncos ..... provided our OL can block them.

Why are you people bothering to argue with that dirt snake? He's a troll and he isn't even a funny one. That makes him as useless as tits on a Boar.

Denver has a chance to scrap out wins with just really good D and timely scoring every week. I didn't get to watch the whole game but their STs didn't seem to be special and obviously their QB is bad.

Denver will again be in the playoffs and a tough out. Also in their own house they are very tough to beat with arguably the biggest HFA in football.

I thought Siemen played all right but he was helped by Anderson. That won't happen against the Patriots.

Both teams are good, we just watched a great opening game last night.
Actually, we don't really know if they're good or not. Could turn out they're both mediocre. Or good. Or bad. Very hard to tell week one.

I didn't think that was a great game, by any stretch. It was a close game, which is usually entertaining, but a lot of it seemed pretty damned sluggish to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore