PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

**The official Super Bowl thread. **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last time GB won a superbowl it was a ST'er who won the MVP. LOL More tears down in Kiln where a media created legend is now flat out sobbing...

I'm surprised they didn't have a Favre-cam -- you know, mounted on his TV and watching his reaction to the game.

Clay Matthews is so overrated, didn't do anything tonight:rolleyes:...some people still don't know that football games in the NFL are 60 minutes.

The immortal undrafted FA Frank Zombo had 5 tackles to Clay's 3.

Last edited:
Clay Matthews is so overrated, didn't do anything tonight:rolleyes:...some people still don't know that football games in the NFL are 60 minutes.

he is good but can be taken out of the game if you want to..

The stud RB argument comes back again. Mendenhall rips off highlight runs the whole night then fumbles the football in the most key moment in the superbowl. :D

I'm surprised they didn't have a Favre-cam -- you know, mounted on his TV and watching his reaction to the game.

Probably afraid of what else they might catch him doing...

The immortal Frank Zombo had 5 tackles to Clay's 3.

because tackles in one game separate the good players from the overrated ones are:rolleyes:How many forced fumbles did Zombo have?

Last edited:
because tackles in one game separate the good players from the overrated ones are:rolleyes:How many forced fumbles did Zombo have?

Did I really need to put a :rolleyes: on that one ... :confused3:

He did have a sack and 2 TFL's ... just saying.

Last edited:
Has the winner of a Super Bowl ever punted the ball 6 times in the game while scoring over 30 points?

Masthay 6 / 243 yards.

whats your guys opinions on rodgers now? I think hes got what it takes to be great. Best qb performance in the past decade?

Better than Ben today.
Funny, the yappers saying it is the start of a new dynasty.
might as well blow up rodgers too,
Best QB Prafermance By a QB EVAR@W!!!!@!

Just kidding.
He got it done, congrats to GB fans.
Classy guy, I like that he never once spoke up about Favre.
I was sick of hearing about Favre, from Vermont.
Imagine how Rodgers must have felt?
Showed character and discipline there.

The Mendenhall fumble turned the game around. I was positive the Steelers were going to take the lead and run away with this game until that

Some day you will realize that nobody wins all the time. Be thankful we've won more than anyone in the last decade PLUS and we ain't done yet with Belichick, Brady, several probowlers including youngsters who could be around awhile and 6 freakin draft picks in the top 90 still to come...

I am not expecting to win all the time...only when we are supposed to. That includes beating the Jets in the AFCDG, the Giants in 2007 SB, up 3 TD's in the 2006 AFCCG. I think we were weak in 2009 and it was a toss-up vs. Baltimore.
I share your optimism moving forward but was hoping Brady would have had 4 or 5 rings by now.

OK, but we didn't look that impressive when they nearly beat us at home with a backup during the season.

We couldn't even get past the freakin' Jets, who we killed a few weeks earlier. Let's not act like we would have iced this one had we been in the SB.

I am not taking it for granted, but I do feel like we were a little better than both teams playing tonight.

There is always the chance Ed Werder had one rolling while watching the game with Favre.

well....crap...that is all...

anyone see the similarity in the 30 yard pass play to jennings and a similar play to larry fitz 2 yrs which resulted in a TD. both times steelers D gave up crucial big plays identically.

Well Dino I have good news and bad news. The bad news is your team just lost the super bowl in heartbreaking fashion. The good news is you can still save a boatload on car insurance by switching to geico

Well Dino I have good news and bad news. The bad news is your team just lost the super bowl in heartbreaking fashion. The good news is you can still save a boatload on car insurance by switching to geico

hey...that is good news...I'll call them right now! 15 minutes is all I need...

it was a crappy way to lose the game...really was...

this is it for me...

Turnovers
Steelers 3
Packers 0

entire game right there...all the miss throws by Ben, bad coverage by defense, fumble...dropped passes, whatever...Turnovers are always the key...

-3...just not Championship football.

sorry for the loss dino..but 6 is a lot of rings to still be happy a little

thanks...7 would just be greedy anyway...lol

Yeah, steelers had the big statistical adv in my estimation, haven't looked it up but it seemed like they outgained GB by at least 100. Gotta protect the ball.

Steelers will be back we both know this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes