PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Pats Ravens AFCCG Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whose brilliant game plan was it to punt 3 times within the opponent's 40 yard line? Way to play not to lose.

Instead of starting a new thread, I'll just toss this in here....

As frustrating and as much of a let down that was, there is no team on earth, in any sport that I am more proud to be a fan of than the New England Patriots.

I get the disappointment but the blow it up now and other such feelings I see here and on twitter are baffling. There is a world of sport outside of Foxboro, the majority of which would trade an entire history for the last 12 years of New England football and we are closer to joining that majority than I'd care to think about.

Take a step back, take some perspective and be happy (not satisfied) with what we've got.

Re: After Talib went down, and Arrington took over, Patriots were done..

Sorry but you lost because we outplayed you. Period. Eat some crow. We felt like this last year except we WERE the better team. Good game but give respect where its due.

Pats outplayed Ravens 1st half and started 3rd qtr well, easy drop on 3rd down by welker turned the game around. And yes from that point we got outplayed.

I'm done with brady......I'm convinced his offenses will fall flat on their faces any time an opposing defense decides to play rough

between the pats offense and the ravens defense, pollard was the smartest player on the field.......he know what it takes to make the pats offense run scared.

the pats played afraid on both sides of the ball, and if it was a street fight, the pats took so many lefts that it was ready to beg for a right.

an embarrassing folding of the tents, and ray lewis and ed reed get their last laugh against the pats.

between the coaching, the playing and the toughness, the pats swept them all in a pathetic manner.

I really hope brady does not hang around for another 3-4 years.....starting to remind me of the celtics big 3 in the late 80's......everyone knew it was time to move on, but nobody could.

this team will not win it all with the current scheme

I was thinking the exact same thing during and just after the game, but let's be honest with ourselves. Brady is still an elite QB and we need him. The real issue is why the heck did the team play with no urgency the entire game? We played sooo flat is was sad. Dropped passes, missed tackes. Why did this happen today? What coach didn't freak out on the team for not doing their job to the fullest. We need more Brandon Spikes on this team. Full tilt, full time.

This team lacks one thing...

Toughness. Period.

You can say this team needs this, it needs that. The simple fact is we're too soft to win a title and until the heart changes on this roster this is what we're going to get. Since this unit has been together since 10' they've won no less than 12 games every season. Obviously, that's pretty damn good.

Yet every post season they pull a dissapearing act. Wanna know why? Their softness is exposed.And once you get to the post season, your gonna face the bullies like the Giants, Ravens. etc. You have to be able to punch those teams in the mouth and until this team learns to do so this is what they'll be. An extremely talented, yet soft underachieving bunch.

This team is virtually guaranteed a spot in the playoffs next year. Why? Our division sucks, it's not getting any better. The only free agent we have is Welker/Talib. If we re-sign Talib this defense has no reason but to improve having extra time together. With that said, they have GOT to make two moves on offense.

1) Sign Mike Wallace. Why? Because this is what happens when you depend on players like Welker in championship games..They come up small. Welker is a good player, but depending on him to be the man isn't going to work, as we can obviously see. Lloyd isn't a real deep threat, Wallace is. If you had Wallace-Lloyd-Welker at WR this offense would finally be unstoppable.

2) build a real offensive line. I'm tired of getting together JAGS. Dante gets it done with them in the season, but the post season is a whole other story. Maybe if we gave him good, TOUGH offensive linemen, we wouldn't get pushed around so much in the big games.

3) Add another DE opposite Jones, add an interior pass rusher, that's all this defense needs...Talentwise. I don't know how or who or where they're going to find it, but we need a leader on defense, someone that is going to pick the unit up. We lack that bigtime right now.

Folks, we're right freaking there. :mad:

Can someone explain the Ridley "fumble"?

I will be accused of being a Homer but I watched that in regular and slow motion and it looked to me like his left knee was down before the ball came out.

Hernandez and Welker are pretty much the same player......

Whose brilliant game plan was it to punt 3 times within the opponent's 40 yard line? Way to play not to lose.

Seriously. They were on the ropes in the first half and we let them get away it.

Even without Gronk, it scares me how the Patriots only scored 13 points in a home game.

The Patriots have one of the top 3 if not the best offense in the entire league this year, and yet, 13 points...

Sorry but you lost because we outplayed you. Period. Eat some crow. We felt like this last year except we WERE the better team. Good game but give respect where its due.

Ravens lost all my respect when Suggs flapped his gums and called us pricks

Brady cannot do everything. It's sad and kinda ignorant seeing so much blame being put on him.

As everyone has been saying we played soft tonight and we dont have the WR's we need dont be shocked if our draft is the hard hitting safety matt elam in the first Quinton Patton in the 2nd tharold Simon in the 3rd another WR in the 7th and kapron lewis moore in the 7th with the signing of armond armstead. another WR would be Terrance Williams but im not sure if he would last until the late second and i probably wouldnt take him late 1st

Re: Coming up small in a big game..........Again!

Another golden opportunity flushed down the ****ter.

Just WTF.....no emotion, no energy, flat.... where are our playmakers? Do we have anyone capable of playing big in a big game or is it Brady or bust? And in no way is Brady off the hook....Too many mediocre playoff performances lately.

Our best cover man goes out almost immediately a week after losing our best offensive weapon.

Our RB knocks himself out (and the team's last hope) with the game on the line. Although I still don't know if that was a fumble.

Too many dropped passes...... no one on defense capable of making a game changing play. Ty Law, Rodney Harrison and Willie McGinest aren't walking through the door any time soon.

I have no idea what the hell kind of game planning they did on either side of the ball. Ever notice the team beating the Patriots usually sticks with what they do best and don't try to reinvent the wheel. The game planning in the playoffs the last few years has been abysmal.

So congrats Baltimore for playing a very mediocre game against a team that couldn't give it away fast enough. In no way am I going to be following the SB hype or possibly even the game itself thanks the those whiny douchebags known as the Harbough brothers. And speaking of doucebags, screw Ray Lewis and his never ending pay attention to me tour.2 SBs and 2 AFCCGs casually pissed away in the last eight years thanks to playing and coaching scared.

Rant over.

hahahaha. Suggs was right. You arragant SOB's. Give respect where its due. WE OUT PLAYED YOU!!!!!! You are still in shock. How do u think we felt last year? Thats what i thought. Have a lovely evening. :) SUPERBOWL BABBBYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!! HAURGHBOWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

not having gronk, talib and jones (really did nothing tonight) really hurt us. I don't want to blame it on injuries..but those 3 not seeing major time killed us IMO

Let's just get healthy and start fresh next year

Re: C'mon Bill. Show a little class.

If any other coach declined the interview nothing would be said. But because it is Belichick it will be a story for the next week.

nah. we have to accept that we are not relevant "for the next week" after tonight.

That killed me too. It's like BB was playing too much into the risk/reward. Sometimes you just need go out there and kick it.

apparently your turned the tv on for the 2nd half only. pats dominated the first half

Oh and Suggs is just needling them (and us probably more so) obviously. Its all part of the Baltimore trash talking they always do. I can't stand the guy, but he's talented and can back up his talk. And his team went balls to the wall to win that AFC Championship. Wish I could say the same for our team.

I never thought I'd say this but I agree. When Ridley went down, I knew it was lost, and even if we had made a comeback and pulled a win, we'd be severely handicapped against the 49ers. And to most... at least losing in the AFCCG means that Brady is still above .500 in the SB.

Re: Coming up small in a big game..........Again!

hahahaha. Suggs was right. You arragant SOB's. Give respect where its due. WE OUT PLAYED YOU!!!!!! You are still in shock. How do u think we felt last year? Thats what i thought. Have a lovely evening. :) SUPERBOWL BABBBYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!! HAURGHBOWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

We got outplayed, but calling someone an arrogant SOB is an very arrogant SOB thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back