PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Lions Pre-Season Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the lack of practice is catching up with the Pats. They've only practice twice in the past week and have taken two days off after every game (yeah, I know they're in the film room). I know the Texans have had a much more rigorous camp/practice schedule with far fewer days off (they're on the practice field the day after a game) and two a day practices. Seems like BB has eased up on the boys this year and it shows on the field. Too many play action bites, overrun plays and wiffed tackles.

Impressed w/ Kenbrell, good routes good hands, forgot about the drop and stepped up his game, he also has a stone cold cool look about em. We need that in the PO's...:cool:

One of my takeaways, is that we probably are going to be shopping waiver wire for depth at TE (Ballard is gimp and was manhandled blocking tonight, Hoom lacks talent and Fells/Gronk are injured, I think one of the first two is gone), depth at DL, as well as depth on the Oline. So maybe 3 guys.. Perhaps a trade for a late round draft pick.

I can see little meaning in this pre-season nonsense, but Bill always seems to take losses pretty seriously.

If they're going to turn the ball over and play soft, I'd just as soon see them get their ass kicked by a tough (stupid too) team. It's preseason. Better to give BB that stick than to see that all season.

I think Sudfeld already made this team some time ago...he got some REAL NFL cold hard facts tonight...you put the ball on the ground , you are NOT FOR LONG in the game

GRONK epically screwed up in the Cleveland game his rookie season, and he spent a lot of time in the doghouse after. . . . :rolleyes:

I can see little meaning in this pre-season nonsense, but Bill always seems to take losses pretty seriously.

His look of utter contempt for everyone at the postgame presser just now was much more intense than usual.

Reporter: "Bill, why did you use just 2 quarterbacks tonight?"

BB: (look of utter contempt) "We used 2 quarterbacks."

His look of utter contempt for everyone at the postgame presser just now was much more intense than usual.

Reporter: "Bill, why did you use just 2 quarterbacks tonight?"

BB: (look of utter contempt) "We used 2 quarterbacks."

He's pissed. I would be too if I was the head coach of a team that performed like that tonight.

After the beat down by the Gnats in those SB's you'd really hope for some kick ***, seek and destroy, smash in the face playing. Some times I think they are getting there, and then ehh. But, I do realize this was not a cohesive starting line up. I'm just a typical emotional driven fan. An unhappy one at the moment. I know this is a good team, just want to see meanness.

After the beat down by the Gnats in those SB's you'd really hope for some kick ***, seek and destroy, smash in the face playing. Some times I think they are getting there, and then ehh. But, I do realize this was not a cohesive starting line up. I'm just a typical emotional driven fan. An unhappy one at the moment. I know this is a good team, just want to see meanness.

we ALL want the same thing...I watched, every chance I got, the shots of BB on the sideline...it's obvious he could care less about anything but getting looks at different personnel packages in basic vanilla formations...meanwhile this complete freakin' idiot on the other sideline is stunting D linemen and gap blitzing the entire 4th quarter, calling friggin timeouts up 35 points...total douchebag...makes that whacko ex Minny HC Brad Childress look like Lombardi by comparison.

We all do. But it's really not needed in the preseason but the dynasty team did bring it. I expect big things this season, but its not time to unveil anything. Almost like the pats didn't really want to play tonight like the other 2.

Agreed. Even though it's preseason, it's still hard to take. I find it difficult to avoid getting emotional even though I know these games,win or lose, mean little in reliably predicting regular season success, or lack of it. Still sucks to lose, particularly when your ass gets kicked - and it got kicked tonight.

When is the last time the Patriots played well in game 3 of the preseason?

This is at least their 4th clunker in a row.

Few thoughts:

1. 1st team offense looked good aside from the fumble by the Tight End. Pats need help at Tight End.

2. Lions have a great defensive line but their secondary is awful Brady picked it apart when he had time yesterday. Stafford is overrated he is a different qb when he's under center he's a second-tier qb in the NFC.

3. Tim Tebow could give us that help at Tight End we need. He is a student of the game and is athletic enough to make the transition. Julian Edelman made the transition why can't Tebow?

4. BB resting Tebow had more to do with him wanting to see more of Mallet and give Tebow a rest and learn more of the offense than any supposed vote of no-confidence that the media is making it out to be.

Few thoughts:

1. 1st team offense looked good aside from the fumble by the Tight End. Pats need help at Tight End.

2. Lions have a great defensive line but their secondary is awful Brady picked it apart when he had time yesterday. Stafford is overrated he is a different qb when he's under center he's a second-tier qb in the NFC.

3. Tim Tebow could give us that help at Tight End we need. He is a student of the game and is athletic enough to make the transition. Julian Edelman made the transition why can't Tebow?

4. BB resting Tebow had more to do with him wanting to see more of Mallet and give Tebow a rest and learn more of the offense than any supposed vote of no-confidence that the media is making it out to be.

Because Tebow still insists that he's a quarterback. Edelman had a full offseason (and more) to make the switch to wide receiver. If Tebow had dedicated himself to becoming a tight end a year ago, he might be ready by now. But, student of the game or not, he hasn't been willing to make that transition, and it's too late to make it now and help this year.

We already know that he can't block, and don't know if he can catch. A tight end that can't block is useless unless you know he can make great catches and get yards after the catch.

Few thoughts:

See Tim....See Tim run....See Tim throw :( Oppss....See Tim Cut, because he stinks. See Dit...See Dit leave

BB has cut players that have shown far more than TT, if he doesn't cut him it will go against his philosophy of doing what is best to put the team in a position to win maybe for the first time.

Because Tebow still insists that he's a quarterback. Edelman had a full offseason (and more) to make the switch to wide receiver. If Tebow had dedicated himself to becoming a tight end a year ago, he might be ready by now. But, student of the game or not, he hasn't been willing to make that transition, and it's too late to make it now and help this year.

We already know that he can't block, and don't know if he can catch. A tight end that can't block is useless unless you know he can make great catches and get yards after the catch.

See Tim....See Tim run....See Tim throw :( Oppss....See Tim Cut, because he stinks. See Dit...See Dit leave

BB has cut players that have shown far more than TT, if he doesn't cut him it will go against his philosophy of doing what is best to put the team in a position to win maybe for the first time.

detpatsfan is a troll. Put him on ignore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News