PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Buc's Pre-Season Game Thread

That TD to Amendola was so delicious to watch that I got the munchies just from watching it.

I they thought they would cut him why would they print and sell his jerseys even before the season started. Granted its just jerseys and business call but doesnt seem right unless they have plans to keep him.

To make money....

To make money....

Surely hope thats all it is to it. I still dont get why they got him here. BB already knew what he can ( cannot ) do.

Why dosent Tebow just retire? It is not like he has a future in football. He could make a lot more money speaking at churches all over the country. Christian nuts would pay a fortune to see him in person.
Jim and Tammy Faye disagree.

I read that woody johnson was extatic when they got tebow, thinking about all the tv coverage the jest would get and the money he'd make. Of course thats whey the jest are the jest, its not about winning its about making money. Something i don't think plays into BB thinking.

Jim and Tammy Faye disagree.

"The Bakkers’ enterprises, including Heritage USA, a 2,300-acre religious theme park and resort in Fort Mill, S.C., grew in value to more than $125 million."

LOL Their bank account did not. TT aint makin no 125 mil with that arm.

Surely hope thats all it is to it. I still dont get why they got him here. BB already knew what he can ( cannot ) do.

Why do they make shirts for any player? $$, What else are you hoping they'd do it for? You don't think Kraft say no Belichick we cannot cut him his shirt is in the pro shop do you?

Why wouldn't he bring him here, you need a 3rd QB for camp and Tebow came without any guaranteed money.

Can someone start a DL thread? I can't. Obv Fork/Whoever did t play. What @ Jones? Flying around looked athletic. Did he look thin? Cants post.

Why do they make shirts for any player? $$, What else are you hoping they'd do it for? You don't think Kraft say no Belichick we cannot cut him his shirt is in the pro shop do you?

Why wouldn't he bring him here, you need a 3rd QB for camp and Tebow came without any guaranteed money.

Esactly, I dont see the problem bringing him here. Who knows how fakked up the Jets are. Give him a free looksie and if he sucks cut him.

Esactly, I dont see the problem bringing him here. Who know how fakked up the Jets are. Give him a free looksie and if he sucks cut him.

Yeah plus I think it helped our D to have to practice against a guy who leaves the pocket a lot, can run a piston look.

Plus we sold some shirts :lol:

Yeah plus I think it helped our D to have to practice against a guy who leaves the pocket a lot, can run a piston look.

Plus we sold some shirts :lol:

Exactly, now use the money sold from the TT shirts to give him a QB instructional tape, a limo ride to the airport, and a one way ticket to any city he wants.

Exactly, now use the money sold from the TT shirts to give him a QB instructional tape, a limo ride to the airport, and a one way ticket to any city he wants.

I'm a pilot for delta connection I will comp his flight out of here..

Every team that tebow has been on has been better the year after he left so far(lets see how the jets do)

So next year im predicting superbowl.

The Jets will continue to suck as long as Rex Ryan is coach and Mark Sanchez is QB. Which I am perfect fine with.

Why do they make shirts for any player? $$

While I agree with you that Tebow's odds are looking slim, they really don't make shirts for "any" player. Last I checked at the proshop, there were really only about 10-12 options for the more popular players, unless you paid a lot extra to have a custom made jersey.

I definitely agree that it'd only be right for them to immediately sell Tebow jerseys from day one due to his popularity, but it does tend to make you stop and think a moment longer when trying to assess Belichick's entire plan.

It just seems weird that Belichick already had to have known that Tebow sucks as a QB, and that they'd have gone through the trouble of dealing with the media circus to bring him here only for the preseason.

I just don't really know what to think about it, aside from the fact that there's likely still some sort of lower ended odds that he still somehow stays.

Belichick and Josh clearly have a plan in play for Tebow and I think they're going to give that plan a solid season. I'll be shocked (not mad, though) if Tebow is cut.

I am a big Tebow fan and I wouldn't be shocked if he gets cut . Whatever Tebow has morphed into he doesn't seem to be the guy with ice water in his veins late in games circa 2011. Its sad but he will have no one to blame but himself . I am starting to think the endless tinkering with his mechanics has caused quite a regression.

I am a big Tebow fan and I wouldn't be shocked if he gets cut . Whatever Tebow has morphed into he doesn't seem to be the guy with ice water in his veins late in games circa 2011. Its sad but he will have no one to blame but himself . I am starting to think the endless tinkering with his mechanics has caused quite a regression.

Rule #4 of being a Patriots fan: never pass up an opportunity to blame the JEST.

Never. :mad:

Question: What do you think about the execution of the Tim Tebow offense?

Answer: I'm all for it!

Still the funniest line , in my opinion, ever said in a tv interview ...( the original Tampa Bay buccaneers line of course)

This is the 2nd or 3rd really honest and thoughtful post from Tebow fans who have stated the exact same thing, and I applaud you for coming to this conclusion without being mad or dramatic.

There are still some who are having a difficult time coming to these terms though, as they seem to feel that many Pats fans are being mean in their assessment of Tebow. I would disagree entirely. We have to remember that this is still a competitive sport and a business.

Rule #4 of being a Patriots fan: never pass up an opportunity to blame the JEST.

Never. :mad:

Just out of curiosity, are there really 3 rules that come ahead of this one?

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back