PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Buc's Pre-Season Game Thread

it's sad becasue the media will talk about how bad tebow played when they will overlook how good/great the first team O and D played

Tebow is 5/19 for 41 yards and an interception so far this preseason, we'd need PR just to explain keeping that bad of a player.

Tebow is a gunner at this point he's playing himself out of a roster spot in the Canadian league if you ask me.

I cant with argue with any of what you said. But this is already known to BB. He really didnt need to bring him in especially when we never carry 3 QBs usually. Plus he sells jerseys, even kraft mentioned him as a good character guy. Again, he shouldnt be on this team but will be unfortunately. I would be happy to be wrong.

Belichick and Josh clearly have a plan in play for Tebow and I think they're going to give that plan a solid season. I'll be shocked (not mad, though) if Tebow is cut.

Was it the minimum salary or the non guaranteed contract that screamed strategic plan? I don't think they had any plan other than to have a camp arm that offered some type of running element for practice purposes.

I was thinking maybe he can willingly ask for a year off and go on the non football reserve list, no matter what I can't see anyway we keep him, who wants a developmental 26 year old 3rd string QB, that makes him the 64th oldest player on this current roster, but he's the developmental player, wouldn't make much sense to me.

Its his 4th yer in this league. Yes , one of them was with the jets but if he hasnt 'developed' yet, he isnt going to.

Tebow's a good quarterback, he's just got to work on his throwing. :)

6tgh8hj2_zps5ec70bc1.gif

I cant with argue with any of what you said. But this is already known to BB. He really didnt need to bring him in especially when we never carry 3 QBs usually. Plus he sells jerseys, even kraft mentioned him as a good character guy. Again, he shouldnt be on this team but will be unfortunately. I would be happy to be wrong.

He needed a 3rd arm for camp, he had to have one, Tebow gave a running element that Brady, Mallett and Kafka didn't, with all the running QB's in the league today it made sense to bring in Tebow and let him run around like a chicken with its head cut off, while letting the defense practice against it.

He is 26 now. I do not consider a 26 year old QB playing for his 3rd team in his 4th year in the league a "prospect". And as I said before the Patriots will not treat him as such either.

There will be no "sitting and learning", if he's going to make this team he needs to improve and do it fast...or BB has something out of left field planned just for him. We shall see.

He is 26 now. I do not consider a 26 year old QB a "prospect". And as I said before the Patriots will not treat him as such either.

There will be no "sitting and learning", if he's going to make this team he needs to improve and do it fast...or BB has something out of left field planned just for him. We shall see.

He is the 64th oldest player on the current roster. And he older than our 2nd string developmental QB.

Its his 4th yer in this league. Yes , one of them was with the jets but if he hasnt 'developed' yet, he isnt going to.

Exactly. 26 year old QB's in their 4th year are not prospects anymore.

He needed a 3rd arm for camp, he had to have one, Tebow gave a running element that Brady, Mallett and Kafka didn't, with all the running QB's in the league today it made sense to bring in Tebow and let him run around like a chicken with its head cut off, while letting the defense practice against it.

I hope you are right . But Iam not convinced he will get cut.

it's sad becasue the media will talk about how bad tebow played when they will overlook how good/great the first team O and D played

You may be onto BB's master plan! :D

Was it the minimum salary or the non guaranteed contract that screamed strategic plan?

It was the fact that they put in a new offense for the guy. Not something you do for a 'camp arm'.

Doubt it. These guys don't get an automatic roster spot like Tebow does. They actually need a quarterback who can produce, you know, positive yardage in order to showcase themselves to the coaches. 1/6 for 1 interception and NEGATIVE one yard? On three drives? You've got to be kidding me.

I don't even think Tebow's going to be cut. I think he'll be with us all season no matter how awful he looks, by virtue of Josh's crush. At some point, the legitimate players who have to perform for their spot must get angry at the pass this guy gets. How could they not?

If for no other reason,and there are palenty, Tebow can wreck the unddrstanding that no matter where you come from Belichcik will keep you if your earn it.

They have given him 4 plus quarters, and the team only scored on a long run by a RB. Cynically, It would seem the Tebow 3-an-outs are meant to give the Defense some time on the field.

TB has had 2 quarters and guided the team to four TDs. Mallett has had less than 2 quarters and marched the team into 4 scores and 2 missed FGA. Tebow is an utter embarassment.

It was the fact that they put in a new offense for the guy. Not something you do for a 'camp arm'.

please stop defending tebow. just stop.

But "offense" suggests positive, not negative, yards. Can we really call THAT offense?

That's what I keep having a hard time with myself. That, and the fact that I don't feel that Belichick would normally have wasted time like this over one player.

You'd also have to assume that Belichick and Co. were well aware of the fact that Tebow sucks at throwing the ball.

I'm by no means claiming that he'll be kept. I'm just saying that I wonder if it's as clear cut as many here think.

The whole situation has been weird, so it's not surprising that it continues to be controversial up until the final minute.

I hope you are right . But Iam not convinced he will get cut.

This is 100% exactly how I feel also. I hope that he does get cut, but there's still some doubt in me.

If for no other reason,and there are palenty, Tebow can wreck the unddrstanding that no matter where you come from Belichcik will keep you if your earn it.

They have given him 4 plus quarters, and the team only scored on a long run by a RB. Cynically, It would seem the Tebow 3-an-outs are meant to give the Defense some time on the field.

TB has had 2 quarters and guided the team to four TDs. Mallett has had less than 2 quarters and marched the team into 4 scores and 2 missed FGA. Tebow is an utter embarassment.

Exactly. I cannot imagine that the team is happy with this new motto "Everybody has to earn it (except Tebow)". It's detrimental to morale. Anytime everyone is held to a certain standard, except one "Chosen One" who gets to keep his spot no matter how terrible he performs, there WILL be resentment, especially among hyper competitive pro athletes, because this situation is fundamentally unfair.

This so-called 'new offense' that has been installed has about 5-10 plays in it.

I am fairly certain that even the 4th stringers on this team can handle that.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back