PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Bills Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would have liked to see more pass rush but agree with everything else you said. People are way too harsh on Thompkins.

I'm moving TE back up my "needs for next draft" list though. I want Studfeld, not Dudfeld.

I disagree about the pass rush. Why would they need more of a pass rush against a guy that would've killed them with his legs if they over pursued? The line held the pocket well all game and even collapsed it at points, which forced Manuel to beat them with his arm. Besides the two touchdowns, the majority of Manuel's other passes were check downs to the RBs or TEs because they forced him to stay in the pocket.

I'd be let down if this was how the pass rush performed against a veteran passing QB like Manning, Rivers, etc. However, this was the perfect strategy against a rookie running-threat QB that may have defaulted to running the ball if his 1st or 2nd read wasn't there.

Thompkins haters should be giving more credit to McKelvin for an amazing day. If he keeps playing like that he's easily the best CB in this division now that Revis is gone. I mean, the dude was amazing.
Umm, McKelvin stinks and you think Thompkins made him look like Revis. Thats not a comforting outlook for Thompkins.

Amendola shut up everyone. Comes back after injury and makes some of the toughest goddamn catches I've ever seen?
Amendola looked very good.

Ridley is the only person who has earned my ire today, other than him I'm pumped about this team.
One fumble. It happens.

The cons, NO PASS RUSH once again. I'm not seeing Chandler Jones being an NFL disrupter. Seems like the same guy as last year, will get 6-8 sacks this year if we are lucky. Buchanon seemed to get more pressure. Good teams will feast on us again.

Understand, this is what BB always does against a running QB. Stay in your lanes and confuse him in the secondary.

But did anyone even SEE our "athletic freak" "superfast and quick" 1st round choice anywhere on the field today??????

Seriously, WTF? Why did we draft Collins??????

Did BB bench him?

Last edited:
Everyone ragging on an UDFA rookie in his first game that beat out two drafted players to start is actually hilarious.

Umm, McKelvin stinks and you think Thompkins made him look like Revis. Thats not a comforting outlook for Thompkins.

Amendola looked very good.

One fumble. It happens.

Yeah fumbles happen but he tripped over his own damn feet and had it returned for a TD. Pretty stupid play and then Vereen came in and looked awesome. Bad day for Ridley.

One fumble. It happens.

Actually, Ridley had 2 fumbles in less than one half. Thankfully, we recovered the first one. The second one was basically self inflicted and it cost us 10-14 points.

That doesn't just happen. There's a reason he sat out the rest of the game.

Man, it must be really frustrating for some of you guys. You see Amendola limping off the field and you probably creamed up the front of your sweat pants. Then he comes back, guts it out and makes some catches that Wes, bless him, couldn't have made.

So you're stuck having to hate on Thompkins, what a downer that must be. Better luck next game, hopefully Danny will break an ankle or get a concussion.

In a thread full of ridiculous posts, yours is the most ridiculous of all. Congratulations!

Everyone ragging on an UDFA rookie in his first game that beat out two drafted players to start is actually hilarious.

Game's over. It's time for analysis, not pom poms. He was lousy. Hopefully, he'll get better.

In a thread full of ridiculous posts, yours is the most ridiculous of all. Congratulations!

Your modus operandi again.

Why don't you tell us WHY fnordcircle's post is ridiculous, instaead of just spraying graffitti.

Last edited:
Did you not watch the game?

Funnily enough I did. I saw a rookie WR make four catches. If you were going to tell me that an undrafted WR was going to do that in his very first game, I'd have taken it. What were you expecting? Randy Moss?

Exactly, they were the heroes today, and the defense played well. Those were the Pros.

The cons, NO PASS RUSH once again. I'm not seeing Chandler Jones being an NFL disrupter. Seems like the same guy as last year, will get 6-8 sacks this year if we are lucky. Buchanon seemed to get more pressure. Good teams will feast on us again.

Sudfeld, an up and down game, good blocking on the run game though, same for Hooman.

Ridley needs to stay on the sidelines or be inactive. Total disaster, FIRST carry of the game he fumbles, and then fumbles when nobody touched him.

The thing that is going to hurt this team is we have ZERO explosive players at any position except at TE. On defense, Wilfork is a pro bowler at clogging up the middle, but isn't exactly gonna get you a lot of sacks. We have NO explosion. When Legarrette Friggen Blount as your kick returner, your team lacks explosion.

You need to watch the game again and reassess your opinion of Jones.
As far as the rest of your opinions, I'll just pass on commenting and say I disagree with just about all of it.

Game's over. It's time for analysis, not pom poms. He was lousy. Hopefully, he'll get better.

He got open enough to make 7-8 catches, what else do you want from a debut?

But did anyone even SEE our "athletic freak" "superfast and quick" 1st round choice anywhere on the field today??????

Seriously, WTF? Why did we draft Collins??????

Did BB bench him?

No, he's a raw prospect and it'll take time to get on the field.

It's ok man, you're just upset the Pats won, I get it I won't take anything you say personally and I'll just wait for you to calm down.

He got open enough to make 7-8 catches, what else do you want from a debut?

He caught 4, not 7-8. He could, easily, have caught 2 TDs, but he screwed up those plays. He also screwed up on a sideline catch where he didn't even try to get his second foot down, among other mistakes.

He's a rookie. Hopefully, he'll figure this stuff out and get better. Today, though, he was lousy.

Kudos to Amendola, Edelman and Vereen. Huge games by all.
(Amendola won't last the year if he keeps being asked to make circus catches in traffic)
If the Patriots are playing just a decent team today they lose that game.
Glad for the win but Buffalo basically handed the Patriots the game.
That was 4 quarters of pretty ugly football.
Btw, is it possible to be a successful NFL head coach when you have absolutely no idea how to switch up your no huddle offense, burn up the play clock and take valuable time off that clock??
That was downright amateur on the part of the Bills coaching staff.

The Jets game should be very interesting. Can't wait for Thursday. :D

I agree with all, but this. The Pats handed them the game. But the Pats took it back.

I just got home from the restaurant/grille where I watched the game (being in Maryland sucks sometimes).

Has anyone pointed out the ridiculous decision by BB/McDaniels to have the Pats Offense go into shotgun mode deep in their own territory with Amendola out injured with 1:12 to go in the 1st half. I turned to my friends and said - - "This is bad management. Sit on the ball and get into the lockerroom with a 10 point lead. Don't screw around here". 2 plays later - interception. 15 seconds later - TD Buffalo. 17-14 Pats at half.

If BB benched Sudfeld and Ridley - - he should bench HIMSELF or MCDANIELS for that brainfart.

+1

Going for it on 4th down down by 4 with still a whole quarter to go was dumb. That whole sequence was awful. Just pass, no run attempt or even play action that whole time they were down there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes