PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Bills Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This game shouldn't have been even remotely close. The Ridley fumble caused by Ridley cost us a minimum of 10 points (as high as 14 points).
Brady's fumble maybe another 7 points.

Patriots 431 total yards
Bills 286 total yards

Patriots 89 total plays
Bills 61 total plays

Patriots 26 1st downs
Bills 15 1st downs

Take away those self inflicted turnovers and this game isn't close.

The FA move I'd make were I BB would be to re-sign Fells if he's healthy until gronk ready.
Must admit that Hooperson made the key block on Vereen's huge game winning run.
Jenkins, no.
Lloyd, no.
Develop the rooks; it's the course we set for the season

Kudos to Amendola, Edelman and Vereen. Huge games by all.
(Amendola won't last the year if he keeps being asked to make circus catches in traffic)
If the Patriots are playing just a decent team today they lose that game.
Glad for the win but Buffalo basically handed the Patriots the game.
That was 4 quarters of pretty ugly football.
Btw, is it possible to be a successful NFL head coach when you have absolutely no idea how to switch up your no huddle offense, burn up the play clock and take valuable time off that clock??
That was downright amateur on the part of the Bills coaching staff.

The Jets game should be very interesting. Can't wait for Thursday. :D

the only thing I want to say is: An Ugly Win is better than a Ugly Loss.

An ugly win is better than a beautiful loss!

Kudos to the D, especially for that 3 and out. Also, interesting game management by BB to slow it down, even before in FG range, on the last possession and play for a last kick. Most coaches' instincts, with three time outs is to go fast in case you give the ball up so you have the possibility of a second chance. Bill bet on the team scoring to avoid giving the Bills a shot to win with four downs per series. Pretty impressive -- probably a better risk/reward decision, but not how most coaches play the end game when trailing.

The FA move I'd make were I BB would be to re-sign Fells if he's healthy until gronk ready.
Must admit that Hooperson made the key block on Vereen's huge game winning run.
Jenkins, no.
Lloyd, no.
Develop the rooks; it's the course we set for the season

That's it, right there. They'll sink or swim with the puppies.

Thompkins was horrible.

Wes welker barely got on the field in his first year in the NFL. Cut the brother some slack. It's his first NFL game.

This game shouldn't have been even remotely close. The Ridley fumble caused by Ridley cost us a minimum of 10 points (as high as 14 points).

Patriots 431 total yards
Bills 286 total yards

Patriots 89 total plays
Bills 61 total plays

Patriots 26 1st downs
Bills 15 1st downs

This is true but I'd still like to have seen a better game from Thompkins and the TE's. Hopefully Gronk is ready soon and Thompkins just had a bad first game. The turnovers were all self inflicted and the defense generally played well. I expect a better performance against the Jets Thursday.

Well thank Christ we were playing Buffalo today. I have faith they'll pull it together but Jesus that was some ugly football at times.

Amendola, Edelman, Vereen were money today. Hats off to them.

Exactly, they were the heroes today, and the defense played well. Those were the Pros.

The cons, NO PASS RUSH once again. I'm not seeing Chandler Jones being an NFL disrupter. Seems like the same guy as last year, will get 6-8 sacks this year if we are lucky. Buchanon seemed to get more pressure. Good teams will feast on us again.

Sudfeld, an up and down game, good blocking on the run game though, same for Hooman.

Ridley needs to stay on the sidelines or be inactive. Total disaster, FIRST carry of the game he fumbles, and then fumbles when nobody touched him.

The thing that is going to hurt this team is we have ZERO explosive players at any position except at TE. On defense, Wilfork is a pro bowler at clogging up the middle, but isn't exactly gonna get you a lot of sacks. We have NO explosion. When Legarrette Friggen Blount as your kick returner, your team lacks explosion.

I just got home from the restaurant/grille where I watched the game (being in Maryland sucks sometimes).

Has anyone pointed out the ridiculous decision by BB/McDaniels to have the Pats Offense go into shotgun mode deep in their own territory with Amendola out injured with 1:12 to go in the 1st half. I turned to my friends and said - - "This is bad management. Sit on the ball and get into the lockerroom with a 10 point lead. Don't screw around here". 2 plays later - interception. 15 seconds later - TD Buffalo. 17-14 Pats at half.

If BB benched Sudfeld and Ridley - - he should bench HIMSELF or MCDANIELS for that brainfart.

Last edited:

Patriots 431 total yards
Bills 286 total yards

Patriots 89 total plays
Bills 61 total plays

Patriots 26 1st downs
Bills 15 1st downs

Problem is Buffalo could say exactly the same thing and they'd be right.

Exactly, they were the heroes today, and the defense played well. Those were the Pros.

The cons, NO PASS RUSH once again. I'm not seeing Chandler Jones being an NFL disrupter. Seems like the same guy as last year, will get 6-8 sacks this year if we are lucky. Buchanon seemed to get more pressure. Good teams will feast on us again.

Sudfeld, an up and down game, good blocking on the run game though, same for Hooman.

Ridley needs to stay on the sidelines or be inactive. Total disaster, FIRST carry of the game he fumbles, and then fumbles when nobody touched him.

The thing that is going to hurt this team is we have ZERO explosive players at any position except at TE. On defense, Wilfork is a pro bowler at clogging up the middle, but isn't exactly gonna get you a lot of sacks. We have NO explosion. When Legarrette Friggen Blount as your kick returner, your team lacks explosion.

Vereen is explosive, should be the every down guy.

Kenbrell Thompkins looked horrible. Must be nerves. He looked like he had no confidence at all.

Kenbrell Thompkins looked horrible. Must be nerves. He looked like he had no confidence at all.

He wasn't great by any stretch of the imagination but it's also hard to do anything when the CB is trying to steal your jersey every play, he was getting flat out mugged out there and not one flag for it.

Glad for the win but Buffalo basically handed the Patriots the game.

So you missed the Ridley fumble on the Buffalo 5 that was run back for a TD.

You also must have missed the Brady fumble on the Buffalo 1.

And then you missed the Patriots decision not to sit on the ball 1st and 10 backed up on its own 20 yd line and Buffalo with no more timeouts with 1:12 left in the 1st half which turned into a turnover and quick Buffalo TD.

That was a 36-7 Patriots laugher that was turned into a nailbiter by New England almost handing BUFFALO the game.

Last edited:
Problem is Buffalo could say exactly the same thing and they'd be right.

Actually they couldn't say the same thing because we caused those turnovers.

Big difference when someone rips the ball out of your hands versus dropping it on your own.

Man, it must be really frustrating for some of you guys. You see Amendola limping off the field and you probably creamed up the front of your sweat pants. Then he comes back, guts it out and makes some catches that Wes, bless him, couldn't have made.

So you're stuck having to hate on Thompkins, what a downer that must be. Better luck next game, hopefully Danny will break an ankle or get a concussion.

Thompkins haters should be giving more credit to McKelvin for an amazing day. If he keeps playing like that he's easily the best CB in this division now that Revis is gone. I mean, the dude was amazing.

Amendola shut up everyone. Comes back after injury and makes some of the toughest goddamn catches I've ever seen?

Ridley is the only person who has earned my ire today, other than him I'm pumped about this team.

It's easy to be "amazing" when you're allowed to grab and hold on every play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes