PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Bills Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the Jets win another **** game they have no business winning.

buffalo is always a tough place to play. always weird bounces that go in favor of the bills - ball goes off four players into the hands of a bills defender, etc. this is the one place i hate to play on the road. im glad we got out of there with a win.

Kudos to

Amendola
Edelman
Vereen
Arrington
Ninkovich
Vellano

This was as ugly a win as there will be. I can't have confidence in this team until they prove me wrong.

Tom Brady will be ok and the Offensive Line should be fine. But otherwise, the running game is suffering from the lack of a passing game, and Ridley is not reliable with the football. At Wide Receiver, there is Amendola and Edelman, and then nothing else. Thompkins was the biggest troll of the preseason, Boyce hardly played, and Dobson isn't ready. Sudfeld is nothing, and Hooman can't catch or block.

Defensively, I'm not as critical, but critical all the same. The secondary was bad today, the linebackers can't cover, and the pressure is nonexistent.

If I were Bill, I'd be calling up Michael Jenkins, Brandon Lloyd and Daniel Fells, especially since veteran contracts aren't guaranteed anymore. Brady NEEDS something out there. You can't honestly tell me that they can beat the likes of Houston, Cincinnati or Denver with Undrafted Rookies starting.

I actually don't have too much issue with the way Thomkins played. Yes... he should know the playbook a little better... but once he and Tom are on the same page he should give us someone to throw to deep.

What an awful way to start the season: a good hard-fought game! :mad:

This was good. Brings expectation to proper level. Quality teaching moment for how things can change on a dime. This game should not have been close at all.

Hopefully we'll be seeing some Mea Culpa's from the "glass-endola" crowd. Spheroids of steel.

I actually don't have too much issue with the way Thomkins played. Yes... he should know the playbook a little better... but once he and Tom are on the same page he should give us someone to throw to deep.

Dobson's size should inherently offer more separation... Hopefully these rookie WR continue to develop. The passing offense's continued success depends on it.

I dont know what Wendell is smoking but he better get his **** together. I dont think he got a snap right.

Ridley can enjoy keeping Vereen's seat warm the rest of the year. :D

the only thing I want to say is: An Ugly Win is better than a Ugly Loss.

And the big winner: Tony's fantasy team for drafting Vereen

getting gronk back will give us gronk, edelman and amendola. that should win us a lot of games this year. thompkins, dobson and boyce, if any of those guys step up it will be gravy.

Get use to this type of game guys/gals. It is going to be like this for a bit.

And why isn't Verren starting over Ridley as a matter of course anyway? The upside is bigger, the versatility is better and the athleticism is on another level. Ridley's fumbles may be the break we needed.

Can we trust our D for 5 seconds?

It wasn't the defense, it was turnovers. Brady fumble at the one, Brady interception on the slip by Sudfeld, two fumbles by Ridley. The defense was fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents