PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official NFL Draft Day 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are something like 150 picks today, and 5 years from now I bet there wont be 20 that are looked back on as great picks.
Its a crapshoot, and we are shooting at guys who mostly have a high end of being a player who makes your team and you think sucks.
Brady, TD, etc are one in many 1000s, and its mostly a case of luck.
Depth is built here, but not there won't be many quality players who make top level contributions having their name called today.

It depends on your definition of great pick. Mathew Slater, Zolton Mesko and Stephen Gostkowski would all be great picks in my mind from the late rounds. Tom Brady is once a generation so that's an unfair standard. You look at Adalius Thomas who was the same year and late 5th or early 6th and yes there's maybe 5 of those tops in any given year.

I more or less agree and am just commenting and not trying to get into a splitting hairs argument.

Boykin and Minnifield are still on the board. Would love to get them.

Winn, Crick and Randell on the DL as well.

How many picks do we have left and in which round? I got drunk last night after picking Wilson and I remember nothing after trading down.

My reset targets based on areas not addressed so far:

DE J.R. Sweezy NCSU 6'5", 300 - Good athlete for his size, block eater
CB Coty Sensabaugh Clemson 5'11", 190 - Limited reps but looked solid at combine
OG Matt Reynolds BYU 6'4", 305 - Once a highly rated OT becomes a sliding OG
RB Robert Turbin Utah St 5'10", 225 - A bowling ball, complements existing stable

What happened to the NFL Network internet feed?

That Verizon commercial with the mother and daughter crying has to be the most annoying commerial I have ever seen.

It goes right through my spine when I see it.

My reset targets based on areas not addressed so far:

DE J.R. Sweezy NCSU 6'5", 300 - Good athlete for his size, block eater
CB Coty Sensabaugh Clemson 5'11", 190 - Limited reps but looked solid at combine
OG Matt Reynolds BYU 6'4", 305 - Once a highly rated OT becomes a sliding OG
RB Robert Turbin Utah St 5'10", 225 - A bowling ball, complements existing stable

He's also one of the best pass catching backs in the draft as well. I love his versatility and he would be the one RB I would draft.

Miami trades up to get RB Lamarr Miller. Worst interview on Sirius I have heard in a long time.

It depends on your definition of great pick. Mathew Slater, Zolton Mesko and Stephen Gostkowski would all be great picks in my mind from the late rounds. Tom Brady is once a generation so that's an unfair standard. You look at Adalius Thomas who was the same year and late 5th or early 6th and yes there's maybe 5 of those tops in any given year.

I more or less agree and am just commenting and not trying to get into a splitting hairs argument.

Boykin and Minnifield are still on the board. Would love to get them.

I don't think Slater was a great pick...he is primarily a one trick pony on STs who has kept his job because he is o.k. at it,I think he should be more involved in the passing game since one of Brady's longest pass completions in 2011 fell into the hands of Matt in week 1 against the Phins.

The attempt to turn Matt into a defensive back was a failure.

IMO the 2 greatest late day picks in Belichick's tenure has been of course,Brady and David Givens.

I knew Frank Alexander wasn't a late pick. Was always producing when I watched Oklahoma.

That Verizon commercial with the mother and daughter crying has to be the most annoying commerial I have ever seen.

Terrible, so bad, absolutely the worst. And I didn't think there could be a more annoying commercial than the one with Cam Newton preening for camera.

While we are on the subject of mind-numbing television stupidity, who thought it was a good idea to put Bill Polian on TV except as the victim in an NCIS episode? Not only does he spend an inordinate amount of time touting his Indy work (so why aren't you a GM there? or anywhere else?) but his Deputy Dawg demeanor literally sucks the life out of anyone on the same segment as him. They had to physically move McShay to another location before he lost his youthful spray-on orange glow.

Dang it, the one guy I really wanted.

I don't think Slater was a great pick...he is primarily a one trick pony on STs who has kept his job because he is o.k. at it,I think he should be more involved in the passing game since one of Brady's longest pass completions in 2011 fell into the hands of Matt in week 1 against the Phins.

The attempt to turn Matt into a defensive back was a failure.

IMO the 2 greatest late day picks in Belichick's tenure has been of course,Brady and David Givens.

Slater is one of the best special teamers in the league. Saying he's a one trick pony is mind-boggling since the kid plays on all 6 special teams units. How is that a "one-trick pony"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes