Chase Minnifield, Virginia

S
Antonio Allen, South Carolina
George Iloka, Boise State
Trenton Robinson, Michigan State
Markelle Martin, Oklahoma State
Aaron Henry, Wisconsin
Christian Thompson, South Carolina State

i would like Ta'amu but he will be long gone. My binky is Dequan Menzie, I think he could help in the rotation back there but also think he will be gone. Also like Chase Minnifield, Eric Page, Devin Wylie, Josh Norman.

I would like a high risk, high reward type player, perhaps someone who has fallen due to injury, level of compeititon or lack of experience - a bit like Dale Moss. Hopefully a depth cb/wr with kick return ability.

However, we have had a few workouts with TE/FB type guys, so perhaps we will look in that direction. The kid from Massachussets I remember.

Last edited:
I definitely think it would be worth a shot at Alfonzo Dennard in the 5th

Mike Mayock, who I respect, just said with the Wilson and Jake picks yesterday, plus the 1st day picks the Patriots have hit a home on this years draft.,FWIW.

Les Miles, HC of LSU, said that both Hightower and Jake will wreck havoc. he's had to game plan against both.

Last edited:
Emil Igwenagu. I grew up with him and went to school with him for 7 years. Wonder what team he will be on

Any chance we finally draft a Big WR today?

I cringed when I saw the jets got Stephen Hill :( What a stud that kid may become. I just think the clock is ticking with our top WRs, we need to develop a young big WR to groom. There are still a few good ones left. It just seems we always pass on them.

Nick Toon is another binkie, plays much bigger than 6'2" 215, big vertical, 4.54 combine 40, 4.45 pro day 40, good on tape with big 3rd down plays

biggest negative: his dad was a Jet

Last edited:
A little off topic, Mayock also said he thinks Chandler Jones could end up being the best defender in this year's draft AND he has a frame similar to Jason Pierre-Paul.

Anyways, I'd say we should either get a skill position guy (WR or RB) or O-Lineman. Marvin McNutt and Joe Adams intrigue me at wideout.

Best Available...

WR
Chris Givens, Wake Forest
Marvin Jones, California
Juron Criner, Arizona
Greg Childs, Arkansas
Joe Adams, Arkansas
Nick Toon, Wisconsin
Marvin McNutt, Iowa

Those guys could all win out the #4 WR spot vs the land of the JAGS, WR is so deep.

I don't know where the weak draft stuff comes from. There are still a lot of guys available that I really like. Hopefully we can trade a few expendable guys (Cunningham, Brace, Wendell/McDonald, Hoyer?) for some extra picks. I think there are quite a few guys that could easily upgrade the roster and potentially have an impact.

A punter was drafted ahead of those guys. Has to tell you something about how they project.

My outside bet for our pick is Adrien Robinson, TE from Cincinnati. 6'4", 264 lbs and runs a 4.54 40. Potential mismatch? I think so.

I'd like to see us get a couple more picks. Perhaps a trade with Minnesota who has 3 4th round selections.

Anyway my list:

Ronnell Lewis (I am absolutely shocked no team has taken him. I want him bad.)
Alameda Ta'amu
Juron Criner (Really like him)
Jarius Wright (Great talent and another must have. IMO)
Dale Moss (Extremely raw but extremely talented.)
Chase Minnifield
Ron Brooks
Alfonzo Dennard

Mike Mayock, who I respect, just said with the Wilson and Jake picks yesterday, plus the 1st day picks the Patriots have hit a home on this years draft.,FWIW.

Les Miles, HC of LSU, said that both Hightower and Jake will wreck havoc. he's had to game plan against both.

And that's nice to hear, but Mayock looked stunned with the Wilson pick. He didn't have him in his top 250. What's changed?

Re: Any chance we finally draft a Big WR today?

I cringed when I saw the jets got Stephen Hill :( What a stud that kid may become.

Luckily the Jets don't have an offensive line good enough to protect a QB long enough for him to get the ball to Hill, nor do they have a QB good enough to hit Hill on a regular basis.

I'd like to see us get a couple more picks. Perhaps a trade with Minnesota who has 3 4th round selections.

Anyway my list:

Ronnell Lewis (I am absolutely shocked no team has taken him. I want him bad.)
Alameda Ta'amu
Juron Criner (Really like him)
Jarius Wright (Great talent and another must have. IMO)
Dale Moss (Extremely raw but extremely talented.)
Chase Minnifield
Ron Brooks
Alfonzo Dennard

I absolutely love him but I'm pretty convinced he's not on our board - apparently the Cowboys took him off theirs and his drop suggests other teams have too.

a guy I'd like, but may be available as an UDFA is Quenton Saulsberry, OC.

wouldn't bet against Tommy Streeter. Had him in for a late visit, might drop with all the receivers left on the board and would be our own Stephen Hill type.

Heh

Stephen Hill spoke to Mark Sanchez about the Jets playbook last night. #nyj

"What's one of those" presumably.

I have a feeling BB will trade some players to get picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes