PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Laugh at the Steelers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been threw the tunnel for the view. Been to their mt washington view over city. Been to sous... sigggghhhh... had permantis sandmich.

It is impressive and their fans are very loyal.

But the stick in my craw is they keep saying we cheat, when deep inside they are displacing their inner turmoil.

Truth be told, from and older dog than you guys, they are the example of how a fan base should be. But low and behold the younger brother comes to knock their **** off.

There is no answer other than to cry to daddy. Blame the league, refs, everything.

They lost to Jacksonville and got embarrassed. But if there were interviews about who they cheer for now. It is Jacksonville. They got burned that that is who they cheer for.

They can not take care of their own business, they will now cheer for the ones that just embarrassed them on home field and emptied their stadium.

Broken fanbase... broken. Because of lack of building from the top.

I heard these shmucks on radio after the NE and PIT game talking about how overrated Harmon is cause he gets right place right time interceptions. Duron Harmon is the reason we are hosting the Jags in the AFCCG and not either 1. Visiting PIT or 2. Sitting at home watching a PIT-JAX AFCCG. I am way more confident facing Jax after playing a divisional game first than I would be if they had to open the playoffs against em.

Remember in 2014(I think?) the article about how some of the Denver players were afraid of going to Foxboro...then they got upset by the Colts at home.

I wonder if there is a similar sentiment in that Steelers locker-room...which then also caused them to lose to the Jags at home...The team looked like they were going through the motions most of the first half.

The way they built up that Pats-steelers game at Heinz just showed you that they had no faith in beating the Pats unless they had the #1 seed. and they ripped their hearts out..
NFL players aren’t afraid of playing a game.

This is the Broncos of 2015. The Pats almost won that game with a terrible o line and nothing but Gronk.

• Agree
Reactions: ALP
Did you watch the Jags game and see 3 of those touchdowns Ben threw? save for 2 dumb 4th and 1 conversions they couldv'e won that game. They put up 42 points on the defense fans here are comparing to the 85 bears coming into Foxboro next week. They have wide receivers who make catches that you just have to shrug your shoulders at when they make catches.

Ill take my chances of brady scoring more against their defense. than blake bortles scoring against ours.

not only that they gave up 44 points to Jimmy G and the 49ers just a few weeks ago...

How great is it!!??? LOL

Jete : Who? Check
Freddie Mitchell: Who? Check
Goodell (league) pay back: Check
Ravens: Harbaugh: Who? Check
Eli is better than TB? (Not) Check
Colts (false BS): Who? Check
Donkeys: LOL Check
99.9% of the media: FU Check
99.9% of other fan bases: FU Check
Rex Ryan: Who? Check
SQEELERS/(TOMLIN) FU Check

Etc...Etc....

NEXT!!!????

When, in the hell, will they learn?

Last edited:
This is the Broncos of 2015

I'm interested why you'd think that? What are the parallels? Denver had a similar, but not the same defense perhaps, but they also had a good QB in Manning, a solid running game and two very good WRs to compliment.

Add in a NE team literally decimated in an entire aspect of the game (offense, defense, and ST) playing AWAY in a stadium they didn't have a good record in, and I'm struggling to see where these are similar at all?

This Jacksonville defense is good.

They're not nearly as good as the 2015 Broncos.

I agree with you and that was kinda my point. The Pats went into Denver, their house of horrors, with no rushing game and almost pulled that game off. And I would argue that the Denver offense is not much different than the Jags offense. The Pats will play a similar defensive game and keep it close. I could see a game like last years Denver game (20-3 or 16-0 or 20-7). Something like that.

For any tomlin defenders i have this to say: in the past 7 seasons that team, with all their talent and in a watered down league, has 1 playoff win against teams with their starting qb.

There is no excuse for that and that undoubtedly falls on the coaching. Having ben alone should guarantee at least a couple deep playoff runs.

For any tomlin defenders i have this to say: in the past 7 seasons that team, with all their talent and in a watered down league, has 1 playoff win against teams with their starting qb.

There is no excuse for that and that undoubtedly falls on the coaching. Having ben alone should guarantee at least a couple deep playoff runs.

With losses to David Garrard, Blake Bortles and Tim Tebow along the way.

The team went to the SB in 2010, then got old and had to rebuild. The notion that elite QBs are enough has been proven wrong long since. Brady is the exception that proves the rule.

If you really want to look for a reason why they've struggled since then, look to the drafting post-2004, and to the paucity of impactful FAs. Letting Emmanuel Sanders get away didn't help any, either.

My definition of matching up is fine. I feel the team matches up better against a team it is more likely to beat. I can’t imagine a definition that would mean more than that.

No, your definition sucks and that's putting it lightly. Just to pull an example that will hit close to home, the Patriots matched up well with the Seahawks from 2012-current due to their quick strike passing game mitigating the Seahawks' secondary. And yet they went 1-2 against the Seahawks during that time. I can pull up examples from other sports if you'd like but 1) you get the point and 2) you're "done with this".

You are the one who objected to my comments to begin with and my comments were about winning and losing.

Andy, you're getting all turned around here. You may want to go back and read the thread if you're not "done".

Because they were good defenses. Every offense doesn’t do as well against good defenses as bad defenses. If you consider “have a good defense” to be the blueprint of how to play good defense ok but I don’t get the point.

And good defenses rush the passer with four rushers while dropping seven into coverage, which is what those defenses did. Hence, a blueprint. Glad we're in agreement.

It happened all game. I’m not going back to watch film to give you the plays. Feel free to do that yourself. I saw it live I don’t need to see it again to know it happened.

So you were talking out of your behind here. Good to know.

He put up 35 in week 17.

Bortles wouldn’t have made the plays Eli did in that game.

Eli literally lofted a pass toward the middle of the field that should have been picked. He got lucky on another one that went through the hands on Asante. How you're trying to argue that Bortles is a terrible QB, which is true, while ignoring that Eli was also a terrible QB is some mental gymnastics fit for the Olympics.

Pittsburgh has put up points against us consistently. They had us beaten if they make a routine catch a month ago. You act like they are the Browns only because it supports your argument.

Not acting like "they're the Browns" at all. That's straw man #2 for you. When you have to rely on logical fallacies to make a point, that should tell you that you have no point at all. The Steelers are the better offense and we won that game in spite of everything I've already covered in this thread. That defense, on the other hand, just handed Bortles 38 points. If you don't think Tom Brady would have done better, then you're lost. The Patriots would have extended drives and kept them off the field while having KVN and Branch back on defense (on top of the addition of Harrison) to keep Bell under control. That game would have been a blowout.

It never was.
Offensively the Steelers are 10 times more dangerous. That cannot he debated.

And yet it has been and hasn't been refuted.

With that you have totally clowned your argument and I am through.
Say whatever you want I have no interest in your views on this any longer.

Suuuuuuuuuuuure you are.

No, your definition sucks and that's putting it lightly. Just to pull an example that will hit close to home, the Patriots matched up well with the Seahawks from 2012-current due to their quick strike passing game mitigating the Seahawks' secondary. And yet they went 1-2 against the Seahawks during that time. I can pull up examples from other sports if you'd like but 1) you get the point and 2) you're "done with this".

Andy, you're getting all turned around here. You may want to go back and read the thread if you're not "done".

And good defenses rush the passer with four rushers while dropping seven into coverage, which is what those defenses did. Hence, a blueprint. Glad we're in agreement.

So you were talking out of your behind here. Good to know.

Eli literally lofted a pass toward the middle of the field that should have been picked. He got lucky on another one that went through the hands on Asante. How you're trying to argue that Bortles is a terrible QB, which is true, while ignoring that Eli was also a terrible QB is some mental gymnastics fit for the Olympics.

Not acting like "they're the Browns" at all. That's straw man #2 for you. When you have to rely on logical fallacies to make a point, that should tell you that you have no point at all. The Steelers are the better offense and we won that game in spite of everything I've already covered in this thread. That defense, on the other hand, just handed Bortles 38 points. If you don't think Tom Brady would have done better, then you're lost. The Patriots would have extended drives and kept them off the field while having KVN and Branch back on defense (on top of the addition of Harrison) to keep Bell under control. That game would have been a blowout.

And yet it has been and hasn't been refuted.

Suuuuuuuuuuuure you are.
We disagree by a lot, ill leave it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
Back