PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official I Want to Officially Have the 22nd Pick Seahawks-Cowboys game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
People we still get NO. 22 so I'm not sure what you guys are upset about.

Dallas and Kansas City both pick higher than Seattle based on today's outcomes.

d@mn cowpokes p!ssed away the fg that would have won em the game!! LOL. Man I really hate that team. I guess it was karma that they lost. here we go pick 24 :(

I think you're thinking of the Dolts / Chiefs game. :p

Nah, I think all 4 teams that played today should be eliminated from the playoffs for the sake of quality football, with the 4 remaining teams from tomorrow moving on to play the 1 and 2 seeds in their respective conferences. It's only fair (to the fans, that is).

I thought Romo was pretty clearly outside the one when his knee was down. I'm not sure whether it was a fumble or not, but either way, it's Seattle ball.

Nah, I think all 4 teams that played today should be eliminated from the playoffs for the sake of quality football, with the 4 remaining teams from tomorrow moving on to play the 1 and 2 seeds in their respective conferences. It's only fair (to the fans, that is).
Please God may tomorrow's football not be as terrible as today's.

Man, Seattle is one lucky team this year. They've been winning like this all season.

Man, Seattle is one lucky team this year. They've been winning like this all season.

It won't last. I thought maybe they'd put together a run based on their superior experience and the fact that their QB is probably the best in the NFC bracket, but after watching this mess, Chicago will kill them, Rex Grossman or not. Seattle is d-u-n done.

I think you're thinking of the Dolts / Chiefs game. :p

I didn't see that one, or most of this one, (worked).

I'm just picking it up from "Up by seven on our own 2. Let's throw it 15 yards sideway to a covered Glenn. What could go wrong?":bricks: :bricks:

Nobody remembers the famous similar pass from near the goal line that was intercepted and turned the game around?

I'm almost sure it decided a Super Bowl.

I didn't see that one, or most of this one, (worked).

I'm just picking it up from "Up by seven on our own 2. Let's throw it 15 yards sideway to a covered Glenn. What could go wrong?":bricks: :bricks:

Nobody remembers the famous similar pass from near the goal line that was intercepted and turned the game around?

I'm almost sure it decided a Super Bowl.

As soon as I saw it I thought, "Why on earth are you throwing a hitch there?", then I started screaming at the TV incoherently when Glenn put it on the ground. I'm still in shock they called that play, just an awful idea. Some teams really do need a "common sense" coach.

Edit: Oh, and the play you're thinking of happened to the Redskins against the Raiders in the Superbowl, but it didn't decide the game. It was a pass out into the flat by Theismann.

Last edited:

I agree. As Madden pointed out, all Holmgren had to do was throttle down and score slowly, leaving no time on the clock. Like a fool, He goes for a long strike. As for Parcells, he must have lost his mind. The third down pass was uncalled for. Run, run, kick the field goal on third down. If there is a mishandled snap, Romo falls on it, Gramatica kicks on 4th down, and the Pats pick 22nd.

I agree. As Madden pointed out, all Holmgren had to do was throttle down and score slowly, leaving no time on the clock. Like a fool, He goes for a long strike. As for Parcells, he must have lost his mind. The third down pass was uncalled for. Run, run, kick the field goal on third down. If there is a mishandled snap, Romo falls on it, Gramatica kicks on 4th down, and the Pats pick 22nd.

Unfortunately, incompetence was the order of the day. Coaches, players, officials, the entire lot of them. Just an ugly, ugly day of playoff football. Which is still way, way better than a great day of postseason baseball...

No way. How can you kick on third down there? You have to run the play and make Seattle either use their last time out or burn 40 seconds.

The game was not tied. If it's tied, then maybe. But the Cowboys were losing. You can't give a team a time out or 40 seconds when all they need is a field goal to beat you and they have arguably the best in the game.

Parcels gave himself multiple chances to win there. If you pick up the first down, but don't score the TD, the game is pretty much over and then you can kick on third down with 10 seconds left on the clock. If you score the TD, you try for two, and either way, you force Seattle to go the length of the field. If you don't make the first down, you kick the field goal with a 96 percent chance of conversion.

Sometimes the 4 percent gets you. But that's football and that's only hindsight.

.... Just an ugly, ugly day of playoff football. Which is still way, way better than a great day of postseason baseball...

And THAT, friends, is nothing more than the truth !

As soon as I saw it I thought, "Why on earth are you throwing a hitch there?", then I started screaming at the TV incoherently when Glenn put it on the ground. I'm still in shock they called that play, just an awful idea. Some teams really do need a "common sense" coach.

Edit: Oh, and the play you're thinking of happened to the Redskins against the Raiders in the Superbowl, but it didn't decide the game. It was a pass out into the flat by Theismann.

Thank you. I didn't think it did, but like tonight, it sure sucks to gift wrap a TD!:bricks:

It won't last. I thought maybe they'd put together a run based on their superior experience and the fact that their QB is probably the best in the NFC bracket, but after watching this mess, Chicago will kill them, Rex Grossman or not. Seattle is d-u-n done.

Understood, that this concedes that their pick is 31.
But wouldn't it be WONDERFUL to have
the Seahawks as our opponent in Miami?

I thought Romo was pretty clearly outside the one when his knee was down. I'm not sure whether it was a fumble or not, but either way, it's Seattle ball.

I have a strange question, did you guys think he got a first down ?

I have a strange question, did you guys think he got a first down ?

No, but I thought it was way closer than the refs or announcers would have you believe. He started going down at the two but reached the ball out to the 1 and 1/4 yard line or so before his knee hit. Still not a first, but a great attempt at it (after a badly botched hold, of course).

Sounds good but it wouldnt' have worked.. Looking at the game log:

Two-Minute Warning
2nd and 10 at SEA 11 (2:00) M.Barber right guard to SEA 8 for 3 yards (J.Babineaux, J.Peterson).
Timeout #2 by SEA at 01:53.
3rd and 7 at SEA 8 (1:53) T.Romo pass short right to J.Witten to SEA 1 for 7 yards (L.Tatupu, J.Peterson). kick here??
Play Challenged by Review Assistant and REVERSED.
T.Romo pass short right to J.Witten to SEA 2 for 6 yards (L.Tatupu, J.Peterson).
Timeout #3 by SEA at 01:19.
4th and 1 at SEA 2 (1:19) (Field Goal formation) T.Romo FUMBLES (Aborted) at SEA 9, and recovers at SEA 9. T.Romo to SEA 2 for 7 yards (J.Babineaux).

Seattle would have gotten the ball back with almost two minutes and a TIME OUT.. Considering Dallas has been giving up the big play and J.Brown (Seattle kicker) have been playing, the cards would have been in Seattles favor. Parcells played it right but a mistake was made on a young player.
Now if you want to say he should have pounded the ball against a horrible run team for that 1 yard to seal the game.> I would have agreed with you there.. but hindsight is 20/20..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back