PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official "Everything OTA" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dennard missing all of OTAs is more concerning than Armstead. At least Armstead was out there the first week with the rehab group.
All due respect JMC but I do not follow that logic. Dennard is a proven commodity who has 2 years of successful football under his belt; Armstead has never taken a snap in the NFL not even a preseason snap.

Armstead still being on the sideline a year after the infection was first reported is extremely concerning, and honestly shocking, what is going on with him.

I find it significant that Stork, Wendell, and Connolly are all taking equal amounts of snaps on first string.
I expect Connolly to be the starting center and Wendell to be released.

LT – Solder
LG – Mankins, Kline
OC – Connolly, Stork
RG – Cannon, Halapio
RT – Vollmer, Fleming

LT – Solder
LG – Mankins, Kline
OC – Connolly, Stork
RG – Cannon, Halapio
RT – Vollmer, Fleming
We can only hope.

All due respect JMC but I do not follow that logic. Dennard is a proven commodity who has 2 years of successful football under his belt; Armstead has never taken a snap in the NFL not even a preseason snap.

Armstead still being on the sideline a year after the infection was first reported is extremely concerning, and honestly shocking, what is going on with him.

Just IMO Dennard missing all of OTAs is slightly more concerning to me than a player who is coming back from an infection that made him miss the season.

But it's not like either is a big concern. A big concern is when Week 2 of training camp rolls around and they still haven't taken the field.

Then again Dennard and Armstead could have been off doing other stuff at the training facility hitting the weights or something which the reporters would have no clue about.

Just IMO Dennard missing all of OTAs is slightly more concerning to me than a player who is coming back from an infection that made him miss the season.

But it's not like either is a big concern. A big concern is when Week 2 of training camp rolls around and they still haven't taken the field.

Then again Dennard and Armstead could have been off doing other stuff at the training facility hitting the weights or something which the reporters would have no clue about.
Dennard had knee surgery back in week 12 of the season so I would guess they are just rehabbing that, also he lost some time when he was inside so he could be behind.

LT – Solder
LG – Mankins, Kline
OC – Connolly, Stork
RG – Cannon, Halapio
RT – Vollmer, Fleming

I wouldn't rule out Stork eventually starting.

I wouldn't rule out Stork eventually starting.
I would be surprised if Stork didn't start from Week 1 on.

I would be surprised if Stork didn't start from Week 1 on.

As exciting as that idea seems, that is a pretty tall order as it's not just a matter of knowing the offense and line calls, but being able to change on the fly without losing his wits, or suddenly winging it because Brady sees something he wants to exploit.

Who knows.. TC will show if this is the case.

As exciting as that idea seems, that is a pretty tall order as it's not just a matter of knowing the offense and line calls, but being able to change on the fly without losing his wits, or suddenly winging it because Brady sees something he wants to exploit.

Who knows.. TC will show if this is the case.
By all accounts, Stork is a smart guy. Further, it didn't take Connolly very long to get all of that down in 2011. Wendell has to go. He was so bad last year and in 2012 that it isn't exactly a tall order to leap frog him in the starting line-up.

Reiss's blog is about Armstead today. Apparently, he was participating on a limited basis week one. What exactly does a lineman do in these exercises while in a T-shirt?

@RapSheet: #Cowboys QB Kyle Orton is not at the facility for minicamp today, I’m told. Apparently he isn’t bluffing as he strongly considers retirement

Yes, i know BB has said trading Mallett is something the Patriots aren't interested in. However, the Cowboys may be a good last ditch effort destination for Mallett in return for a 4th or a 5th if Garoppolo continues to impress in minicamp.

@RapSheet: #Cowboys QB Kyle Orton is not at the facility for minicamp today, I’m told. Apparently he isn’t bluffing as he strongly considers retirement

Yes, i know BB has said trading Mallett is something the Patriots aren't interested in. However, the Cowboys may be a good last ditch effort destination for Mallett in return for a 4th or a 5th if Garoppolo continues to impress in minicamp.
I think (and hope) that Belichick will wait to see what Garoppolo does when the pads are on before he trades Mallett to Dallas or any team, for that matter. If he impresses in full pads and scrimmages, by all means, get what you can for Mallett and roll into the season with two QB's on the roster (my preference).

By the way, @patsinthesnow, I think it's safe to say that you were correct about Richardson and I was wrong. :)

Ben Volin‏@BenVolin2m
Day 1 of #Patriots minicamp in the books. Gronk, Mallett, Mankins, Dennard (illness), Dobson, Easley all not practicing because of injury

Mike Reiss‏@MikeReiss2m
With QB Ryan Mallett present but not taking part in drills, more extended work for rookie Jimmy Garoppolo today.

Nick Underhill‏@Nick_Underhill2m
Wilfork and Kelly took part in the first 11-on-11 session. They then spectated

Timed Jimmy G’s throws. Was over 3.5 seconds a bunch of times early in practice. Got rid of it quicker as the session progressed

Allen was between 4.26-4.65 HT on his punts today

Edit: I believe the first tweet is slight incorrect, I don't believe Mallet is missing due to injury, or did I miss something?

So Armstead was there? Volin doesn't list him as absent...

Mike Reiss‏@MikeReiss1m
Photo: Veteran DT Tommy Kelly chats with reporters after practice. pic.twitter.com/85jvp8izUd

Generally, players only talk with media when they're progressing nicely or nearly done with rehab. This is a good thing that Kelly is talking to reporters.

Volin simply missed Armstead I believe:

Nick Underhill‏@Nick_Underhill14m
Dobson, Dennard, D. Fleming, Easley, Armstead not spotted. Williams, Gronk, slater, Mallett, Hawkins, Gallon, Skinner, LaFell in rehab group

By the way, @patsinthesnow, I think it's safe to say that you were correct about Richardson and I was wrong. :)

Ha, those Alabama RBs are tricky. I'm 2-1, as it looks like I will be wrong on Lacy. Weird, because it seemed like in college Ingram/Richardson were better/more talented than him.

Christopher Price ‏@cpriceNFL 30m
At one point, Revis, Browner, McCourty & Harmon all working together on practice field w coaching staff while other defenders in ST drills.

Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe 24m
Duron Harmon is going to be the starting safety next to McCourty, in my opinion. Competition is his to lose.

A late 3rd round safety winning the starting job in his 2nd year is exciting and scary knowing our safety history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes