PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official 2020 UDFA Signing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like JC Jackson and James White will be the only must signs next year. And given all the salary cap space cleared and the players from the last two drafts, next February is going to be huge for the Patriots in free agency.

Fifteen signings by the Patriots.

QB Brian Lewerke (Michigan State)
QB J'Mar Smith (Louisiana Tech)
RB J.J. Taylor (Arizona)
WR Will Hastings (Auburn)
WR Sean Riley (Syracuse)
WR Jeff Thomas (Miami)
WR Isaiah Zuber (Mississippi State)
TE Rashod Berry (Ohio State)
DE Nick Coe (Auburn)
DE Trevon Hill (Miami)
DT Bill Murray (William & Mary)
DT Courtney Wallace Jr. (Louisiana Tech)
LB De'Jon Harris (Arkansas)
LB Kyahva Tezino (San Diego State)
CB Myles Bryant (Washington)

I'll post these to the 2020 Roster Transaction thread once confirmed..

EDIT: Confirmed via Patriots.com

Last edited:
04299101fa3b3d3a34cc0029938854db.png

77999667241857ce3bbb1b7368900ebb.png

3090e4a6a9716274954b7c93fbbd1294.png

15ec88857faa53e08a7030e1438e7bf2.png

Not much video on this one. This looks like high school?

Last edited:
Not sure how they are signing him as my roster count has them at 90. The 10 draftees, the 15 UDFA they'd already signed and the 65 veterans on the team

Not sure how they are signing him as my roster count has them at 90. The 10 draftees, the 15 UDFA they'd already signed and the 65 veterans on the team
Do the drafted players count before they are signed? I guess if the start of the season is delayed then there may not be a rush to sign the drafted players.

None of these are officially signed until at least tomorrow. Cuts could also be coming.

04299101fa3b3d3a34cc0029938854db.png

77999667241857ce3bbb1b7368900ebb.png

3090e4a6a9716274954b7c93fbbd1294.png

15ec88857faa53e08a7030e1438e7bf2.png

Not much video on this one. This looks like high school?

Why did they pay a guy so much who had 23 career catches ? Him and the Ohio State TE baffle me, when other TEs were available as UDFAs.

Must be Jim Burt’s kid, former Giant.

Why did they pay a guy so much who had 23 career catches ? Him and the Ohio State TE baffle me, when other TEs were available as UDFAs.

We could have gone after hunter Bryant.. As a ufda he would have beem a great gamble. Lions got him if I'm not mistaken.

Kid breaks several DB’s ankles in those clips

He gets great.....SEPARATION.....and the Harry haters (I'm not one of them) rejoiced.

Haven’t seen anyone mention this yet but in the video about Will Hastings earlier, he talks extensively about joining Auburn as a kicker and converting to WR to stick around. Video shows him making some interesting kicks.

Just thought it was worth noting. You know Belichick. When it comes down to it he will keep Hastings as the final WR because the kid can be the emergency kicker or some ****.

They could be competing for the role of 3rd TE who does nothing but block in short yardage and play a little special teams.
Some years there is room for that guy, other years they use an ol

Haven’t seen anyone mention this yet but in the video about Will Hastings earlier, he talks extensively about joining Auburn as a kicker and converting to WR to stick around. Video shows him making some interesting kicks.

Just thought it was worth noting. You know Belichick. When it comes down to it he will keep Hastings as the final WR because the kid can be the emergency kicker or some ****.

They already have that in Bailey. He was an elite HS punter AND kicker.

Alot of these UDFA seem to have pretty good potential. There are quite a few that I am kind of excited about.

Idk but

Last edited:

Interesting that CBS list 2 BC TEs among their 750 draft prospects, neither of whom are Burt

Thing about this year's draft......no in person pro days, no in-person meetings

They had to draft based on the talent of their scouts before covid hit, or go with the known.....the combine, the big names, the knowns, the safe bets

this could be a big year for late round draftees & UDFAs......

with training camp time sure to be interesting, and pre-camp activities sure to be limited.....it is also going to be a huge year for the kids that can come in and learn quickly and have those work ethic and leadership unmeasurables

this really sets up for a year where BB just pulls players out of his ass......i know normally we see only 1 or 2 late rounders and 1 or 2 UDFAs make the roster.......but this year could break that trend.....i see at least 3 of these UDFAs that i'd be surprised not to be on the roster just based on signing bonus & scouting reports (murray, hastings & harris)......i think Coe could be an interesting PS stash (we love former wrestlers)......but there's a few other UDFAs that look interesting, too

this is going to be an odd year, for obvious reasons.....and i like the way NE has historically excelled in this area to be an advantage

I read somewhere that when Hastings arrived at Auburn, they already had a scholarship veteran kicker, so he focused solely on practicing varieties of onsides kicks, popups, squib kicks, and other specialty-type kicks. i don't know if he was called on try try any tricks in games.

With Lewerke signed thats 8! players drafted/signed that were on my NEP Big board.
Big time arm talent. Big time consistency issues everywhere. From his footwork to decision making, handling pressure. Vg mobility. Decent release when set up is on point. Wasn't helped by talent around him. Love the value of where we got him. Pretty deep ball but again inconsistent in a lot of intermediate areas. Love to see him and Smith battle it out for QB3.

2020 NEP Big Board.xlsx

With Lewerke signed thats 8! players drafted/signed that were on my NEP Big board.
Big time arm talent. Big time consistency issues everywhere. From his footwork to decision making, handling pressure. Vg mobility. Decent release when set up is on point. Wasn't helped by talent around him. Love the value of where we got him. Pretty deep ball but again inconsistent in a lot of intermediate areas. Love to see him and Smith battle it out for QB3.

2020 NEP Big Board.xlsx
One of Lewereke or Smith could make the PS

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes