PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The narrative I'd like to hear next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Betting line is just Vegas going after the psychology of the bettor and believing which point will get them close to the 50% mark. Clearly eary betting went wit the Rams and it's moved from Pats at -3 to +3? That's a bug swing. Really has nothing to do with expectation of real results.

Another story will be McVie who is the young/hot coach who is innovative with his offense. McDaniels gets credit too, but there have been so many SB Patriot stories over time, probably even journalists are looking for something new and go the easy route and talk about the team that hasn't been there since 2001 (which was the beginning of the Patriot/BB dynasty).

Side note, who cares about Boston media. Why would anyone bother with them, when we have such a fine collection of (mostly) like minded fans here.

I'm curious how much air time Willie McGinnest will get this week at the NFL Network. The last 2 weeks they have hidden him in college all-star coverage seemingly to appease the vast Pats haters universe. James Jones and MJD are so over the top in their hatred of anything Patriot it would be nice to have a little balance in their coverage.

I'm curious how much air time Willie McGinnest will get this week at the NFL Network. The last 2 weeks they have hidden him in college all-star coverage seemingly to appease the vast Pats haters universe. James Jones and MJD are so over the top in their hatred of anything Patriot it would be nice to have a little balance in their coverage.
MJD is the Rob Parker of NFL Network.

...I mean, to me the entire thing is so f*cking astounding...

I'm still stuck here, in awe, just when I thought the Pats orgnizational excellence couldn't surprise me anymore. Every time I reflect on it, I'm just shaking my head, again..

But, if you are serious about wanting to shape the national narrative, it isn't hard to influence these days. Just get someone with social media analytical software and a handful of $2 and hour overseas workers to launch a strategic messaging campaign. If this was started now, many of the key points you outline here would come out of the mouths of the TV crews within 72 hours, as if they thought of it themselves. Twitter is that easy to influence on a topic like this, because it is still unplanned chaos when it comes to sports.

One of the most interesting narratives to me is "Brady and the Pats get all the calls". I realize I watch the games with homer glasses on but when several media members and fans of other teams focus on the Brady RTP call or even the obviously correct Edelman "muffed punt" overturn it really baffles me. The Pats have been penalized 15 times for 136 yards and 8 first downs so far in the post season while only benefiting from 9 penalties for 61 yards and 3 first downs. I am not someone that believes calls should even out but just looking at these numbers plus several questionable PI calls or non calls against KC it seems obvious to me the Pats do not have the refs in their back pockets. I guess I am just surprised that there is not one media member beating this drum.

Clearly eary betting went wit the Rams and it's moved from Pats at -3 to +3? That's a bug swing. Really has nothing to do with expectation of real results.

??

Early money was on the Pats pushing the line from Rams + 1 into Pats -3 territory now. Not really sure what you are on about.

??

Early money was on the Pats pushing the line from Rams + 1 into Pats -3 territory now. Not really sure what you are on about.
Call me suspicious

4 point swing despite Guerley and the Rams affirming his healthy status?

Was Guerley’s trainer spotted betting the house on NE?

On another note, if there was a playoff game that the NFL and its refs wanted NE to win in order to gloss over last weekends officiating debacle, this is it
Vegas knows something?

Betting line is just Vegas going after the psychology of the bettor and believing which point will get them close to the 50% mark. Clearly eary betting went wit the Rams and it's moved from Pats at -3 to +3? That's a bug swing. Really has nothing to do with expectation of real results.

Another story will be McVie who is the young/hot coach who is innovative with his offense. McDaniels gets credit too, but there have been so many SB Patriot stories over time, probably even journalists are looking for something new and go the easy route and talk about the team that hasn't been there since 2001 (which was the beginning of the Patriot/BB dynasty).

Side note, who cares about Boston media. Why would anyone bother with them, when we have such a fine collection of (mostly) like minded fans here.
??

Clearly then I reversed my pluses/minuses. I thought the pats were being favored now.

Clearly then I reversed my pluses/minuses. I thought the pats were being favored now.

The Pats started out as 1 point dog and are now a 3 point favorite because betters hammered the Pats until the line kinda stabilized around this.

When you start using words like ‘narrative’ it is obvious that you have spent way too much time listening to the media tell you what to think.

Looking for validation from a souless press that has been afflicted by PDS for almost two decades is fools errand.

Embrace the hate and know that you are witnessing one of the greatest runs in history.

pp

Jones is beyond hatred. He was laughed at on his KC pre game spewage as he gave the coaching edge to Andy Reid over Bill. As he played for GB, I don't get the personal butt soreness he displays.

I gave up listening to the noise many years ago. When we get in the SB I usually spend my time here and re-watching the 3 Games to Glory series. I hope I can squeeze them all in this week. ;)

The only thing I don't agree with in the OP has come up in another thread here. That's the idea that the Pats pick at the end of every round so they lose very much. The truth is that the teams with the worse records gain on one player only, in the first round. After that player is picked the Pats are picking ahead of those teams for the rest of their picks. To me the difference isn't as drastic as it's made out to be.

I think the reason that the Pats are favored is the same as it would be for any game. That's where the most money is going. And I think the reason for that is Tom Brady and Bill Belichick, in that order.

As for the HOF, there seems to be an NFC bias with the selections.
We're on to Atlanta.

I seen Scott Pioli after he got the Personel job give a speech at a lunch event years ago. He said he told BB “I will get you the best players”. He said BB fired back at him “I want the right players not the best players”. He asked BB to elaborate and he said “for instance Brushi is strong to his right but weak to his left. I want a player on his left that is strong to his right to cover up Brushi’s weakness. And I want 2 of those players to account for injury”

My point is BB builds a team like a puzzle. That is why players leave us and do not thrive elsewhere. They are system players that fit nicely in the puzzle. He covers players weaknesses and plays to there strengths. That is why we draft guys and our head explodes. They are a puzzle piece not always the big name left on the board.

That being said I know the Rams have huge named players all through their roster.. Question is are they just names and fine players but with holes to be exposed. If their are holes BB will exploit them, because that is his forte. My guess with 2 weeks game planning. He will not make a mistake like he did last year and screw up the psych of the team by benching a respected teammate right before the game. They will come in with a solid game plan and trust in that plan. The No Names Win again

The Pats started out as 1 point dog and are now a 3 point favorite because betters hammered the Pats until the line kinda stabilized around this.
As of Friday 80% of the money was on the Pat's, they had to do something to even things out.

Wow. I seen Pioli at that brunch in 2000 and that movie was 2004. Did they plagiarize BB. Lol
Movie is depiction of the true story in 1979.

Don't know if Bill ever met Herb, but I think it's just a coincidence.

The Narrative I want to hear next week is this:

THE MOTHERF*KING PATRIOTS JUST WON ANOTHER F*CKING LOMBARDI TROPHY. NOW ITS GOING TO BE THE MOTHERF*CKING BILL F*CKING BELICHICK TROPHY, WITH TOM MOTHERF*CKING BRADY HOISTING THAT F*CKING THING FOREVER AND EVER!!!

I’d be happy with this.

Nice write up..on a side nice, the whole public being on Pats thing is over stated. They haven't converted yet. My coworker bet $100 on NE but was rooting for the Chiefs. These people have pride, and have reached the point where they can't reasonably talk any sh*t at the moment and feel ridiculous to lose more money betting against them. A loss this week brings all the morons back from out the woodwork.. This is finally the opportunity to fully submit the entire NFL, having all the talking heads with their tails between their legs and depressed.

Movie is depiction of the true story in 1979.

Don't know if Bill ever met Herb, but I think it's just a coincidence.
My guess is the great coaches whom were system coaches had this mentality. Auerbach I am sure had the same philosophy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back