PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Mahomes/Chiefs Discussion Thread

Just ban him.

I heart Mahomes. He's dreamy.

This post has to be ok?

Where does this thread and any KC thread belong?

30213609.jpg

This sub forum is despicable

This sub forum is despicable

The Chiefs are potentially the next NFL dynasty. They just need one more, and so the comparisons with NE are going to be inevitable. Ian realizes that there will naturally be a lot of Chiefs discussion on the main board and decided to open up a sub forum to move those conversations here.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
Pretty remarkable start to Mahomes' career.

Screenshot 2023-02-07 at 4.25.39 PM.png

As far as regular season numbers are concerned, Mahomes through 5 years is dusting Brady.

Brady (2001-2005): 123 TDs, 66 INTs, 18,029 yards

Mahomes (2018-2022): 192 TDs, 48 INTs, 23,957 yards

Also, through their first 5 years, 4 overall MVPs for Mahomes (2 SB, 2 regular season) vs 2 MVPs for Brady (SBs 36 and 38).

Last edited:
Pretty remarkable start to Mahomes' career.

View attachment 49990

As far as regular season numbers are concerned, Mahomes through 5 years is dusting Brady.

Brady (2001-2005): 123 TDs, 66 INTs, 18,029 yards

Mahomes (2018-2022): 192 TDs, 48 INTs, 23,957 yards
Apples and Oranges. The start of Brady's career was a different era of the sport than the start of Mahomes career. Brady also never had the offensive firepower that Mahomes has.

Apples and Oranges. The start of Brady's career was a different era of the sport than the start of Mahomes career. Brady also never had the offensive firepower that Mahomes has.

I am just telling you what the numbers are. And BTW you never afforded that same leeway to Montana, who played in the wild wild west of the 80s...I guess whatever suits your argument.

The Chiefs are potentially the next NFL dynasty. They just need one more, and so the comparisons with NE are going to be inevitable. Ian realizes that there will naturally be a lot of Chiefs discussion on the main board and decided to open up a sub forum to move those conversations here.
They may never win another one again.
Right now they're like the 05-10 Steelers.

I am just telling you what the numbers are. And BTW you never afforded that same leeway to Montana, who played in the wild wild west of the 80s...I guess whatever suits your argument.
No you're using numbers to say that Mahomes is dusting Brady. It's comparing apples and oranges.

Brady led the league in TD in 2002 with 28... which would barely be top 10 in this era. Peyton led the league in pass yards with 4200 in 2003... that also is barely top 10 in this era. Nuff said.

I am sure I never compared Montana's yards to Brady's. Same thing.

They may never win another one again.
Right now they're like the 05-10 Steelers.

I think they are better than the 05-11 Steelers. Both won two super bowls and lost a third one. However, the Chiefs have hosted 5 straight AFCCGs. They are not a dynasty yet IMO, but they are close.

No you're using numbers to say that Mahomes is dusting Brady. It's comparing apples and oranges.

Brady led the league in TD in 2002 with 28... which would barely be top 10 in this era. Peyton led the league in pass yards with 4200 in 2003... that also is barely top 10 in this era. Nuff said.

I am sure I never compared Montana's yards to Brady's. Same thing.

Then we are in agreement - comparing QBs across eras is stupid. Isn't this what I've been telling you all along?

I can see why Chiefs fans like you would use Nick Wright as your source of football knowledge. LOL

LOL i thought you were a stats guy. Nick Wright is just presenting the facts.

Then we are in agreement - comparing QBs across eras is stupid. Isn't this what I've been telling you all along?
You can compare QBs. Just not useful to compare numbers without mentioning the era.
LOL i thought you were a stats guy. Nick Wright is just presenting the facts.
Nick Wright is a Chiefs homer and will say anything to pump up his boy. That's also a "fact". Of course Chiefs fans like you would agree with him. Isn't that how it works? I was a "Bucs fan" because I liked Brady so I guess you're a Chiefs fan now eh? ;)

I think they are better than the 05-11 Steelers. Both won two super bowls and lost a third one. However, the Chiefs have hosted 5 straight AFCCGs. They are not a dynasty yet IMO, but they are close.
Brady-led Pats went to 8 straight AFCCG, so they're on the way but haven't arrived yet.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back